Groups

How can i block zango?

basically someone in my household keeps installing zango and its kind of annoying me because no one uses it i think my sister visits some websites which require it to be installed.

Is there any way of blocking this site. I have internet explorer and firefox.

8 Comments

what firewall do you use?
    i think you can add the site into zonealarm...and probably others

oh if you use vista, the parental controls can be set to block certain sites too, and also if you have a seperate acc for guests like the actual guest acc it wil not let them install anything.

do you have a router?
    if so and you know the address of the sites then you can go into the firewall rules part of the router configuration and block the sites

Zango is a pop/malware program, whatever you want to call it. Its usually installed when you visit certain download sites. If its done a proper install then you can use the Add/Remove programs to uninstall it, or a Malware Removal Program to remove all traces of it. If its an IE-Add-On then you usually disable to remove the add-on from the IE menu options bar.

Most AV programs with Malware Detection should detect it and be able to remove it no probs tho.

Cheers.

Original Poster

I use the free AVG im gona do the firewall thing if it gets installed again.

Is it harmful?

wolf359;3147903

do you have a router?if so and you know the address of the sites then you … do you have a router?if so and you know the address of the sites then you can go into the firewall rules part of the router configuration and block the sites

just about to say that,

usually the default IP is either:
    ect

Go to Internet Options on the menu bar, then privacy tab .. type site to block.

Original Poster

Thanks all repped

use ]spybotS&D and immunise the system. it will prevent it from re-infection
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. cheapest way to Get from BRIDLINGTON TO ACCRINGTON ??22
      2. Laptop screen backlight issue23
      3. Input Lag v Refresh rate on a TV..510
      4. Three connection89

See more discussions