Help! Hotpoint washing machine F08 flashing error

Posted 7th Dec 2019Edited by:"rimalpatel007"
Hi my Hotpoint washing machine WMXTF842K 18months old from New has started to display f08 along with flashing lights.

The first time this occurred i turned it off and after few min it was ok. Few washes after was perfectly good.

Today during a 60min wash after 20min the issue came back. I turned it off and tried running a 30min cycle however the issue still there as soon as i press start.

The door can be opened.

Any advice on a fix or the machine is dead after 18months low use.
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

7 Comments
yorkie1207/12/2019 15:47

This says it's a faulty heater relay …This says it's a faulty heater relay -https://www.whitegoodshelp.co.uk/indesit-washing-machine-flashing-8-times-or-indicating-error-code-8/

Any rough idea for a fix?
General consensus is F08 is a heater element related fault. Simple "Google" search for "Hotpoint error F08" reveals several articles:

"F08 indicates the heater relay is stuck. It can be a faulty heater or wiring but most times it's the control board.

STEPS:
Unplug the appliance.
Take the rear panel off.
At the bottom rear of the tub is the heater, it's held by a single nut.
Test it to see if it's open circuit (you do need to be able to use a multimeter). If it is, change the heater.
If not, check the wiring at the heater and at the main control board. (located bottom left when viewed from the rear).

If all is ok, you'll likely need to have a new control board fitted and programmed to the appliance."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Another helpful engineer on a forum wrote:

"F08 is a heating fault. Now it can be either the heater itself, wiring to the heater or the control board.

If you are looking at fixing yourself then you need to pull the washer out and remove the back panel and make sure its unplugged.

From there you will see the heater in the back of the drum.

Check the wires to this and see if its broken.

If the wires are fine then you need a test meter to check the heater. Check it for continuity first and it should read about 28 Ohms.

If that's fine then test it to earth. If failing to earth then the heater will need to be replaced.

But if the heater and wiring is fine then I'm afraid its the control board at fault here. Now this isn't a DIY fix as the control boards are sold blank and need to be programmed up by the Hotpoint laptop. But this is quite an expensive repair as they charge £130 all in. So for that price at least they will fit what ever parts you need.

But that's what the F08 error code means so check the heater out and see what you find from there."
I'd contact where I bought from as should last longer than 18 months. If you try to fix they will say it's your fault.
ANDYwwww98707/12/2019 20:14

I'd contact where I bought from as should last longer than 18 months. If …I'd contact where I bought from as should last longer than 18 months. If you try to fix they will say it's your fault.

Send it back or get hotpoint to repair for free
Got an engineer to replace the element for £70.
All working good now.
rimalpatel00708/12/2019 15:15

Got an engineer to replace the element for £70.All working good now.

Send the bill to Hotpoint,
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions