How bad is TopCashback these days?

Found 26th Jan 2015
Over the last year, I've noticed the service from Topcashback has been incredibly poor.

Hardly anything tracks, any manual claims seem to get rejected without any reason, despite sending every possible shred of evidence to support them.

TCB never seem bothered, even the Nudge button seems to have little effect.

Also, is there any accountability as to whether TCB still get their affliciate fees, even if we don't get our Cashback?

Anyone else agree, TCB need to come on here and justify there business practices? Their Service and customer support has gone down in my estimation.

Who else feels the same?
Community Updates
  1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
38 Comments
Very true I have 3 purchases which I have had to manually claim for.

The annoying thing is how long it takes for Topcashback to sort out the problem.

I'm thinking of rejoining Quidco.
no problem with tracking on mine apart from 1 or 2 over the last year , Put a couple of manual claims in and they have been approved and paid out , had a few not pay out but i had used a discount code so was expected i guess.

It's started playing up recently, and not tracking purchases.

Their CS is very poor.
Never had an issue with them.
I gave up with them about a year ago, genuine claims never got paid, I think that they just got greedy.
thinking of going back to quidco. had 2 claims denied which would of been over £100. even tho I gave all relevant info when making claim.
Customer Service are idiots. Moved to quidco for most things now where the cashback is a similar value
topcashback never ever tracks, even car insurance comparison sites, where as never have an issue quidco so gave up on them
I've moved back to Quidco recently.
I've never had an issue, I had ~£150 in cashback in the last year and only one or two (out of 30+) required manual claiming and all of those went through fine.
Either setup a separate browser profile for cashback or clear your browser info then close and reopen before using it.
Don't forget to disable any popup/add blockers.
Yes its a little bit of a hassle (browser profile is the way to go imo), but imo worth the few seconds for the money.
The topup bonus on payouts is nice too.
Edited by: "joedastudd" 26th Jan 2015
Also moved over to quidco , few of my topcashback claims disappeared
On questioning them , they paid out to a third party .... wtf oO
Bradleigh

Also moved over to quidco , few of my topcashback claims disappearedOn … Also moved over to quidco , few of my topcashback claims disappearedOn questioning them , they paid out to a third party .... wtf oO

exactly the same in my case. Lost out on about £120. TCB said that a third party has claimed it so I couldnt get it.. Never have an issue when something tracks properly the process is always the same. Yet they cant expand on who the third party is
borito

exactly the same in my case. Lost out on about £120. TCB said that a … exactly the same in my case. Lost out on about £120. TCB said that a third party has claimed it so I couldnt get it.. Never have an issue when something tracks properly the process is always the same. Yet they cant expand on who the third party is

Mine was a similar amount
Both were for insurance
Always clear my browser etc so no idea why
They wouldnt explain so stopped using them
I've never had any issues with tcb!
if its insurance then i think you can go to the financial ombudsman as its an incentive to go with whoever , i have read it somewhere on the tcb forum but that's now closed, might be worth checking if its a large amount
Bradleigh

Mine was a similar amountBoth were for insuranceAlways clear my browser … Mine was a similar amountBoth were for insuranceAlways clear my browser etc so no idea whyThey wouldnt explain so stopped using them

Uses TCB to go through GoCompare (or other comparison site) before purchasing? The '3rd party' in these cases is almost always the affiliate commission paid to the comparison site by the retailer.
No issues at all with topcash back, just hit my £250 mark in just over a year.
Thanks for the reminder, just checked and I had £52 to withdraw.

I've had a few not track in the last year, but when I put claims in they sorted them out.
None of my recent purchases have been recorded, went through TCB and got the window that says your purchase has been recorded but nothing!
Banned
I recently got paid out on a phones 4u contract cashback, after they went under, so tcb didn't get paid for the transaction. From what i understand quidco didn't payout on them.
For some reason just been (today) paid for a Virgin Mobile order, even though I didn't actually order anything, just put something in the basket, but went no further, so thanks for that free £29.92
TCB paid out when that affiliate network went under a couple of years back. Quidco didn't pay a penny.

Had a couple of claims not track with TCB, but all sorted manually fairly quickly.

When they say its been paid to a third party, it means its been paid to another affiliate, so you are likely to have clicked on an ad somewhere else first, and not cleared the cookies properly. I use IE for anything through TCB, as its so rubbish it gets used for nothing else, clear cookies before starting and never had a problem that hasn't been resolved yet.

Taking the above into account, I'll stick with TCB.

Regarding them coming on here to justify themselves, like thats going to happen when the owner of this site still has an interest in Quidco.

Edited by: "davey369" 26th Jan 2015
still fine on mine. been with them several years and ask 5 of us have accounts without any problem tracking.
Banned
my talk talk £60, was tracked for 2 months then I signed out of my account then after a day it was declined!
so cheesed off but last time talk talk rejected my cash back on tcb.
I think they want to keep your money
TOPCASBACK always says the retailer is holding your money which is not true if Topcashback wont pay go straight to the retailer the send a nudge is a total con they are holding thousands of pounds of customers money
Stop moaning, Topcashback is free.
Original Poster
mugen6

Stop moaning, Topcashback is free.

Following me around from thread to thread like a lost puppy only makes you look a bigger mug than was previously highlighted
Sharpharp

Following me around from thread to thread like a lost puppy only makes … Following me around from thread to thread like a lost puppy only makes you look a bigger mug than was previously highlighted

Well you moan so often and I thought the idea was to tell people to stop moaning, right?
Original Poster
mugen6

Well you moan so often and I thought the idea was to tell people to stop … Well you moan so often and I thought the idea was to tell people to stop moaning, right?

lol, says mug by name, mug by.....
Sharpharp

lol, says mug by name, mug by.....

It's Japanese brah. Making your name somewhat ironic.
Original Poster
mugen6

It's Japanese brah. Making your name somewhat ironic.

Going by your childish comments, the majority of people will see the "English" meaning of your name
Sharpharp

Going by your childish comments, the majority of people will see the … Going by your childish comments, the majority of people will see the "English" meaning of your name

Majority of which people? Nobody cares what I write on the internet, except you it seems. Stop moaning about my comments and get over it.
Original Poster
mugen6

Majority of which people? Nobody cares what I write on the internet, … Majority of which people? Nobody cares what I write on the internet, except you it seems. Stop moaning about my comments and get over it.

http://sd.keepcalm-o-matic.co.uk/i/keep-calm-and-don-t-spit-out-the-dummy.png
Sharpharp

Only one dummy in here.

And he's mad because I called him out as a prolific moaner. Don't worry mate, nobody is going to read these comments so just have a cup of tea and relax.
Original Poster
mugen6

Only one dummy in here.And he's mad because I called him out as a … Only one dummy in here.And he's mad because I called him out as a prolific moaner. Don't worry mate, nobody is going to read these comments so just have a cup of tea and relax.

There's a difference between moaning and educating the masses, you should listen you might learn something.
Would be nice if you could have this argument in a thread that wasn't about how good a website was 2 years ago...
Sharpharp

There's a difference between moaning and educating the masses, you should … There's a difference between moaning and educating the masses, you should listen you might learn something.

How I picture dullharp right now:

http://i.imgur.com/aYIJzXQ.gif
Original Poster
mugen6

How I picture dullharp right now:

OMG, you dreaming about me already? Dayam, you still upset from me putting you down over what seems weeks ago? Seems the picture in reality reflects your state of mind
OK I'm bored now. Enjoy your time moaning on HUKD and timewasting Gumtree sellers.
Original Poster
mugen6

OK I'm bored now. Enjoy your time moaning on HUKD and timewasting … OK I'm bored now. Enjoy your time moaning on HUKD and timewasting Gumtree sellers.

Hey listen, relax yeah, no offence, everyone has an opinion and sometimes you just have to agree to disagree.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions