Unfortunately, this discussion is no longer valid
Expired

How and Where To Hide Money

Posted 3rd Nov
I have been buying and selling stuff recently and made a decent amount of money. around £500. I want to hide around £350 of it in cash but do not want to open a new bank. the reason I need to hide it is q bit childish but I appreciate any suggestions
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Plot twist..... Parents are watching this thread.
Keep it in your bank and cancel your paper statements.

Bank online and only you will know your login details and have access.
62 Comments
Anywhere you put money there is a risk someone will find it and steal it. The safest place is in a bank or premium bonds.

Thieves know all the best hiding spots for cash so will spot them a mile away.
You really can't think of anywhere to hide a roll of notes anywhere in your house? Go take something apart and stash them inside it.
Do you mean hide it from a financial institution - or an actual person (i.e. a relative?) I guess we'd all love to know why but If it's either, I would suggest a water/fireproof safe box just in case! I have one (or two) for special documents - deeds/passport/certificates etc. but certainly for cash.

The good makes usually cover the value of your belongings to a certain level and they have ratings for duration before they fail. Sentry are always a 'safe' bet - pardon the pun!

Regards, Phsy.
Also, why would you need to open a 'new' bank a/c? What's wrong with the one you probably have? If you deposit £350, it's not going to flag up any 'investigation' by the IR or anything. They won't be asking you where the money came from, if that's your concern. It'd need to be a LOT more money than that to get a blip on anyone's radar. Even so, you can explain that money away (gift/sold private item/won it from a fruit machine!) easily.
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 10:58

Anywhere you put money there is a risk someone will find it and steal it. …Anywhere you put money there is a risk someone will find it and steal it. The safest place is in a bank or premium bonds.Thieves know all the best hiding spots for cash so will spot them a mile away.

I want to have access to it. Just hiding it from my parents but dint want them to see a good amount of money in my bank
Haircut_10003/11/2019 11:06

You really can't think of anywhere to hide a roll of notes anywhere in …You really can't think of anywhere to hide a roll of notes anywhere in your house? Go take something apart and stash them inside it.

Dont want cash. Live with parents and siblings so prefer it online
Phsycronix03/11/2019 11:08

Do you mean hide it from a financial institution - or an actual person …Do you mean hide it from a financial institution - or an actual person (i.e. a relative?) I guess we'd all love to know why but If it's either, I would suggest a water/fireproof safe box just in case! I have one (or two) for special documents - deeds/passport/certificates etc. but certainly for cash.The good makes usually cover the value of your belongings to a certain level and they have ratings for duration before they fail. Sentry are always a 'safe' bet - pardon the pun!Regards, Phsy.

Thanks Phsy. Live with my parents so want to hide ig from them and cash isnt an option. I have a feeling they may be catching on so I dont want them to check statements and see
Be a G & carry it around with you
Phsycronix03/11/2019 11:14

Also, why would you need to open a 'new' bank a/c? What's wrong with the …Also, why would you need to open a 'new' bank a/c? What's wrong with the one you probably have? If you deposit £350, it's not going to flag up any 'investigation' by the IR or anything. They won't be asking you where the money came from, if that's your concern. It'd need to be a LOT more money than that to get a blip on anyone's radar. Even so, you can explain that money away (gift/sold private item/won it from a fruit machine!) easily.

It's already in my bank just want to keep it off my statements so my parents dont see my money
JumpMan198003/11/2019 11:21

Be a G & carry it around with you

Haha I lose stuff too often and dont want cash
deals6903/11/2019 11:17

I want to have access to it. Just hiding it from my parents but dint want …I want to have access to it. Just hiding it from my parents but dint want them to see a good amount of money in my bank

deals6903/11/2019 11:21

It's already in my bank just want to keep it off my statements so my …It's already in my bank just want to keep it off my statements so my parents dont see my money

Seriously, how old are you that your parents are looking at your bank statements?
Just to clear up my poor explanation, I am solely hiding it from my parents so dont want cash. And definately not from the government
How old do y have to be to use hukd
deals6903/11/2019 11:23

Haha I lose stuff too often and dont want cash

Pretend mum n dad are prison guards .. & hide it up your bum!
deals6903/11/2019 11:27

How old do y have to be to use hukd

I think it's not so much a case of how old do you have to be but more how many brain cells do you need to be able to rub together. Honestly, I'm not being funny and this is a genuine question, but are you still a child?
JumpMan198003/11/2019 11:28

Pretend mum n dad are prison guards .. & hide it up your bum!

Sure. I'll try that out
Jelly.Bean03/11/2019 11:30

Comment deleted

Hmm I do agree that £350 will get used on amazon however I'm not too keen on putting it in amazon as that's half of my money and with black friday coming up, I might need it
Haircut_10003/11/2019 11:31

I think it's not so much a case of how old do you have to be but more how …I think it's not so much a case of how old do you have to be but more how many brain cells do you need to be able to rub together. Honestly, I'm not being funny and this is a genuine question, but are you still a child?

Probably not paying rent to parents......thinks they might want rent if he has a few ££’s
Haircut_10003/11/2019 11:31

I think it's not so much a case of how old do you have to be but more how …I think it's not so much a case of how old do you have to be but more how many brain cells do you need to be able to rub together. Honestly, I'm not being funny and this is a genuine question, but are you still a child?

