Hotpoint Washing machine blows up in kitchen

Found 12th Sep 2015
My Hotpoint Aqualtis AQ113D 697S 11KG Washing Machine in silver blew up in my kitchen, and I was wondering if anyone else experienced problems with this machine as Someone informed me they apparently were on watchdog for this very issue.
Community Updates
AskHotpointKitchen
31 Comments
"pics please or not true" haha only joking yes it has been on watchdog before.
hi will try and upload a picture now

Edited by: "petecross1981" 12th Sep 2015
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/joannepye1977evark/aq1_zpsmagyrdou.jpg
Edited by: "petecross1981" 12th Sep 2015
I'm sure this was on watchdog a few years ago with the same problem with hot point
http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i155/joannepye1977evark/aq2_zpsplghbfzm.jpg

[img][/img]

Bob24601

I'm sure this was on watchdog a few years ago with the same problem with … I'm sure this was on watchdog a few years ago with the same problem with hot point

I looked on there website and it says only2007-2009 models have been affected but i bought my machine in november 2012
petecross1981

[img][/img]I looked on there website and it says only2007-2009 models … [img][/img]I looked on there website and it says only2007-2009 models have been affected but i bought my machine in november 2012

You might have bought it in Nov 2012, but it still could have been manufactured between 2007-09. Check for a sticker with date of manufacture or check serial number with Hotpoint
have checked the sticker but only gives model and serial number no indication of date
Can't help with this but about 10 years ago we had all hotpoint they had to replace 2 dishwashers for flooding our kitchen and when the washer broke 3 of the 4 bolts than hold the brick you see in your picture they wouldn't repair it said it wasn't a manufacturing fault!

Good luck hope you get it sorted quickly.
thanks very interesting reading. i dont really want a hotpoint replacement as it is so dangerous but dont know what my rights will be in respect to this as its nearly 3 years old. Does anyone have any views on what my options are regarding hotpoint please?
eslick

Can't help with this but about 10 years ago we had all hotpoint they had … Can't help with this but about 10 years ago we had all hotpoint they had to replace 2 dishwashers for flooding our kitchen and when the washer broke 3 of the 4 bolts than hold the brick you see in your picture they wouldn't repair it said it wasn't a manufacturing fault! Good luck hope you get it sorted quickly.

Thats awful eslick i do have extended warranty on the machine so they will have to cover it but I dont really want to put my family at risk by having another potentially dangerous machine in the house. Ever since we have owned the machine we had 3 engineers out to fix a loud banging noise that was never really resolved.

It's clearly a manufacturing fault as so many people have suffered the same issue.

I would certainly make a call to trading standards and explain the history of your machine and say you've looked online and can see its a common problem.

Under your consumer rights you have lost faith in the product and it did not last a reasonable amount of time.

They can offer to repair your machine, which I believe they have, they have failed to fix it and as youve 'lost faith' in it I would be pushing for a refund.
Edited by: "fluffykitty79" 12th Sep 2015
I had the same machine. Luckily never exploded. But had nothing but problems with the dam thing. Mine got so hot once I am surprised it didn't combust. I new the engineer on first name terms. I finally got rid of it in July. If you go on the hotpoint Facebook page. There is quiet a few complaints about these machines. Plus oven doors exploding. I will never touch hotpoint again
I have a hotpoint aquaris I have had nothing but trouble with it since I purchased it about 6 years ago. Two weeks after the 12 month warranty ran out a part went on it that the engineer said in his 20 years he had never seen that part go and if it had been within the 12 months machine would have been replaced! The machine has had to have work done to it every year sometimes up to 3 call outs in the year. Last year 5 parts had to be replaced including the drum. Now it is playing up again they replaced another 2 parts on Friday as the machine was flashing H20 error within a hour of the engineer going error back again! Another appointment booked for next Wednesday!!!! I think over the time I have had it every part had been replaced, the outside shell is the only original part!
Edited by: "ashopaholic123" 12th Sep 2015
Check your machine details here

hotpointservice.co.uk/app…es/

I've just checked mine, said my machine fell within the time period but serial number was ok. Don't think so the amount of times I've had them out!
Thanks for the advice and information guys and I think I will be contacting trading standards about the machine. I will also tweet Hotpoint Hopefully they will agree to refund me but I doubt it I have heard hotpoint can be really difficult when they want to. the engineer is coming out Monday
ashopaholic123

Check your machine details … Check your machine details herehttp://www.hotpointservice.co.uk/appliances/washing-machines/safety-notices/I've just checked mine, said my machine fell within the time period but serial number was ok. Don't think so the amount of times I've had them out!

I wouldn't trust that I put my machine details on there and it said it was fine.
I had problems with my indesit (same company) machine the whole time I had it. Bought in 2010. Was upstairs last year and heard massive bang from kitchen. It had jumped out of it's gap under worktop about 2 foot. Hadn't bothered with extended warranty. Local guy came and told me to scrap it as it was buggered and would cost more to fix than a new one.

Post your pics on their fb page, you will probably get a quick response.
I'll give you a tenner for your soap tray as mine is knackard
petecross1981

I wouldn't trust that I put my machine details on there and it said it … I wouldn't trust that I put my machine details on there and it said it was fine.

Was still thinking about ringing the number on Monday as model number came up as to ring but when I put serial number in as well said it was fine.
petecross1981

I wouldn't trust that I put my machine details on there and it said it … I wouldn't trust that I put my machine details on there and it said it was fine.

Was still thinking about ringing the number on Monday as model number came up as to ring but when I put serial number in as well said it was fine.

Your model may be affected. Please call us on 01733 287843 for further advice or email support@indesit.com
It looks like a minor fault. 10 min fix imo.
I would not touch hotpoint.
I could be wrong but I thought the fix and how to tell if yours was not affected by this was to pop the top off, and if there was a metal strap/bar across the top center then yours was not affected by this issue as reported on watchdog.
mine had the metal bar across the top
Hotpoint should come with a warning. DO NOT TOUCH! Sorry to hear about your machine and best of luck when you contact them as I think you'll need it. I speak from personal experience.
Hubcms, thanks you are definately right about needing luck the engineer came out today and said it needs replacing but said he wasn't authorised to make that decision he rang up the hotpoint parts team and they categorically refused. Engineer tried to enter all the parts needed on the machine and the system crashed because there were too many parts to list, have been on and off the phone all day queuing and they refuse to even accept it cannot be repaired even though this machine exploded and it is a safety issue I cannot believe how awful and disgusting hotpoint are and how they are treating the customer... It's appalling.

Edited by: "petecross1981" 15th Sep 2015
The retailer should in theory help more. I take it you didn't buy it from John Lewis... (I've always had excellent service from them.)
No I bought it online unfortunately in future I think I will only buy from John Lewis
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants