Found 9th Jun 2009
So I work with a guy who earns a fair whack (like me)he's 21 moved in with a girl who already has 3 kids by another fella, he then has a baby with this girl buys her a Peugeot 307 then looks at buying himself a £4,000 Peugeot 407 from savings. They pay £75 per week rent and he has declared to the council he's living with her.

Here I am living with my girlfriend got a nice amount of savings for our wedding have 2 cars own our own house ignoring the £25,000+ negative equity, the girlfriend wants 4 kids I only want 2 because of money worries. Am I playing the game wrong or am i just too work proud of being a hard working citizen for my own good?

I bet they have a bigger house than us too

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
13 Comments

The difference from what I can see is that you want to own property - that's what's going to cost you in the end. Some people prefer to rent (and yes, rent from the council will be cheaper).

Try not to worry yourself over how others live - there's nothing wrong with what they're doing.

Everyone's situation is different,obviously it didn't work out with the 1st she went and had 3 kids with,she moved on,met another,had 1 to him and they probably have another as that what they want to do.

Lol give her what she wants,she might regret not having enough children one day.

Envy.

Awww i live in a HA house and it is so much cheaper my rent is 105 a week thats with water included. I live in a large 3 bedroom place. Have you put your name down on the housing list?

Looking back at your OP, I missed it the first time and you probably haven't thought about it yourself - you're obviously happy in your relationship, with the only thing in dispute being the amount of children to have. For most people, that would be considered bliss.

Bought houses in the last 10 years are worthless if bought at so called going rate. Conned springs to mind. Greed also from sellers, estate Agents etc.

Everything is always bigger.

Original Poster Banned

Tinkytayls;5448627

Have you put your name down on the housing list?

Was the last thing I wanted to do, I just see it as such a bad thing. When my Mum moved abroad when i was 20-21 I rented with an old mate and his mate (a complete stranger to me). I think they should just be saved for people who are at dire straits, to say someone earning as much as me can move into a housing association house is madness in my eyes when there are people on the streets completely homeless

Xb0xGuru;5448703

For most people, that would be considered bliss.

sorry what would be considered bliss? no kids I want kids though, can't wait -- I'm 26 btw

I got housing association house at moment,can't say it was easy to get and I had to move out town to get it as nothing else doing suitable.
Was private flat we renting but wasn't very good place to bring baby up in,ok some migth say why you go and have 1,well it was like this,even though we been trying for 1 it just didn't happen at 1st, We were given our notice on 1 flat,so had to move out and hurry into another which was a right dump we found out as winter kicked in. I then got pregnant,kind of planned but surprised it happened,we been trying about 16mths.
Stuck it out while there,had the baby,didn't get anywhere suitable so we moved into my parents for 6mths or so.

Doesn't matter if someone getting a good wage or not,they still eligible for social housing if they fit the requirements like over crowding,poor rented accomodation,not suitable for any reason.

A lot of people who are were on good or reasonable money have lost their homes,some own fault,some can't help it's happened,they been more secure in renting in long run.

Some people like the security of renting also.

My partner's brother and other half are paying the price now for buying when they did with no intention of staying there in long term,they been better in rented accomodation,preferable from council or housing association,despite them both working.Don't know what they going to do other than stay put.

lumoruk;5448761

sorry what would be considered bliss? no kids I want kids though, … sorry what would be considered bliss? no kids I want kids though, can't wait -- I'm 26 btw

Just having a choice of how many children to have - you're not struggling to put food on the table or pay the bills. You'll be starting a new life as a married man soon and have the whole of your life to look forward to.

All of this and you're concerned as to what life your mate has?

Banned

spongers

my hubby works with a guy that gets the same money as him, however his partner claims that she stays herself with there 2 kids to get free rent, benefit galore and all the milk tokens.
they dont pay a penny out. on the other hand i work part time to earn extra money ( to pay nursery fees mainly) and my hubby works full time, except we have a mortgage and all the usual bills most people pay for. its terriable that whilst they worry about what to do with there money, we worry about how much we have left ..

louise.123;5458539

my hubby works with a guy that gets the same money as him, however his … my hubby works with a guy that gets the same money as him, however his partner claims that she stays herself with there 2 kids to get free rent, benefit galore and all the milk tokens. they dont pay a penny out. on the other hand i work part time to earn extra money ( to pay nursery fees mainly) and my hubby works full time, except we have a mortgage and all the usual bills most people pay for. its terriable that whilst they worry about what to do with there money, we worry about how much we have left ..

This is obviously a different situation (Benefit fraud). Personally, I'd shop 'em!

I think you have alot going for yourself. You will probably appreciate the things you've got far more in the long run, and it should make you a better person for it!

Of course there could be fraud involved, but also the guy could've saved his money from before he moved in with this girl, and the guy might now be squandering his money!
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Differences between RX 480s22
    2. Unidays11
    3. I5 7600k vs i5 740022
    4. Topcashback trick or treat cashback giveaway23

See more discussions