Not old enough to take my driving test. And they dont check my statements but I have a feeling they may soon
Half on a grocery store gift card and half of it on amazon. Amazon are pretty good for Black Friday deals.
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 11:35

Probably not paying rent to parents......thinks they might want rent if he …Probably not paying rent to parents......thinks they might want rent if he has a few ££’s

Not too old so I'm sure they're not expecting rent
Put it towards a deposit for your own place.
deals6903/11/2019 11:36

Not old enough to take my driving test. And they dont check my statements …Not old enough to take my driving test. And they dont check my statements but I have a feeling they may soon

Why do you need to hide it from them? That’s not normal unless what you’ve been selling isn’t legal.
Biddy203/11/2019 11:40

Why do you need to hide it from them? That’s not normal unless what you’ve …Why do you need to hide it from them? That’s not normal unless what you’ve been selling isn’t legal.

Nope not illegal. They usually expect me to save it which I know is beneficial but I still want to be able to spend a bit which I know they wont want
cmdr_elito03/11/2019 11:35

Probably not paying rent to parents......thinks they might want rent if he …Probably not paying rent to parents......thinks they might want rent if he has a few ££’s

But why are they looking at his bank statements though? And why can't he just do what any normal person would do and find somewhere in his room or house to stash it away inside a rolled up sock somewhere, under a piece of carpet or floorboard, etc. Why not just pay it in to a Paypal account? I just don't understand why the OP seems incapable of figuring something out for himself.
Keep it in your bank and cancel your paper statements.

Bank online and only you will know your login details and have access.
If your loft has insulation pull apart the two layers in one of the far corners and put it there
Haircut_10003/11/2019 11:42

But why are they looking at his bank statements though? And why can't he …But why are they looking at his bank statements though? And why can't he just do what any normal person would do and find somewhere in his room or house to stash it away inside a rolled up sock somewhere, under a piece of carpet or floorboard, etc. Why not just pay it in to a Paypal account? I just don't understand why the OP seems incapable of figuring something out for himself.

They are not checking my bank statements but I think they will soon. They expect me to save all my money which I know is good but I do want to spend a little. I am still a "young teen" so I dont blame them if they do check my bank
deals6903/11/2019 11:42

Nope not illegal. They usually expect me to save it which I know is …Nope not illegal. They usually expect me to save it which I know is beneficial but I still want to be able to spend a bit which I know they wont want

It’s your money. You’ve earned it.

They are correct though. You do want to save as much as possible. Having said that, if you want to spend your money, it’s probably best you admit to doing so rather than lying to them on top of doing it.

If you still want to hide it though, and your local post office/bank allows you to deposit money into your account and it goes in instantly, I’d cash out and add money to the account as and when needed. Don’t swap it for gift cards.
Pull up carpet in room corner cut a part of floor board and put it there
psychedelicrenegade03/11/2019 11:42

Keep it in your bank and cancel your paper statements.Bank online and only …Keep it in your bank and cancel your paper statements.Bank online and only you will know your login details and have access.

I've cancelled my statements a couple months ago but they may want to check my online
The rent you pay your parents will be a mere drop in the ocean compared to living in the outside world.
If you saw the real costs they pay out, you'd crap yourself.
Mortgage / rent
Food
Gas
Electric
Council tax
Water
House insurance
Clothing (yours)
Car maintenance
Even a tin of paint costs money
And the list probably goes on.
As a side tip, never ever get a credit card, you don't need one for a credit score, that's just bs that makes them 💰
Biddy203/11/2019 11:47

It’s your money. You’ve earned it. They are correct though. You do wan …It’s your money. You’ve earned it. They are correct though. You do want to save as much as possible. Having said that, if you want to spend your money, it’s probably best you admit to doing so rather than lying to them on top of doing it. If you still want to hide it though, and your local post office/bank allows you to deposit money into your account and it goes in instantly, I’d cash out and add money to the account as and when needed. Don’t swap it for gift cards.

Yup that's very true. Will probs just keep some in cash and alot in account and just transfer when I need
ashmac03/11/2019 11:48

Pull up carpet in room corner cut a part of floor board and put it there

Hehe I'd rather show them my money than do that in their house
deals6903/11/2019 11:47

They are not checking my bank statements but I think they will soon. They …They are not checking my bank statements but I think they will soon. They expect me to save all my money which I know is good but I do want to spend a little. I am still a "young teen" so I dont blame them if they do check my bank

Just go to a different bank or building society with your cash and a couple of pieces of ID and ask to set up a basic saving account. It's not rocket science.
Edited by: "Haircut_100" 3rd Nov
esar03/11/2019 11:50

The rent you pay your parents will be a mere drop in the ocean compared to …The rent you pay your parents will be a mere drop in the ocean compared to living in the outside world.If you saw the real costs they pay out, you'd crap yourself.Mortgage / rentFoodGas ElectricCouncil taxWaterHouse insuranceClothing (yours)Car maintenanceEven a tin of paint costs moneyAnd the list probably goes on.As a side tip, never ever get a credit card, you don't need one for a credit score, that's just bs that makes them 💰

Yup do agree of the high costs but I'm still a teen living with parents in college so I dont pay rent
Haircut_10003/11/2019 11:52

Just go to a different bank or building society with a your cash and a …Just go to a different bank or building society with a your cash and a couple of pieces of ID and ask to set up a basic saving account. It's not rocket science.

You do agree that's a good idea but dont wanna go through all the hassle especially cause I'm not too old
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants