Groups

Housing in Sheffield

I just started a new job in Sheffield and the unusual hours mean that i need somewhere to live there. It's my first graduate job so isn't too well paid and i'm worried i won't have enough to get by.

Does anyone know where i can find cheap reliable accomodation near the city centre? doesn't have to be fancy just needs a bed and a shower =) my budget is around £200-£240 PCM

23 Comments

Student accommodation for that money,and that might be pushing it....try looking around broomhill,west st area,but your budget is very very low for the city centre area

Banned

My girlfriend is a student in Sheffield. She lives near 'little somalia'. Its not good, so prob cheap.

vibeone

My girlfriend is a student in Sheffield. She lives near 'little … My girlfriend is a student in Sheffield. She lives near 'little somalia'. Its not good, so prob cheap.

Assuming bottom of London Rd area?

Banned

boothy

Assuming bottom of London Rd area?

Noo, more central. Not far from wwaitrose. Little Somalia is between waitrose roundabout, up towards university stop, on the city side of the ring road. Looks alright, but apparently it's baaaaaaaad

200-240 per week you can live in premier inn,or buy a one person tent,use shopping centre toilet(use there sink for bath),and to keep warm ask your girlfriend to move in with you

vibeone

Noo, more central. Not far from wwaitrose. Little Somalia is between … Noo, more central. Not far from wwaitrose. Little Somalia is between waitrose roundabout, up towards university stop, on the city side of the ring road. Looks alright, but apparently it's baaaaaaaad

Christ almighty that is bad it's about the equivalent of the poshest area of Leicester

Apparently a lot of Somali folk live in the flats at the back of greens gym near to wait rose,supposed to be as dangerous as Mogadishu.

Original Poster

I wish i could live in the premier inn, haha. I could go up to 280 i suppose its just with council tax and bills it doesn't leave me with much to get through the month, i hate being on JSA so i'd rather do without and work but i was hoping there was somewhere a tiny bit cheaper without living in the woods. Cheers for the advice anyway, i haven't heard of Little Somalia before

eca07mc

I wish i could live in the premier inn, haha. I could go up to 280 i … I wish i could live in the premier inn, haha. I could go up to 280 i suppose its just with council tax and bills it doesn't leave me with much to get through the month, i hate being on JSA so i'd rather do without and work but i was hoping there was somewhere a tiny bit cheaper without living in the woods. Cheers for the advice anyway, i haven't heard of Little Somalia before

Try a bit further out of town,the super tram is very reliable and quick and you might get a better quality of gaff....

Banned

boothy

Christ almighty that is bad it's about the equivalent of the poshest area … Christ almighty that is bad it's about the equivalent of the poshest area of LeicesterApparently a lot of Somali folk live in the flats at the back of greens gym near to wait rose,supposed to be as dangerous as Mogadishu.

Yeah walked back to hers from city last weekend. Being a hardo ninja like I am I was all acting like a bad guy no idea of the danger, and she decided to tell me how bad it was. Obviously at that point I used her as a human shield until I was out of hell. Not good though, I pick her up in the car now, before avoiding the IEDs and reaching the safety of waitrose.

vibeone

Yeah walked back to hers from city last weekend. Being a hardo ninja … Yeah walked back to hers from city last weekend. Being a hardo ninja like I am I was all acting like a bad guy no idea of the danger, and she decided to tell me how bad it was. Obviously at that point I used her as a human shield until I was out of hell. Not good though, I pick her up in the car now, before avoiding the IEDs and reaching the safety of waitrose.

Agreed,before moving into the sticks I used to live in West One and we occasionally got a few groups of THEM straying over the border near to us

Banned

boothy

Agreed,before moving into the sticks I used to live in West One and we … Agreed,before moving into the sticks I used to live in West One and we occasionally got a few groups of THEM straying over the border near to us

THEY need sending back to LEICESTER or BRADFORD.

Op: basically me and boothy are experts in Sheffield. He's right about the tram - it means you don't really need to live in the centre at all. Just avoid manor top/estate. They aren't full of THEM but they are full of inbred maggots.

When my mate was at uni he lived in Pitsmore as that was the cheapest area to live, this going back a few years now.

Also avoid pitsmoor and burngreave unless you are in a position to carry a large arsenal of weapons around with you during your daily business

Woodseats is worth a gander ,good mix of folk,reasonable area and good transport links

vibeone

Just avoid manor top/estate. They aren't full of THEM but they are full … Just avoid manor top/estate. They aren't full of THEM but they are full of inbred maggots.

Like vibeone and boothy

boothy

Also avoid pitsmoor and burngreave unless you are in a position to carry … Also avoid pitsmoor and burngreave unless you are in a position to carry a large arsenal of weapons around with you during your daily businessWoodseats is worth a gander ,good mix of folk,reasonable area and good transport links

So guessing it's still cheap then! Hey if you can live in the meadows, st anns and radford parts of Nottingham then anywhere seems nice! Bagdad was a lovely holiday!

Banned

peodude

Like vibeone and boothy

I don't live in Sheff mate, I'm out in the sticks, rocking out nearby

Original Poster

helpful thread is helpful

Banned

snowflake

I didn't get that impression from my bestest ex (just for you vibe) he … I didn't get that impression from my bestest ex (just for you vibe) he lives in Sheffield after moving from Gunchester lol, will ask him tomorrow when he calls, he relocates people in his job so should be able to help and advise...will be going up to see him next weekend though and then onto Manchester, I do hope we dont cross paths Vileone ;-)

Let me know when you are in mcr (_;)

Original Poster

This thread died a death but still looking for a room so if anyone knows of anything available under £300 a month inc bills please pm me or mention it on here.

Thanks

Eca

Original Poster

you mean £300 or the original one? i realise i can't get anything at all for £240

You're going to be looking at a bedsit or a house share for that money wherever you are in Sheffield. I used to live in a bedsit up at Netheredge for about £250 a month. Terrible place but luckily it was only temporary

I thought Sheffield was supposed to be cheap? Pretty sure my mate who goes to uni there said he pays £60 for a place (shared with 2 or 3 others?) and gets water/maybe other bills included

Original Poster

Cheaper for students though as they don't pay council tax

£300 is the lower end of the market but until i get more hours at work (or a better paid job) it's all i can afford. i'm happy with a house share i'm not expecting a house to myself for that budget just struggling to find anywhere in a decent area close to the centre
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …273947
      2. word association Game72944190
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions