How can i find out WHO i pay ground rent to?? (Property Leasehold)

Found 5th Apr 2012
Morning Guys,

Quick Question - my property is leasehold and basically every year i normally get an invoice to pay £5 for the year.

I have been asked (for a separate issue) to provide a statement to show that i have clear balance on my ground rent (which i have) - now i only get 1 piece of paper (the invoice) and ive turned the house upside down looking for it but i cannot find it !!!

Please can anyone tell me specifically how to find out who it is that i have been paying ground rent to - as i need them to send me a letter to confirm my balance is clear.

Thanks
Community Updates
MiscCar Leasing
15 Comments
am sure mate if you dont pay they will send you a reminder with a contact number on the letter, havent you got a number on the letter you recieved

Hi mate - the issue i have is that i payed it about 4 months ago..........so im not going to get another letter from then for another 8 months (and as i say i cant find my letter, hence i have no number to contact) !!!!....... i need to contact them to ask them to send me a short letter to say my balance is clear................ but i dont know who to call !!!!

mercslkman

am sure mate if you dont pay they will send you a reminder with a contact … am sure mate if you dont pay they will send you a reminder with a contact number on the letter, havent you got a number on the letter you recieved

Edited by: "nick1981" 5th Apr 2012
Are you in a flat in a block?
If so, ask a neighbour.
nick1981

Hi mate - the issue i have is that i payed it about 4 months … Hi mate - the issue i have is that i payed it about 4 months ago..........so im not going to get another letter from then for another 8 months (and as i say i cant find my letter, hence i have no number to contact) !!!!....... i need to contact them to ask them to send me a short letter to say my balance is clear................ but i dont know who to call !!!!

oh ok mate i miss understood thought they had sent you a letter saying you owe the 5 quidmy bad
i live in a freehold but im still supposed to pay £10 per year land rent. never paid it.
lumoruk

i live in a freehold but im still supposed to pay £10 per year land rent. … i live in a freehold but im still supposed to pay £10 per year land rent. never paid it.

i own the land so gotcha bill in post lol
i thought your lease was to expressly state who the rent is due to; could even be the same as your lessor, who may be only collecting for the landowner.
Check who is the freeholder of the address.

check Land Registry, check wiv your solicitor/agent who set up the lease.
heck, check wiv CAB
lumoruk

i live in a freehold but im still supposed to pay £10 per year land rent. … i live in a freehold but im still supposed to pay £10 per year land rent. never paid it.

erm, how does a freeholder pay land rent?
lefthand

erm, how does a freeholder pay land rent?

maybe I use land not owned by me? it was a covenant on the purchase. Private estate.
If you send me your next yearly £5 early via paypal then i will email you back an invoice with my details on. (_;)
i pay ground rent aswell

and im payng my own mortgge on my house

dont know how it all works tbh i just pay it lol
Havince

i pay ground rent aswelland im payng my own mortgge on my housedont know … i pay ground rent aswelland im payng my own mortgge on my housedont know how it all works tbh i just pay it lol

So you bought a house without knowing whether it was freehold or leasehold?! oO
my rent is supposed to go to the Secretary of Defence, but he hasn't asked for it.

"At all times hereafter to pay the said yearly rentcharge at the times hereinbefore appointed for the payment thereof"

dated early 1980's.
Edited by: "lumoruk" 5th Apr 2012
cdm22

So you bought a house without knowing whether it was freehold or … So you bought a house without knowing whether it was freehold or leasehold?! oO

Its only about £5 a year. and they keep the grass/field area at the front and around spik and span

worth a fiver a year tbh
you can find out the name of the person who holds the freehold to a property from the land registry. you will probably have to pay a small fee for this.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants