Groups

House Contract

So, moved in September. Signed a contract with private landlords, and last month they basically handed over the contract to a third party (now they want us to pay them). Is the contract between me and the private landlords broken? Am i obliged to carry on payments to the person who now has the contract?

I asked if it was ok to pay the private landlords as i have been doing, and he said no.

4 Comments

Banned

Depends on what the original lease states, if there is no mention of the ability to transfer ti to another party then you would have the right to insist on renting as per the original agreement.

But if it doesn't make much difference then I wouldn't bother doing or saying anything as it could turn into a right pain and fast!

Original Poster

I don't even know what the lease states! We only had 1 contract, and that has vanished. I'm guessing that was the master.

DarrylJohn

I don't even know what the lease states! We only had 1 contract, and that … I don't even know what the lease states! We only had 1 contract, and that has vanished. I'm guessing that was the master.

Did a ghost take it?

Original Poster

Haha. Who knows...

But yeah, it was left on the table, so either one of 4 others have it, or the private landlords at the time now have it.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Cat Chat76734
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767394
      3. U.S. bombers fly off North Korea's coast in show of force1725
      4. What's up with people creating accounts just to ask for UNiDAYS codes?55

See more discussions