Groups
    EXPIRED

How can an inactive member win Flamedeer hunt?

Hi, I was very active with this flamedeer hunt and just now noticed that the winner list is produced.

From the winner list, there is a user with ID jaicov who has won PSVR. However if you see his/her profile he/she was last active 1 month 11 hours ago. We didnt have flamedeer contest active then!

Why do I get a feeling that this is all pre-planned? Any thoughts? Mods?

Link to winner list: hotukdeals.com/fla…eer
    Link to jaicov profile: hotukdeals.com/tag/pro…cov

Regards
    Jignesh

35 Comments

I may be wrong, but the active list goes off of the times you post a deal or comment, so if you don't comment, or post a deal that time adds up. Last night I was still logged on looking at deals, but my last active time continued to accrue.
    Edited by: "Infinitesd" 16th Dec 2016

I think activity is based on posting, voting, etc, it doesn't count when a user is just online.

Ooooooh interesting....

It's like this evey year, you will never see a username in he winners list you recognise.

I opted out of the "competition"
    Edited by: "pinkleponkle" 16th Dec 2016

I wouldn't be surprised at all..
    imagine how many more active users Flamedeer generated that might have also gone on to buy something through ppc

As above. Its when you post a deal or make a comment. Nothing to see here.

bigfoot100

I think activity is based on posting, voting, etc, it doesn't count when … I think activity is based on posting, voting, etc, it doesn't count when a user is just online.

That's definitely true. I'm online now obvs but last active 2 days ago!!

jj584143

That's definitely true. I'm online now obvs but last active 2 days ago!!

hey presto as I've just posted last active now. simples it all makes sense.

Not only that but as a member that has posted deals etc.. surely would jump straight on the flamedeer thread and would thank the site for such a great prize...

Original Poster

JohnnyRoller

Not only that but as a member that has posted deals etc.. surely would … Not only that but as a member that has posted deals etc.. surely would jump straight on the flamedeer thread and would thank the site for such a great prize...

I would do at least!

Original Poster

I also recon that catching a flamedeer does not count towards activity then?

Original Poster

bigfoot100

I think activity is based on posting, voting, etc, it doesn't count when … I think activity is based on posting, voting, etc, it doesn't count when a user is just online.

Online or just catching the flamedeer!

hijigu

I would do at least!

There should be criteria for winning the prizes. What sort of member does not even say thank you when winning a prize worth £300+...

You lost, just pick yourself up and move on!

pinkleponkle

It's like this evey year, you will never see a username in he winners … It's like this evey year, you will never see a username in he winners list you recognise.I opted out of the "competition"

I won a £2.00 voucher X)

JohnnyRoller

There should be criteria for winning the prizes. What sort of member does … There should be criteria for winning the prizes. What sort of member does not even say thank you when winning a prize worth £300+...

maybe they are waiting until they receive the prize before they post thanks (even though they don't have to at all)

deb8z

I won a £2.00 voucher X)

I knew a name I recognised would prove me wrong, hey big spender. The big prizes always go to no marks.

They are speechless with gratitude . Can we put the flamedeer out to pasture till next year ?

pinkleponkle

I knew a name I recognised would prove me wrong, hey big spender. The … I knew a name I recognised would prove me wrong, hey big spender. The big prizes always go to no marks.

I recognise this person who won a Selfridges hamper zermattbusby,think that's about it on the main prizes.

aau1

maybe they are waiting until they receive the prize before they post … maybe they are waiting until they receive the prize before they post thanks (even though they don't have to at all)

Of course they dont have to... However if I gave someone a PSVR and they didn't say "thanks" I'd take it straight back. Manners don't cost anything.

JohnnyRoller

Of course they dont have to... However if I gave someone a PSVR and they … Of course they dont have to... However if I gave someone a PSVR and they didn't say "thanks" I'd take it straight back. Manners don't cost anything.

​give me something and then try taking it back

cba with this tbh ....

deb8z

I won a £2.00 voucher X)

Deb his is not the boasting thread get out! X)

PS I can stay as I won jack all as usual.

Though I do have a HUKD VIP bottle opener so every time I open a beer I'm reminded how special I am.

On that note I best leave! X)

GAVINLEWISHUKD

Deb his is not the boasting thread get out! X)PS I can stay as I won jack … Deb his is not the boasting thread get out! X)PS I can stay as I won jack all as usual.Though I do have a HUKD VIP bottle opener so every time I open a beer I'm reminded how special I am. :)On that note I best leave! X)

In 10 years of being here, that's all I have to show. All the competitions here are **** (in my opinion). In fact mine ain't even a VIP one.
    Edited by: "Paddy_o_furniture" 16th Dec 2016

Stop moaning you two,the moaning thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>> X)

You know I'm not one to brag but that's the second time I've won a voucher

deb8z

Stop moaning you two,the moaning thread is that way X)You know I'm not … Stop moaning you two,the moaning thread is that way >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>X)You know I'm not one to brag but that's the second time I've won a voucher

I'd rather have my exclusive keyring/bottle opener than an argos voucher.

http://i.imgur.com/5nH9x.jpg

How this ever won a prize, is still beyond me.

Paddy_o_furniture

I'd rather have my exclusive keyring/bottle opener than an argos voucher.

I don't drink,a bottle opener is no use to me

I remember that pic !!!!! X)

deb8z

I don't drink,a bottle opener is no use to me :DI remember that pic !!!!! … I don't drink,a bottle opener is no use to me :DI remember that pic !!!!! X)

I think everyone remembers that pic. HUKD nearly rioted. What you gonna buy in argos for £2? I'd personally buy 40 plastic bags.

I'm glad an inactive member won as maybe this would discourage all the silly deals that get posted with anything to do with reindeer but re-worded flamedear in a hope this will influence their chances of winning.

JohnnyRoller

Of course they dont have to... However if I gave someone a PSVR and they … Of course they dont have to... However if I gave someone a PSVR and they didn't say "thanks" I'd take it straight back. Manners don't cost anything.

Has the PSVR been handed over yet?

Do you have visibility of the private communication between the user and the mods?

Paddy_o_furniture

I think everyone remembers that pic. HUKD nearly rioted. What you gonna … I think everyone remembers that pic. HUKD nearly rioted. What you gonna buy in argos for £2? I'd personally buy 40 plastic bags.

Whose pic was it,I can't remember

I don't even have the voucher yet X)

Congratulations, You won a £2 Argos gift voucher!

Unfortunately the codes we were given by our supplier don't seem to be correct. We are currently investigating this issue and will send you your code as soon as possible.

We're really sorry for this delay,
    Team HUKD

Original Poster

Just reading all the replies and laughing my *** off Thank you everyone for cheerful time at HUKD.

Still waiting for my instant win on the £2 Argos card which they said was a issue with giving them people

i won a £2 argos card i didnt get lol
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. The HUKD Student Discount code sharing thread (most codes on Unidays are si…7141346
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767286
      3. New TV,Film & Ebook Releases 2407240
      4. Meerkat Movies (2 for 1 Cinema Codes) | Official Trading Thread424314491

See more discussions