How can I find out what type of oil to put in the car?

I dont mean cooking oil or baby oil either lol

47 Comments

Banned

Will be in your owners manual

If you post the car type, model, year, engine type, fuel type etc probs find it on the net

Original Poster

ODB_69;2834008

Will be in your owners manualIf you post the car type, model, year, … Will be in your owners manualIf you post the car type, model, year, engine type, fuel type etc probs find it on the net

havent got a manual:oops:

what about cod liver oil:roll: most garages will tell you which oil to put in

Mardyass;2834017

See back of car for make and model............

Banned

Mardyass;2834017

Whats all the other info?

What make is it? You should be able to google it.

Original Poster

Alfonse;2834022

See back of car for make and model............

:giggle:
tis a mgf

Original Poster

mr miagi;2834021

what about cod liver oil:roll: most garages will tell you which oil to … what about cod liver oil:roll: most garages will tell you which oil to put in

tried that before with halfords and they sold em the wrong stuff hubby took it back and they wouldnt refund or exchange it!

motor oil. is there a difference

Mardyass;2834017

You can get one from a main dealer.

jennie-jack;2834043

motor oil. is there a difference

Of course there is.;-)

Nissan Main Dealer may free one up for you

Original Poster

just been to the castrol website and they recommend EDGE 0W-30 at £15.49 a litre! yikes is there a cheaper alternative,an own brand one thats the same thing different can?

20/40

Castrol GTX Magnatec 4.5 Litres
Recommended engine lubrication protection for MGF's. 10w/40 multigrade.

Original Poster

thanks so much will halfords sell it do you think the castrol magnatec oil?

Mardyass;2834092

thanks so much will halfords sell it do you think the castrol magnatec … thanks so much will halfords sell it do you think the castrol magnatec oil?

should do.they should have a manual.ask them to double check before you buy it

Women...............

Original Poster

ChrisUK;2834109

Women...............

totally agree this is a mans job! I dont even know where the oil hole is in this car lolol:oops:

ChrisUK;2834109

Women...............

Cheeky!

I know a lot more about cars than my hubby, I even did a night school course.:-D

dont pour it in the radiator!!

Original Poster

mr miagi;2834136

dont pour it in the radiator!!

at least he wouldnt let me loose again:-D

http://i279.photobucket.com/albums/kk141/Deek43/mgfheadgasp1_03.jpg

cars....

Original Poster

Deek43;2834153

look I dont even know how to get at the engine as its in the back of the car,pffftttt they didnt make that easy for us women did they lol:oops:

So how do you know you need oil? If you haven't got to engine, how did you check the level? Or is it making a tapping sound?

A Haynes Manual please

Original Poster

Deek43;2834166

So how do you know you need oil? If you haven't got to engine, how did … So how do you know you need oil? If you haven't got to engine, how did you check the level? Or is it making a tapping sound?

my dad borrowed it and told me its low on oil and when did i last check it:oops: ermmmmmm ermmmmm i didnt lol

Deek43;2834166

So how do you know you need oil? If you haven't got to engine, how did … So how do you know you need oil? If you haven't got to engine, how did you check the level? Or is it making a tapping sound?

It's women, it's obvious the warning light has come on - you dont expect them to check it every week do you ?

blame your dad then:w00t:

make sure and put the 710 cap back on when you are finished filling it. :thumbsup:

kemo;2834190

make sure and put the 710 cap back on when you are finished filling it. … make sure and put the 710 cap back on when you are finished filling it. :thumbsup:

lol - she wont get that !!!

Original Poster

mr miagi;2834189

blame your dad then:w00t:

yeah tis his fault he must of used it all lol

Original Poster

ChrisUK;2834194

lol - she wont get that !!!

true i dont:thumbsup:

Mardyass;2834182

my dad borrowed it and told me its low on oil and when did i last check … my dad borrowed it and told me its low on oil and when did i last check it:oops: ermmmmmm ermmmmm i didnt lol

If it's low on oil, it is either burning it, or leaking it, both require attention.;-)

kemo;2834190

make sure and put the 710 cap back on when you are finished filling it. … make sure and put the 710 cap back on when you are finished filling it. :thumbsup:

:-D

Inactive;2834198

If it's low on oil, it is either burning it, or leaking it, both require … If it's low on oil, it is either burning it, or leaking it, both require attention.;-)

Some cars can go through a litre every 1k miles, it's not uncommon - it's probably not been checked in years anyway lol

Do you get the car serviced ?

Just goto Halfords & look in the little book, that will tell you what oil to use

ChrisUK;2834186

It's women, it's obvious the warning light has come on - you dont expect … It's women, it's obvious the warning light has come on - you dont expect them to check it every week do you ?

Do you check your levels every week then?:whistling:

I check mine every month - well, that's a woman for you!:-D

Mardyass;2834196

http://i35.tinypic.com/14kkzfb.jpg :oops:

Mardyass;2834196

Here is a clue

http://www.freedomgeneration.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/05/710.jpg
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. GOT Leaks again415
    2. Stop everything, Nutella is bringing a biscuit snack to the market - Metro1312
    3. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7763948
    4. What an absolute disgrace2150

See more discussions