Groups
    EXPIRED

HotUkDeals Swear Filter.... (May offend if the filter is poor)

In a effort to fully test the swear filter on the site, and hopefully improve it in case it is missing some words. I have found a list on the Internet and I am going to check how efficient it is..

If words are deemed to be offensive they can be added to the sites filter, and I will feel like I have done a great community job...

Here, goes lets have some stars..

EDITED... Sorry.

20 Comments

Swear filter doesnt work on the header you ****ing ****

Original Poster

Don't understand why the filter has not worked....

Have I broken it....
    Can this be deleted. I don't want to get into trouble.....

:oops::oops::oops::oops::oops:

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

hahahahaha i feel so bad for u, ur gonna grt in trouble when u shudnt coz u didnt know, funny stuff tho

Chiptivo;4142911

Don't understand why the filter has not worked....Have I broken it....Can … Don't understand why the filter has not worked....Have I broken it....Can this be deleted. I don't want to get into trouble.....:oops::oops::oops::oops:

reported

oh so smutty :w00t:

o noes, i just read some racist words

acecatcher3;4142935

o noes, i just read some racist words

:cry:

Banned

loooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooool

GREAT THREAD

Been nice knowing you buddy

in b4 the ban

scunthorpe ?

Banned

Luke...pick up your headset!!!

ODB_69;4142950

Luke...pick up your headset!!!

i cant private chat on silver

Banned

acecatcher3;4142959

i cant private chat on silver

u sure? I can still send u the invite??

ODB_69;4142969

u sure? I can still send u the invite??

yeah i know, i tried to get into party chat other day

Wish I could dig the OP a hole to hide in.

Painful.

acecatcher3;4142979

yeah i know, i tried to get into party chat other day

should still work m8

Original Poster

robtallica;4142997

Wish I could dig the OP a hole to hide in.Painful.

I know.. I feel a right idiot..
    I edited it straight away..

I only copied and pasted from a google search, looking down the list, some are bad..
    Some to be honest I have never heard of before.. I have been educated, and probably banned..

Think this is one to keep bumped :giggle:

supermod

Chiptivo, I've had a look though your list of swear words & the problem with banning some of them is that it would affect other words. The ones you've listed tend to be double barrelled & can be quite innocent if broken down. And a lot of swear words also have genuine non vulgar meanings. For example we had a problem recently where Scunthorpe was partially filtered out.

The best advice from Admin is simply don't use swear words when posting & if you do see any displayed in a thread then report them to be manually edited by a MOD. Also never substitute letters in a swear word as this will bypass the swear filter & may result in an infraction (it's in the HUKD Forum Code of Conduct but some members are unaware the swear filter exists). If it is relevant, we can add specific words to the swear filter as we find them.

But don't post any swear words in the Post title or in the main opening post as a different system generates those entries & it isn't covered by the Auto swear filter - as I think you discovered. (Have you recovered yet btw?) Thanks :thumbsup:

Original Poster

sigma;4144044

Chiptivo, I've had a look though your list of swear words & the problem … Chiptivo, I've had a look though your list of swear words & the problem with banning some of them is that it would affect other words. The ones you've listed tend to be double barrelled & can be quite innocent if broken down. And a lot of swear words also have genuine non vulgar meanings. For example we had a problem recently where Scunthorpe was partially filtered out.The best advice from Admin is simply don't use swear words when posting & if you do see any displayed in a thread then report them to be manually edited by a MOD. Also never substitute letters in a swear word as this will bypass the swear filter & may result in an infraction (it's in the HUKD Forum Code of Conduct but some members are unaware the swear filter exists). If it is relevant, we can add specific words to the swear filter as we find them.But don't post any swear words in the Post title or in the main opening post as a different system generates those entries & it isn't covered by the Auto swear filter - as I think you discovered. (Have you recovered yet btw?) Thanks :thumbsup:

Thanks for the understanding... I suppose when people click the report you see the full list, even after the post has been editing... :oops: I am quite embarrased....

I have not yet recovered as I expect a control panel refresh to have a Mod PM, or a complete ban...

:?
    Sorry again... I do feel as if I am a naughty school boy sitting in the corner..

Anyone who did see the list will understand how LUCKY I have been.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions
    1. Old one pound coins are they worth more then their face value1115
    2. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19047152
    3. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2485
    4. Xbox One - Buying from Other Regions *WITH* A VPN (Virtual Private Network)62483

See more discussions