Groups

How can i connect my laptop to my TV

Hi friend just bought a 42" tele and i want to connect my 3 laptops with it but unfortunatly non of them have a HDMI port.. so can u please suggest me what do or any other ways.

like VGA to VGA? how good it is?

VGA to HDMI? is it better or faster than VGA to VGA?

it would be kind if you can point out some online deals..even dont mind ebay..

Regards

14 Comments

VGA to VGA since the source is VGA it wouldnt matter if your tv input is HDMI it wouldnt be as good as HDMI to HDMI.

erm well I connected my PC to my 32" TV through a DVI-HDMI cable as I run the computer monitor through a VGA-VGA. I got the cable from Amazon but a few HUKD members have recomended ]http//ww…com for cables.

Depends on what ports you have on your laptops. If you have a DVI port then I'd just use that really...

have a look at this guide though ]http//ww…tml

Original Poster

ryouga;7423605

VGA to VGA since the source is VGA it wouldnt matter if your tv input is … VGA to VGA since the source is VGA it wouldnt matter if your tv input is HDMI it wouldnt be as good as HDMI to HDMI.

Cheers for that :thumbsup:

beamo;7423647

erm well I connected my PC to my 32" TV through a DVI-HDMI cable as I run … erm well I connected my PC to my 32" TV through a DVI-HDMI cable as I run the computer monitor through a VGA-VGA. I got the cable from Amazon but a few HUKD members have recomended ]http://www.thatcable.com for cables.Depends on what ports you have on your laptops. If you have a DVI port then I'd just use that really... have a look at this guide though ]http://www.thatcable.com/acatalog/Connect_your_Computer_Laptop_PC_to_your_TV_or_HDTV.html

thanks that was very helpful info..

my computer has a VGA port only ..:?

Yup VGA to VGA will be fine. I was v chuffed when I first plugged my laptop into the big tv haha! Just a reminder to get an audio jack cable too or u will be v disappointed Got my cables from Amazon.co.uk and they are World of Data if you a search for them and they work perfectly.

Does your laptop have s-video port, I found s-video was much better then vga

Original Poster

Guyver;7423780

Does your laptop have s-video port, I found s-video was much better then … Does your laptop have s-video port, I found s-video was much better then vga

No wish i had one

Kramer07;7423768

Just a reminder to get an audio jack cable too or u will be v disappointed

That was another thing I wanted to know about really. What cable would you need to get the sound from the PC to the TV when using DVI-HDMI?

beamo;7423907

That was another thing I wanted to know really about what cable would you … That was another thing I wanted to know really about what cable would you need to get the sound from the PC to the TV?

Its a 3.5mm jack at both ends of cable. One end into the headphones sockets on laptop to the audio output on the back of the tv. Could use the headphones socket on tv instead.
    Looks like this
    amazon.co.uk/Ham…1-6

I see you have edited your question. Still the 3.5mm audio jack as VGA only carries video and not the audio.

humadoon;7423814

No wish i had one

Its personal preference but VGA is the best technological speaking for analog, its not as good as HDMI but thats digital, VGA is the "true" format of analog i.e its purest form whereas S video is a cut down nowhere near as good picture.

Vga to Vga is perfect for your needs ,You just need a 3.5mm audio to composite cable for sound,VGA to HDMI probably wouldnt work anyway,

Original Poster

Kramer07;7423990

Its a 3.5mm jack at both ends of cable. One end into the headphones … Its a 3.5mm jack at both ends of cable. One end into the headphones sockets on laptop to the audio output on the back of the tv. Could use the headphones socket on tv instead.Looks like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Connection-Cable-3-5mm-Jack/dp/B0009V8W7I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1262627977&sr=1-6I see you have edited your question. Still the 3.5mm audio jack as VGA only carries video and not the audio.

OMG its such a pain to get this thing sorted.. okay okay i am novice on it .. can someone point me to right direction and help me get proper cable plz

humadoon;7424117

OMG its such a pain to get this thing sorted.. okay okay i am novice … OMG its such a pain to get this thing sorted.. okay okay i am novice on it .. can someone point me to right direction and help me get proper cable plz

It is the correct audio cable. You have to buy 1 vga to vga cable this will transfer the video from laptop to the tv. AND a 3.5mm cable which transfers the audio. There isn't a cable that has it 'all in one' so to speak.

I have amazon.co.uk/exe…B6/
    and amazon.co.uk/exe…TI/

Kramer07;7423990

Its a 3.5mm jack at both ends of cable. One end into the headphones … Its a 3.5mm jack at both ends of cable. One end into the headphones sockets on laptop to the audio output on the back of the tv. Could use the headphones socket on tv instead.Looks like this http://www.amazon.co.uk/Hama-Connection-Cable-3-5mm-Jack/dp/B0009V8W7I/ref=sr_1_6?ie=UTF8&s=electronics&qid=1262627977&sr=1-6I see you have edited your question. Still the 3.5mm audio jack as VGA only carries video and not the audio.

surely that should say" audio input at the back of the tv" :? and dont think it would work from the headphone socket on the tv as that doesnt accept sound in
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767529
      2. miikeyblue and shabbird's (but mostly shabbird's) Tuesday night pub quiz!563843
      3. One thing you've forgotten2125
      4. SNES Classic launches 29th September 2017 - Check for stock and pre-order i…4691437

See more discussions