hotpoint wmaqf 641 washing machine

Found 26th Aug 2015
help, i'm in the doghouse, mrs left for work with instructions to buy a machine, so I duly bought above model from Tesco, it had the required 1400 spin and in graphite it was around same price as she had seen, now she aint happy coz it does not have a quick wash cycle, says the quickest cycle is 1.5hours compared to our old hotpoints' 30mins cycle?

i tried to argue that it was cold water supply only and they are more efficient now, suggested she try and change as it's under a month old?
Community Updates
10 Comments
According to the manual, wash cycle 14 (Eco Cycle Fast 30), does a quick wash in 30 mins. Page 8
change it
get what she wants
get laid
be happy
again
Edited by: "sowotsdis" 26th Aug 2015
I have the same washer and it does have a 30 min wash no 14 and also a 60 min wash thats i use for quite dirty items thats good.
tregs

According to the manual, wash cycle 14 (Eco Cycle Fast 30), does a quick … According to the manual, wash cycle 14 (Eco Cycle Fast 30), does a quick wash in 30 mins. Page 8

thx had me excited there but our model is wmaqf 641 and does not have same cycles as page 8 in that manual.
leitchyleck

thx had me excited there but our model is wmaqf 641 and does not have … thx had me excited there but our model is wmaqf 641 and does not have same cycles as page 8 in that manual.

Does it have a time saver option? Bottom of page 11
This reduces times by upto 50%
GB
Wash cycles and options
Wash options
Time Saver
If you select this option, the wash cycle duration will be
reduced by up to 50%, depending on the selected cycle,
thereby guaranteeing simultaneous water and energy saving

thx again, yes it does but mrs says the quickest normal cycle with time saver is 1hr 19 mins.

we just went through the product on Tesco site looking at customer reviews, the first dozen or so were positive and I based purchase on that, reading further on some say cycles are too long, condemned for that!
Edited by: "leitchyleck" 26th Aug 2015
on to Tesco's now, not sure if the will return it they have to speak to indesit!

anyone with info on SOG's act regarding washing machine returns? Tesco return policy has no mention of washing machines, says everything else has 28 days from delivery which was 5th aug.

CS says maybe because it was plumbed in it's non returnable, also if a tv is turned it can't be returned? surely that's wrong?
leitchyleck

on to Tesco's now, not sure if the will return it they have to speak to … on to Tesco's now, not sure if the will return it they have to speak to indesit!anyone with info on SOG's act regarding washing machine returns? Tesco return policy has no mention of washing machines, says everything else has 28 days from delivery which was 5th aug.CS says maybe because it was plumbed in it's non returnable, also if a tv is turned it can't be returned? surely that's wrong?

lol you think that cleaning your dirty laundry in the machine, for a week, and you should be able to return it?!

im sorry you messed up and you're in the dog house with the missus but dont blame tesco. They have a lot of faults but this one isnt one you can pin on them, you made a mistake, she will get used to it or you will have to sell that machine and take the hit on buying a new one, they are your options.
I think the mistake was really your wife's - fancy leaving a man to buy a washing machine!
Tesco's just called, arranging a refund, their returns policy does not mention washing machines, happy days!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions