How can I find my email passwords in Windows 10?

Found 2nd Apr
Hi all. I'm using Windows 10 and using the windows program for email. I'm wanting to reinstall Windows but I'm not sure on the passwords for my various email accounts (all gmail).

At the moment I have access to my three accounts but unsure of the passwords.

Is there a way I can extract the passwords? TIA
Community Updates
Ask
13 Comments
Reset them via each account since you have login for each
gibblesuk5 m ago

Ok. I'll look into that. Any idea on where to fing the setting to reset?
Account settings. Therein you can setup a Recovery email and/or mobile number so you always have a method of gaining access too.
Edited by: "gibblesuk" 2nd Apr
gibblesuk16 m ago

What He said /\, nothing to do with win10, its account specific from your email provider(s).
I usually let Chrome save the passwords including gmail ones.
Settings.........go to the bottom and click advanced
under password and forms.. click on manage passwords.
click on the "eye" icon and you will be able to see the password saved by chrome.

This is how I do it as I can never remember my passwords
Any idea of the browser your using to view the accounts in question?
gibblesuk1 h, 57 m ago

Account settings. Therein you can setup a Recovery email and/or mobile …Account settings. Therein you can setup a Recovery email and/or mobile number so you always have a method of gaining access too.

I'm going to look tomorrow as I've got carried away watching TV! And I feel a bit to tired to look tonight. Well I did try just didn't feel 100% maybe loosing access.
Cunny1 h, 23 m ago

Any idea of the browser your using to view the accounts in question?

I've not been looking through the browser. It's the standard mail software built in to Windows 10.
shabbird1 h, 32 m ago

I usually let Chrome save the passwords including gmail …I usually let Chrome save the passwords including gmail ones.Settings.........go to the bottom and click advancedunder password and forms.. click on manage passwords. click on the "eye" icon and you will be able to see the password saved by chrome. This is how I do it as I can never remember my passwords

It's not been through a browser, it's through the Windows 10 application, I think.

I've recently used CCleaner and deleted some info, probably including the info your suggesting stored in a browser but I wouldn't be able to use that option.
nirsoft.net/uti…tml

Should recover the passwords stored in the Windows Mail client.

It's free and it's not a virus.

Due to the nature of this utility your antivirus might give you a false positive and mistake it for a virus but it's completely legitimate. Have used it myself and never had a virus!
Edited by: "hearts22" 3rd Apr
chocci8 h, 47 m ago

Do this for each of your 3 …Do this for each of your 3 accountshttps://accounts.google.com/signin/v2/recoveryidentifier?service=mail&flowName=GlifWebSignIn&flowEntry=ServiceLoginI would also stop using Windows mail as its crap This is brillianthttp://www.emclient.com/

emclient looks good
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants