How can Ebay sellers make money when they sell items for 1p

Found 14th Jun 2010
There are alot of HK/China sellers and loads of there items go for peanuts, many go for 1p

Surely postage will be quite alot to the UK ?

How can they be making any money ?

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
11 Comments

those items are not about making money.

they charge a lot for postage...

Original Poster

deathtrap3000;8834226

those items are not about making money.

Oh ?

rchan;8834232

they charge a lot for postage...

Nope they are free delivery

deanos;8834271

Oh ?

they want the feedback

they use your email for spam

a combination of things really

They will clearly make a loss on those items so there's definitely something in it for them. I suspect for the most part, it's about building up lots of feedback very quickly. A more unscrupulous seller might do this so they can get away with selling bad quality items which they will receive bad feedback for (but it won't make much of an impact because of the large amount of positives they receive).

I have also heard people speculate that it's so they can gather a large number of email addresses and use them for spam (as mentioned above) and also to try and hack into.

any of the above or loss leaders to get you interested in their other offerings

Banned

It's all aboutt he spam/fb/farming for dets.

also iveseen many UK I.D that have 100+ postive feedback over the year then at xmas they will scam on stuff like iphones etc but if they can hit 50+ ppl for £300 before the negs n complaints roll in they made a killing. So sometimes its about playing the long game.

Why i avoid ebay like the plague unless im desperate

Banned

its also about the discounts/benefits for powersellers.......keeping their transactions within the required criteria
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Is loveeur legit? Fantastic prices for scooters33
    2. Outdoor laser projector22
    3. 12v car heater recommendations please22
    4. Forza 7 ps433

See more discussions