how are people selling sky q boxes?

12 replies
Found 16th Jun
I noticed a lot of sky q boxes for sale locally and on eBay recently .

but I thought that all sky equipment e.g. q boxes are rented and therefore can't sell them.

I was told this by sky engineer too a few months back when my 2tb was installed .

1. Ask
  2. Sky
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Sky
12 Comments

I was told this to, I'm guessing if they don't return it they will be charged, and probably charged more than what they sell it for..?

When I ordered my Sky Q it definitely stated that the boxes remain the property of Sky and that you are in effect renting the equipment. The upside of this is that if anything goes wrong they just swap them out. As an aside, has anyone else had issues where the recording you are watching sudddenly begins to fast forward, despite the remote not being touched?

Most of the time they can't be bothered to pick them up. I've got 4 Virgin routers at home waiting to be picked up.... No point in selling them as they are tied to an account.

They almost never collect them, the engineers will ask where you got a box from when installing (if you chose to buy one from a merchant) but it doesn't lead to anything.

I think that if you keep a "Box" to the end of your contract, it's as good as yours. They don't usually ask for it back once your contract expires.
Those who are probably selling there boxes may have returned to a Sky contract and had there old box, which you can use again. I have 2 of the old "Square" Sky routers from my previous contracts. Bought the new Hub when I returned recently, but will be selling it on once this contract expires.

I dont think people realise they are owned by sky so sell them on. Sky want £100 for a extra box and £50 for install. I bought one from ebay for £50 and the install is literally fool proof and took less than 5 mins to do. I cant believe Sky charge that much for something so easy. There arent any videos on youtube on how to do it, thats how easy it is.

if I were to buy a sky Q box would I need a different subscription to use it or can I use with my normal sky contact?

According to their website: Sky Bundles - sky.com/sho…1AA

"All Sky Q kit is loaned to you at no cost and must be returned at the end of your relevant subscription"
Edited by: "bobdylan" 16th Jun

Sandman66

When I ordered my Sky Q it definitely stated that the boxes remain the … When I ordered my Sky Q it definitely stated that the boxes remain the property of Sky and that you are in effect renting the equipment. The upside of this is that if anything goes wrong they just swap them out. As an aside, has anyone else had issues where the recording you are watching sudddenly begins to fast forward, despite the remote not being touched?

its your neighbour having a laugh

HamanBasher

its your neighbour having a laugh

LOL you're probably right!!

Aww, these are just the wifi boosters and not the sky Q mini boxes

nipstyler

Most of the time they can't be bothered to pick them up. I've got 4 … Most of the time they can't be bothered to pick them up. I've got 4 Virgin routers at home waiting to be picked up.... No point in selling them as they are tied to an account.

Tell them if they don't come and collect them, you'll start charging storage fees.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition57556
    2. Free money and competition entry @ Circle67
    3. Free Soap & Glory Bath Bomb (High Score)45
    4. Win a Mama to Bee necklace from Blooming Lovely Jewellery, worth £249! @ Ne…22

See more discussions