Unfortunately this deal is no longer valid
Expired

How can airline and airport help with someone who has autism

Posted 21st Apr
Hi travelling abroad with a family member (child) who has autism. The whole journey including the long check in/security to the actual flight will be very daunting for him. Had anyone asked for any extra provisions from the airport and airline? What can they actually provide?
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

13 Comments
I hope this link helps, it contains a report on travelling with autism but if you read through, their are links for what various airports in the UK can do to help.

google.co.uk/amp…mp/
Thanks ktm, I’ve googled too but was wondering if anyone can give me a little more advice on what they can offer
Lilly_White6 m ago

Thanks ktm, I’ve googled too but was wondering if anyone can give me a l …Thanks ktm, I’ve googled too but was wondering if anyone can give me a little more advice on what they can offer

This is a deals site, so your question would probably be better answered on mumsnet or some other similar forum. I’d suggest you post something on one of those sites where members will likely have more experience of travelling with autistic children/adults if you want a good accurate answer.

I’d also be less worried about the uk airports and more worried about the foreign airports who generally have less tolerance.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 21st Apr
Thanks cmdr, people do post questions other then deals, was just looking for first hand advice really. If anyone has travelled with a young child with autism any advice would be appreciated
Lilly_White11 m ago

Thanks cmdr, people do post questions other then deals, was just looking …Thanks cmdr, people do post questions other then deals, was just looking for first hand advice really. If anyone has travelled with a young child with autism any advice would be appreciated

you can get a laynard and there will help you,
Lilly_White21/04/2019 07:50

Thanks cmdr, people do post questions other then deals, was just looking …Thanks cmdr, people do post questions other then deals, was just looking for first hand advice really. If anyone has travelled with a young child with autism any advice would be appreciated

Fully appreciate that but there are much more knowledgeable people on those sites and whole sections devoted to children with different conditions and travel would be part of that too, but as you say you are free to ask, just thought you wanted a quick and accurate answer.
cmdr_elito1 h, 30 m ago

Fully appreciate that but there are much more knowledgeable people on …Fully appreciate that but there are much more knowledgeable people on those sites and whole sections devoted to children with different conditions and travel would be part of that too, but as you say you are free to ask, just thought you wanted a quick and accurate answer.

Thank you I have looked on there and yes it is good and informative, answered some of my queries. I shall leave this open as well, just incase anyone can offer some extra information
mysmugcat33 m ago

autism.org.uk/about/family-life/holidays-trips/preparation.aspxCheck out …autism.org.uk/about/family-life/holidays-trips/preparation.aspxCheck out the National Autistic Society suggestions. I ve tried to put up a link. You can also scroll down to the Airplane section. I hope your trip will go well.

Fantastic thank you
I shouldn't laugh, however my son has High Functioning Autism, and decided to scream on the plane when they stopped playing Angelina Ballerina on a long flight. After several minutes suddenly it reappeared playing backwards rather fast back to the start. I'm not sure who was more pleased him or us as parents.
What I will say is always take their diagnosis with them, as this makes life easier all round.
Try in this megathread also. Contains links to all the UK airports.

hotukdeals.com/dea…970
Poundland sell fidget spinners, I have heard that they can help on planes.
Friend of ours has a daughter with autism - they get moved to the front of queues for pretty much everything - including boarding planes. They have a badge that they show and most places seem to be well aware of how to help. You're best to call the airport and the airline and ask what they can do to help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions