Groups

How?

...does having the flu stop you swimming???

43 Comments

Banned

i dont know?

Banned

The chlorine in the swimming pool can react badly to the flu virus particles and cause your nose to implode backwards into your skull.

.....or, you shouldn't get into a public swimming pool if you are carrying a highly infectious virus, it's just politeness.

no if you feel up to goi then dont let the flu stop you

Original Poster

Thanks Dan, rep added

If you had flu - you wouldn't be getting outta bed let alone swimming!

why dnt you just buck up and swim and not make up fake illness

Becksdawe;3973136

yea to go to the loo is a big effort!

TOOLULA;3973184

yea to go to the loo is a big effort!

Exactly :thumbsup:

Becksdawe;3973136

so true :thumbsup: only ever had it once in my incredibly long life and never want it again!

DDTA if its you........you have a cold, sweet x

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973199

so true :thumbsup: only ever had it once in my incredibly long life and … so true :thumbsup: only ever had it once in my incredibly long life and never want it again! DDTA if its you........you have a cold, sweet x

Does that stop u swimming tho?

dontdothatagain;3973222

Does that stop u swimming tho?

well its not really fair on others to pass your germs around but people still do

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973244

well its not really fair on others to pass your germs around but people … well its not really fair on others to pass your germs around but people still do

s'pose, I have blocked nose and it looks like the beginning of a cold..so is it best I dont swim?

bitseylango;3973199

so true :thumbsup: only ever had it once in my incredibly long life and … so true :thumbsup: only ever had it once in my incredibly long life and never want it again! DDTA if its you........you have a cold, sweet x

Its something my mum always said to me. I've been lucky - so far - and not had the flu. Really bad colds and infections yup - flu no. And from what I hear - I wouldnt wish it on anyone.

Do you find - most men claim they have flu when it's only a cold???

Original Poster

Becksdawe;3973293

Its something my mum always said to me. I've been lucky - so far - and … Its something my mum always said to me. I've been lucky - so far - and not had the flu. Really bad colds and infections yup - flu no. And from what I hear - I wouldnt wish it on anyone.Do you find - most men claim they have flu when it's only a cold???

what are you insinuating :x

dontdothatagain;3973309

Nowt - why you getting defensive

Original Poster

Becksdawe;3973321

Nowt - why you getting defensive

No
    Its cos i'm a man..nearly :-D

dontdothatagain;3973266

s'pose, I have blocked nose and it looks like the beginning of a cold..so … s'pose, I have blocked nose and it looks like the beginning of a cold..so is it best I dont swim?

go swimming, its good for you, but no sneezing in the pool!
    Becksdawe;3973293

Its something my mum always said to me. I've been lucky - so far - and … Its something my mum always said to me. I've been lucky - so far - and not had the flu. Really bad colds and infections yup - flu no. And from what I hear - I wouldnt wish it on anyone.Do you find - most men claim they have flu when it's only a cold???

When I had the flu I was 8 months pregnant and honestly thought I had a brain tumour!!!! Couldnt lift my head off the pillow for days, not pleasant at all.
    Thats why a cold is commonly known as man - flu isnt it?

Banned

dontdothatagain;3973309

You won't have any dry tissues in the swimming pool to blow your nose and it will just dribble out of your nose into the water, little kids will be drinking the water as they always do and get colds and die.

bitseylango;3973344

go swimming, its good for you, but no sneezing in the pool! When I had … go swimming, its good for you, but no sneezing in the pool! When I had the flu I was 8 months pregnant and honestly thought I had a brain tumour!!!! Couldnt lift my head off the pillow for days, not pleasant at all.Thats why a cold is commonly known as man - flu isnt it?

I can only imagine - it was bad enough being 8 months pregnant and not feeling 100% but to have flu like that - you musta been superwoman!

I believe your right :thumbsup:

Original Poster

lumoruk;3973346

You won't have any dry tissues in the swimming pool to blow your nose and … You won't have any dry tissues in the swimming pool to blow your nose and it will just dribble out of your nose into the water, little kids will be drinking the water as they always do and get colds and die.

Dont think i'll go then :?

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973344

go swimming, its good for you, but no sneezing in the pool!

Kinda impossible :?

dontdothatagain;3973392

Kinda impossible :?

you tried it then? http://www.cheesebuerger.de/images/midi/muede/f060.gif

bitseylango;3973471

you tried it then?

lol

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973471

you tried it then?

maybe :oops:
    not on purpose :-D

bitseylango;3973471

you tried it then?

Now bits, that pic is just nasty :whistling:

Silentgirl!;3973523

:friends: :w00t:

Silentgirl!;3973523

well hello there.........and happy belated birthday for yesterday xxxxxxxxxx

bitseylango;3973556

well hello there.........and happy belated birthday for yesterday … well hello there.........and happy belated birthday for yesterday xxxxxxxxxx

evening mrs! ;-) thanks and thanks for the hug becks

Anytime sweetie

If you even have to ask the question you've never had flu...

Silentgirl!;3973567

evening mrs! ;-) thanks and thanks for the hug becks

soooooooo did you have a good one? :-D

Original Poster

Some people use that excuse all the time at the school, just wondered :w00t:
    So its really easy to get off of swimming if they believe that :whistling:

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973762

stop threadjacking :x

dontdothatagain;3973770

stop threadjacking :x:p

nope

Original Poster

bitseylango;3973775

nope

stop it :x

For real, if your nasal passages are affected, so are your ears and therefore your balance is compromised, nice job for the lifeguards too when you do lose balance, sink and have to be scooped up off the bottom and given you mouth to mouth resus, lovely.

bitseylango;3973762

Nope! Lol. (i havent threadjacked in such a looooong time!!!)

Silentgirl!;3973882

Nope! Lol. (i havent threadjacked in such a looooong time!!!)

awwwwww! tell aunty bitsey all about it

bitseylango;3973905

awwwwww! tell aunty bitsey all about it

Long story but the guts of it was emma refusing to come home with me from nursery to the point where my sister had to come get her and me breaking a vase my best mate gav me for my 21st! not my finest hour!

Silentgirl!;3973939

Long story but the guts of it was emma refusing to come home with me from … Long story but the guts of it was emma refusing to come home with me from nursery to the point where my sister had to come get her and me breaking a vase my best mate gav me for my 21st! not my finest hour!

hmmmmm you need a damned good night out from the sounds of it!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …273947
      2. word association Game72944190
      3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions