House alarm

Found 29th Jan
Hi,

Our new house is rural and can potentially be accessed by naughty people quite easily via fields and a low gate.

Ive has a quote from a local alarm company for a system to be installed for £395, also looked at the Yale wireless systems for about £150 which seem to have the same functionality.

Anyine got any recommendations?

thanks

Dan
Community Updates
Ask
14 Comments
I would go for the professional installation. We paid £400 for a wireless system. It was under warranty for the first year and now we pay £10 a month maintenance. We were glad of it when it started going off in the middle of the night. Was a faulty anti tamper switch in the box outside. All sorted by them and we didn’t have to go up a ladder in the dark in the rain and wind. It’s been really good for my peace of mind as I hear every little noise in the night,
£395 is very cheap for a pro fit
mine was over £1000
Shotgun and a few ebay door / window alarms?
Only get wireless if you really can’t get a wired system (due to house build) and if you do have to get wireless then go for a grade 2 system and a 2 way wireless signal.
Wired all the way . As your rural make sure it's connected to front and rear led flood lights , nothing makes a burglar run than being lit up like a football pitch also have a key pad by front door , bedroom (for panic function) and by the back door so when you come back from walking the dog you can dry it off in the utility rather than the hall lol
Unless the alarm system is going to be directly monitored by the police or security firm with immediate responses then they are only a deterrent

I'd be investing my hard earned into good lighting and hd security cameras linked to automated recording/messaging - the type where if you are on holiday you'll get a short video when activated and then can login to live feed so that if you see someone walking up your path at 1am you can call the police from wherever you are and get potentially a faster response time than just your alarm going off.

But that's me
Don't buy a yale as mine has worn out after 2 years, im really annoyed because mines a telecommunications alarm
If it's a remote place - who's going to hear the alarm go off? Or are you getting one that alerts your phone?
I have a Yale wireless and fitted it myself. Change batteries every 12 months and have added extra sensors to cover shed and garage separate to the house.

CCTV is pretty useless as you’ll just see someone with a hood up in HD.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 30th Jan
ive got a Verisure alarm with active guard response, only downside is they charge a monthly fee. Can't fault it though, does what it says!
cmdr_elito4 h, 6 m ago

I have a Yale wireless and fitted it myself. Change batteries every 12 …I have a Yale wireless and fitted it myself. Change batteries every 12 months and have added extra sensors to cover shed and garage separate to the house.CCTV is pretty useless as you’ll just see someone with a hood up in HD.

I have one camera at eye level so I would hope to see a face
Got the yale you mentioned connects to internet so far so good.
delboye3030th Jan

ive got a Verisure alarm with active guard response, only downside is they …ive got a Verisure alarm with active guard response, only downside is they charge a monthly fee. Can't fault it though, does what it says!

How much is your monthly fee if you don't mind me asking? I believe if you have an ADT system installed with a monthly fee you are actually renting the system, so no maintenance fee means no alarm system at all. Does the same apply with the Verisure?
the monthly fee is £46 per month and that is a 3 year contract. I negotiated a discount for 1 yr at half price so u could possibly do the same. With Verisure u are not renting the system everything still works if u decide after 3 years u don't want to pay the subscription, although u would lose the guard response and active monitoring from the call centre. It is fully wireless and can be controlled from your phone etc
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Discussions

Top Merchants