hotukdeals foreign holiday deals

Posted 17th Mar
I don't normally get involved in the continuous berating of HUKD's apparent policies. I just find it ridiculous when people moan about anti bacterial hand sanitiser offers etc.

However now that Britons advised to avoid all non-essential foreign travel for 30 days I believe that all foreign travel offers should be removed and none should be allowed to be posted.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

11 Comments
They can still be looked at and booked for later though *Actually it's not known how long this will go on for is it
Edited by: "jco83" 17th Mar
jco8317/03/2020 13:39

They can still be looked at and booked for later though *Actually it's not …They can still be looked at and booked for later though *Actually it's not known how long this will go on for is it

I just think HUKD would be putting their head in the lions mouth. If someone booked a holiday today for departure in 45 days time I'm not too sure an insurance policy claim would be straightforward if in 45 days time the advise still stood.
This morning I've had a full refund for a holiday to Greece in April booked with Jet2 Holidays. They told me that if I book for later in the year and the travel bans get extended I'll receive a full refund. I guess it depends on the carrier etc.
Sim17/03/2020 13:49

This morning I've had a full refund for a holiday to Greece in April …This morning I've had a full refund for a holiday to Greece in April booked with Jet2 Holidays. They told me that if I book for later in the year and the travel bans get extended I'll receive a full refund. I guess it depends on the carrier etc.

I think the key here may have something to do with booking a holiday during a 30 day non essential travel ban for travel outside of the 30 days. I still say that HUKD should consider not getting involved. I can just imagine the posts that would happen on this site if someone booked a holiday from a posting here for May and then the ban was extended until June and an insurance company or travel firm didnt play ball. Just my two penneth worth
Edited by: "OllieSt" 17th Mar
I agree Ollie sounds like this could go on longer than people think

Even holiday next winter could be problematic
@Toptrumpet was asking about airport parking refunds as well.
Wongy11017/03/2020 15:09

I agree Ollie sounds like this could go on longer than people thinkEven …I agree Ollie sounds like this could go on longer than people thinkEven holiday next winter could be problematic@Toptrumpet was asking about airport parking refunds as well.

I’m still trying to get through to Holiday Extras The phone answers with a message ‘we are a experiencing high volumes of calls, please refer to our FAQ on our website’ and then cuts off.
Someone I know was due to go on a family cruise to Japan at Easter costing £6k, they were offered a full refund or a voucher to be used later in the year worth £12k. They’ve taken the voucher.
Edited by: "Toptrumpet" 17th Mar
Virgin Atlantic are asking for a one off payment of £7.5 billion from the government aka UK taxpayer. Virgin Atlantic is owned by the Virgin Group (20%), Air France-KLM (31%) and (US) Delta Air Lines (49%)

Go figure.
Edited by: "Hacked" 17th Mar
Hacked17/03/2020 16:03

Virgin Atlantic are asking for a one off payment of £7.5 billion from the …Virgin Atlantic are asking for a one off payment of £7.5 billion from the government aka UK taxpayer. Virgin Atlantic is owned by the Virgin Group (20%), Air France-KLM (31%) and (US) Delta Air Lines (49%)Go figure.

Yet they ask their employees to take 8 weeks off unpaid.
thelondoneconomic.com/new…03/
Hacked17/03/2020 16:03

Virgin Atlantic are asking for a one off payment of £7.5 billion from the …Virgin Atlantic are asking for a one off payment of £7.5 billion from the government aka UK taxpayer. Virgin Atlantic is owned by the Virgin Group (20%), Air France-KLM (31%) and (US) Delta Air Lines (49%)Go figure.

Yes, I can figure.

Get rid of Virgin Atlantic, buy it back for £1, and use £7.5 billion to rename it as Virgin Global (100% UK owned).
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants