Expired

House alarm reset

Found 29th Mar 2015
Anyone ever had to reset their house alarm? My mum's house alarm needs to be reset as it went off following a power cut and now will not allow any user input.

The alarm bell outside the house no longer screams but the strobe light continues to flash from the set off. I plan to call the original installer as she no longer has a maintenance contract but can I call any installer or has it got to be the original installer?
Community Updates
AskAlarm System
9 Comments
Google alarm make and try to find instructions to reset code.
Any installer will know reset proceeedure.
Usually there is a reset button... You press the code and then reset it should sort out the problem
Usually the instructions are on the drop down panel cover too.
depends on the way its been programmed, on my one you enter the code set the alarm and then unset within 30 sec or so, and that resets it. If the alarm as been triggered by a 2 sensors picking up a reading then it needs a proper reset and I need to call the alarm company - about 2 sensors reading something means that someone has been in the property.
Original Poster
found out it is accenta 6 so downloaded the user manual.
says that if the power light is out on the LED pad then it has been 'police' locked so an engineer will need to be called out.
Open the panel, disconnect the battery for a few seconds as well as turning mains power off (pull the internal fuse inside the alarm cover) plug battery back in and power back up, close the cover and you may have to use your code again followed by reset button
Original Poster
kingkoumas

Open the panel, disconnect the battery for a few seconds as well as … Open the panel, disconnect the battery for a few seconds as well as turning mains power off (pull the internal fuse inside the alarm cover) plug battery back in and power back up, close the cover and you may have to use your code again followed by reset button

i opened up the panel when i was at my mum's house but i don't recollect seeing the battery but maybe i was not looking for it. i have googled the image of the wiring for the panel box and note that there are positive and negative connection for the battery in the image so i can find these in the box.

i am concerned that when i do as you instruct the bell may go off and i do not know how to stop it if putting the alarm code will not work?
Found this, maybe it will help

switch off mains
open lid to main panel
take away one battery lead
switch mains back on
put in code
put back battery clip
close lid
press reset
Original Poster
mikey_d

Found this, maybe it will helpswitch off mainsopen lid to main paneltake … Found this, maybe it will helpswitch off mainsopen lid to main paneltake away one battery leadswitch mains back onput in codeput back battery clipclose lidpress reset

yeah. found something similar when googling. i will try it when i am at my mum's house.

there was also some advise on just turning the power supply off and wait for the alarm to go off then put in the alarm code and turn the power back without opening the alarm unit. i will try this first as when the alarm went off my mum was on holiday so she did not reset the system for weeks which is probably why it became locked.

when a power cut happened before and the reset button is selected within the same day it all works fine again.

Sorry, commenting is no longer available on this discussion.

Top Discussions