Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

Hotukdeals becoming an advertising site for Amazon prime deals

Posted 5th Apr
Seems to be far too many Amazon prime deals on here under £20 . I would think the vast majority on here are not prime members so the deals include high p&p costs . Down votes from me .
Community Updates

Groups

Top comments
It's because HUKD earns a commission for every person who signs up to prime on top of the commission for the sale. This is an affiliate site, all deals are optimised for earnings.
Jason05/04/2020 08:48

Hi @mikeportsmouth All Amazon deals under £20 we add the non-Prime price …Hi @mikeportsmouth All Amazon deals under £20 we add the non-Prime price to the title. So members can see both prices easily.

You do yes and hence they become expensive
You don't have to buy if you feel the price is too high, as with everything on HUKD !
24 Comments
Hi @mikeportsmouth All Amazon deals under £20 we add the non-Prime price to the title. So members can see both prices easily.
Jason05/04/2020 08:48

Hi @mikeportsmouth All Amazon deals under £20 we add the non-Prime price …Hi @mikeportsmouth All Amazon deals under £20 we add the non-Prime price to the title. So members can see both prices easily.

mikeportsmouth05/04/2020 08:50

Over 1 in 4 of UK a prime member and nearly 40% with access to prime.

If I was a betting person I would hazard a guess that the 60% of UK without prime access would have a correlation with not using hotukdeals either
Bertz9905/04/2020 08:58

Over 1 in 4 of UK a prime member and nearly 40% with access to prime.If I …Over 1 in 4 of UK a prime member and nearly 40% with access to prime.If I was a betting person I would hazard a guess that the 60% of UK without prime access would have a correlation with not using hotukdeals either

Doubt it
mikeportsmouth05/04/2020 08:59

Doubt it

Just as I doubt "the vast majority on here are not prime members" with the addition of or have prime access
Bertz9905/04/2020 09:01

Just as I doubt "the vast majority on here are not prime members" with …Just as I doubt "the vast majority on here are not prime members" with the addition of or have prime access

Then we are a couple of doubters
You don't have to buy if you feel the price is too high, as with everything on HUKD !
mikeportsmouth05/04/2020 08:50

You're spot-on, the non-Prime price is so rarely a good deal that I no longer bother even looking at Amazon deals, I just scroll on past!
It's much easier to track prices at Amazon than most companies so part of reason you see so many deals from Amazon. We need more sites like camelcamel that track other retailers or even hotukdeal teams that focus on particular sites.
End of day, deals are dictated by members so if not happy, do your bit and contribute
It's because HUKD earns a commission for every person who signs up to prime on top of the commission for the sale. This is an affiliate site, all deals are optimised for earnings.
I'm surprised hukd haven't added an option on this site to show Amazon prime prices.

Then the deal listing could automatically include postage or not on amazon listings, instead of adding both to the title, and as a bonus the site would get data on who is and isn't a prime member...
Edited by: "melted" 5th Apr
I would say 30% of uses have Prime.
I do and it's well worth it.
You only need to order 2 items a month and you are saving money .
You also get Prime Video which is a bonus .
I order things for parents as well .
So it's well worth it .
I don't have Prime, don't usually shop as much.
Bertz9905/04/2020 08:58

Over 1 in 4 of UK a prime member and nearly 40% with access to prime.If I …Over 1 in 4 of UK a prime member and nearly 40% with access to prime.If I was a betting person I would hazard a guess that the 60% of UK without prime access would have a correlation with not using hotukdeals either

Out of the 8 or so people I’ve spoken too today, non have prime, including myself.
BadMF05/04/2020 12:51

Out of the 8 or so people I’ve spoken too today, non have prime, including …Out of the 8 or so people I’ve spoken too today, non have prime, including myself.

Well done- a sample rate of 8 people in a populas of 60 million of which how many use hotukdeals and gives what sort of confidence level?

Anyway - for what it is worth I have been called out at 7am this morning as am involved in the healthcare sector and we be very busy at the moment. On the group chat I have just asked, as curious, how many have prime membership and that leaves me taking your 8 and trumping you by 1 so far and that is without including their friends and family that would also have access without be a member should the member so decide.

Perhaps hotukdeals might want to setup a poll (albeit as one the mods stated at start with amazon deals have to have non prime cost in header)
Edited by: "Bertz99" 5th Apr
I have a feeling that if the poll is run and people actually check if the fee is justified based on what they need to buy, many will cancel the subscription.
Just ignore the deal if it's amazon and under £20?

Hardly difficult.
mikeportsmouth05/04/2020 08:59

Doubt it

tamebay.com/201…tml

Amazon is the retail phenomenon which started in a garage and now, nearly a quarter of a century later, new research from Mintel reveals that almost nine in ten (86%) Brits are Amazon shoppers. More importantly, four out of ten Brits are now Amazon Prime members.

39% of consumers have access to Amazon Prime, with 26% personally being Amazon Prime members and a further 13% sharing access through someone else’s account. Scaled to a national level, this places Amazon Prime membership in the UK at around the 15 million mark.
Just add to basket and then save for later, then order a few items in a weeks time if your still interested in them
AnkerMan05/04/2020 09:31

... We need more sites like camelcamel that track other retailers ...

Arguably less sites like CCC as it is currently dormant, but I appreciate your point.
'vast majority on here are not prime members', link to the reports you used to come up with such a statement please.

Out of the 8 or so people I’ve spoken too today, non have prime, including …Out of the 8 or so people I’ve spoken too today, non have prime, including myself.

I can’t remember the last person I spoke to that hasn’t had prime.
joanddan705/04/2020 20:14

I can’t remember the last person I spoke to that hasn’t had prime.

What a time to be alive.

So when you start a conversation you automatically start with, "do you have Amazon Prime", or manage to include asking that during. Find that very hard to believe You even keep a tally
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants