How bad/addicted are you at taking advantage of deals + scenarios?

29 replies
Found 21st Sep 2009
I know we're all deal hunters, which is why this site has brought us all together but how addicted are you to deals?

Here's some scenarios but feel free to make up your own:

1) What would you do if you saw an item you prefer and saw another item that's on special offer that's not necessarily better but is normally much more expensive at the same price?

2) Would you try something out for the first time ONLY if it's on special offer?

3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you have no interest in the product? lol

4) Do you remember your best bargains for years?

5) What's the most pointless thing you've bought/received free because it was too good of an offer to turn down? lol

Feel free to add more, give examples of your experiences and the best posts receive rep

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
29 Comments

Bad. I have no money and will buy if it's a bargain. Damned overdrafts!

Best bargain was my NB100 netbook for £110 (as I bought two and my Dad gave me £150 for his!) from Tesco.

Far too much too read in the OP description.....

started reading title... "How bad/addicted are you at taking advantage of ...."....and flopped after that....

well gutted :-(

nikkib123;6351840

3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you … 3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you have no interest in the product? lolThat one does my head in! In the freebies section people sending off for the most random things, pile cream, plasters, plastic books for the bath???

to be fair its free

i even registered for a yazoo milkshake bottle cooler, i dont even like milkshake!!, but hey, it was free:thumbsup:;-)

Original Poster

nikkib123;6351840

3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you … 3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you have no interest in the product? lolThat one does my head in! In the freebies section people sending off for the most random things, pile cream, plasters, plastic books for the bath???

lol, I've seen a lot of that. lol

I also remember my brother was in a rush to return to the car park, before he would automatically be charged an extra couple quid for reaching the next tier of parking limit.....and while he was rushing...I stopped to try out some free samples of nuts. :oops:

I was starving! lol

[email protected];6351850

Best bargain was my NB100 netbook for £110 (as I bought two and my Dad … Best bargain was my NB100 netbook for £110 (as I bought two and my Dad gave me £150 for his!) from Tesco.

Well done for conning your Dad. :giggle:

StevenA2000_uk;6351861

Far too much too read in the OP description.....started reading title... … Far too much too read in the OP description.....started reading title... "How bad/addicted are you at taking advantage of ...."....and flopped after that....well gutted :-(

Not everything has to be about girls, you know? lol

if its free ill apply you might moan at free pile cream etc but youve always got some if you need it

Original Poster

jamespir;6351916

if its free ill apply you might moan at free pile cream etc but youve … if its free ill apply you might moan at free pile cream etc but youve always got some if you need it

Do you get piles often then?:p

nikkib123;6351900

Thats what I'm talking about!! :roll:

i know ah well - didnt cost me anything :-D:p

Original Poster

Just added a number 5 to the list in the OP.

Thanks for the idea Nikki lol

1) What would you do if you saw an item you prefer and saw another item that's on special offer that's not necessarily better but is normally much more expensive at the same price?
[COLOR="Navy"]Go for the one on offer - it usually costs more![/COLOR]
2) Would you try something out for the first time ONLY if it's on special offer?
[COLOR="Navy"]Of course![/COLOR]
3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you have no interest in the product? lol
[COLOR="Navy"]I'm a man sitting with a lipstick lying on his desk[/COLOR]
[COLOR="Navy"]No! Theres too many![/COLOR]
5) What's the most pointless thing you've bought/received free because it was too good of an offer to turn down? lol
[COLOR="Navy"]A massive collection of CDs, DVDs and PS3 games that are very infrequently played![/COLOR]

i bought 5 copies of the underworld trilogy on blu ray for around £14.50 just to immediately sell them on ebay where they are selling for around £20-21 buy it now...
feel quite bad spending £75 with no guarantee i'll get any back on that!

realfriendlyman;6351890

Well done for conning your Dad. :giggle:

Not a con - he called it a 'finding fee' Bargain at £150 - love mine!

[email protected];6352111

Not a con - he called it a 'finding fee' Bargain at £150 - love mine!

Yeah, wow finding that in tesco, you're like a real life lara croft.

Original Poster

nikkib123;6351994

Funny :-D

Do you think he used the lipstick or is he just keeping it there to remind him of his symbolic trophy for bargains?

not rlly addicted to deals lol, see lots i like but dont buy any lol, no moneys :lol: only bought 1 thing i saw on here :lol:

Original Poster

nikkib123;6352486

The latter

Damn, that's disappointing. :lol:

micoo;6352490

not rlly addicted to deals lol, see lots i like but dont buy any lol, no … not rlly addicted to deals lol, see lots i like but dont buy any lol, no moneys :lol: only bought 1 thing i saw on here :lol:

So you've made over 6000 posts on a forum about deals after only purchasing one item...what kinda dedication would we of received if you bought 2?

What was the item if you don't mind me asking...was it something to help you take pics?

realfriendlyman;6352537

Damn, that's disappointing. So you've made over 6000 posts on a forum … Damn, that's disappointing. So you've made over 6000 posts on a forum about deals after only purchasing one item...what kinda dedication would we of received if you bought 2? :pWhat was the item if you don't mind me asking...was it something to help you take pics?

:lol::lol:

was my laptop :lol: so quite an expensive purchase lol

funily enough its the webcam on the laptop i use for the pics :lol:

Original Poster

micoo;6352547

:lol::lol:was my laptop :lol: so quite an expensive purchase lol funily … :lol::lol:was my laptop :lol: so quite an expensive purchase lol funily enough its the webcam on the laptop i use for the pics :lol:

So that's why all your pics are taken at the computer....I thought that was because you were taking pics for HUKD members. :giggle:

realfriendlyman;6351890

lol, I've seen a lot of that. lolI also remember my brother was in a rush … lol, I've seen a lot of that. lolI also remember my brother was in a rush to return to the car park, before he would automatically be charged an extra couple quid for reaching the next tier of parking limit.....and while he was rushing...I stopped to try out some free samples of nuts. :oops:I was starving! lol

:lol:

micoo;6352490

not rlly addicted to deals lol, see lots i like but dont buy any lol, no … not rlly addicted to deals lol, see lots i like but dont buy any lol, no moneys :lol: only bought 1 thing i saw on here :lol:

You know you're misusing the site. I see a ban coming towards you :lol:

Original Poster

Marina;6352695

:lol: You know you're misusing the site. I see a ban coming towards you … :lol: You know you're misusing the site. I see a ban coming towards you :lol:

He obviously will now that you've brought it to the mods attention. :lol:

Original Poster

My shopping came yesterday....nearly everything I ordered was on offer? :oops:

Does that make me a bad person? lol

realfriendlyman;6370150

My shopping came yesterday....nearly everything I ordered was on offer? … My shopping came yesterday....nearly everything I ordered was on offer? :oops:Does that make me a bad person? lol

Yes :thumbsup: Shops need some revenue to be up and running you know.

:-D

Original Poster

Marina;6370185

Yes :thumbsup: Shops need some revenue to be up and running you know.:-D

Oh.....now I feel even more guilty using the £10 voucher they sent me moments before I put the order through. :w00t:

when i first joined i was terrible i bought so much! mainly off the FS forum, but also the deals section...even on stuff i didnt really need. also bought stuff to trade in at profit etc.
My best buy is this little dell mini 9 for £99 :thumbsup:
Had a few other good ones such as PS3 Buzz for £14.99, Morgan Shoes under £10, etc.

Banned

realfriendlyman;6356037

1) What would you do if you saw an item you prefer and saw another item … 1) What would you do if you saw an item you prefer and saw another item that's on special offer that's not necessarily better but is normally much more expensive at the same price?

Buy the item that was on special offer

realfriendlyman;6356037

2) Would you try something out for the first time ONLY if it's on special … 2) Would you try something out for the first time ONLY if it's on special offer?

No, tried all sorts of weird **** but it does tempt me more if it was on special offer

realfriendlyman;6356037

3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you … 3) Would you try out a free sample, just because it's free, even if you have no interest in the product? lol

no

realfriendlyman;6356037

yes, my Friedland £65 alarm system that is worth over £365 sticks in my mind

realfriendlyman;6356037

5) What's the most pointless thing you've bought/received free because it … 5) What's the most pointless thing you've bought/received free because it was too good of an offer to turn down? lol

10 blinds folds for £4 anyone want one?

1) Get the one I preferred

2) Usually a special offer would persuade me to try something new, but if its something that looks particularly good I would purchase without it being on offer

3) Yup, definitely. Its free, what have you got to lose?

4) Definitely, one of the best has to be the camera I got that was mispriced - £150 camera mispriced to £13.49, got quidco on it and used 5% discount voucher as well!

5) Dont normally spend money to get stuff just for the sake of getting a bargain (if you have no use for it, then its not a bargain!) but have sent off for plenty of free stuff that was a waste of time! Not as bad as I used to be though, when I first discovered the site I would send off for anything if it said free, like perfume samples on a piece of card and shampoo samples which were never used!

Original Poster

kelly_o_fanatic;6371035

1) 4) Definitely, one of the best has to be the camera I got that was … 1) 4) Definitely, one of the best has to be the camera I got that was mispriced - £150 camera mispriced to £13.49, got quidco on it and used 5% discount voucher as well!

You take the absolute P....that's probably the best deal I've seen so far. :giggle:

kelly_o_fanatic;6371035

5) Dont normally spend money to get stuff just for the sake of getting a … 5) Dont normally spend money to get stuff just for the sake of getting a bargain (if you have no use for it, then its not a bargain!) but have sent off for plenty of free stuff that was a waste of time! Not as bad as I used to be though, when I first discovered the site I would send off for anything if it said free, like perfume samples on a piece of card and shampoo samples which were never used!

Are you saying you've never used shampoo before....you must be quite stinky. :lol:

Original Poster

dcx_badass;6371420

I have boxes full of stuff I've bought and never used in my Garage. I … I have boxes full of stuff I've bought and never used in my Garage. I have 4 sets of Altec Lansing IM-11 iPod speaker docks in my garage, I bought 5 for some reason, and have only used 1.

Don't remind me....I used to buy loads of Gamecube games to add to my collection....and there was quite a few where I hadn't even opened the packaging and several hadn't been played for literally more than 5 mins. lol

I think I'm too much of a big kid at times but this was at least 5 years ago.

realfriendlyman;6371093

You take the absolute P....that's probably the best deal I've seen so … You take the absolute P....that's probably the best deal I've seen so far. :giggle:Are you saying you've never used shampoo before....you must be quite stinky. :lol:

I have to say, I am very pleased with my camera deal. Will always be my favourite deal because I needed a camera at the time too! Had loads of others but would take a lot to beat that (and lots of people usually get the others, whereas 3 of us got that one, all other orders were cancelled!)

Lol, not those little sachet things, not the right type for my hair type and a pain to try and rip open and squeeze out the tiniest amount of shampoo - life is too short!

Worst thing I have seen is people sending off for diabetic blood glucose monitors, even though they werent diabetic. Taking them from people who could really benefit from them, and why would you want one anyway? I am sure plenty of diabetics would be glad to be rid of them! I bet half of them ended up on ebay, and the other half are still in a box at the back of the cupboard
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. I want to talk about the WEATHER no politics no religion19247551
    2. What's you favourite 60s 70s 80s song ?983225
    3. Sony announce £35,000 PlayStation Pro bundle...1115
    4. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7769183

See more discussions