Groups

how can i find the equivalent of my system

Banned
    sorry but i need to find out if mine is the equivalent 2.4 GHz P4 processor and the same with the graphics

15 Comments

what is your system?

On my XP, I go to Start and right click on My Computer and then select Properties,that tells me whats on my computer like Specs etc or at least some of it.

Original Poster Banned

hi shane, not mine daughter, she wants to buy the sims3, so thought best check 1st

she has

Studio 1735 Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz)
    Graphics 256 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650
    500 HD
    4GB RAM

she gonna be gutted if it wont play it

oh and running vista home premium

Original Poster Banned

Mum2Connor&Cerys;5420456

On my XP, I go to Start and right click on My Computer and then select … On my XP, I go to Start and right click on My Computer and then select Properties,that tells me whats on my computer like Specs etc.

i know what the specs are, dont know how to compare them to what is needed

sassie;5420459

hi shane, not mine daughter, she wants to buy the sims3, so thought best … hi shane, not mine daughter, she wants to buy the sims3, so thought best check 1stshe hasStudio 1735 Intel Core 2 Duo T8100 (2.1GHz)Graphics 256 MB ATI Mobility RADEON HD 3650500 HD4GB RAMshe gonna be gutted if it wont play it

that'll run sims 3 no doubt in my mind at all :thumbsup:

the cpu is far better than a P4 and the graphics again far better than the minimum requirements

http://194.169.225.105/images/images/199167-systemrequirements.jpg

Original Poster Banned

shanecr;5420468

that'll run sims 3 no doubt in my mind at all :thumbsup:

phew thank the lordy for that, she getting to old for tantrums, thanks shane x

Run It Easy, ------is It Fat Or Skinny?

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;5420572

Run It Easy, ------is It Fat Or Skinny?

yep spend £30 to find out it wont run, not the best idea you've ever had - pmsl

as for fat or skinny, will leave that one up to you to decide ;-)

sassie;5420581

yep spend £30 to find out it wont run, not the best idea you've ever had … yep spend £30 to find out it wont run, not the best idea you've ever had - pmslas for fat or skinny, will leave that one up to you to decide ;-)

:cry:

Original Poster Banned

raptorcigs;5420634

:cry:

ooops you decided then, change it and go for skinny if it makes you cry :w00t:

It's a bit strange that they are still using P4 based requirements given that entire architecture has now been dead for years, at least you'd expect a newer Athlon/Intel processor as well. In short Sassie that Core 2 Duo should be able to outpace any Pentium4 processor that was ever made (including the Extreme 3.7Ghz processors), AT have a fairly detailed chart up here:

anandtech.com/ben…b=2

In mobile terms the Pentium4 2.4 ghz processor was roughly equivalent to the first generation Pentium-m at 1.5Ghz (single core, 1MB cache, 400Mhz FSB slower per clock cycle than the Core 2 Duo)

John

Original Poster Banned

awww thanks everyone, she dead chuffed

It's always worth bearing in mind that the requirements are often a waste of space as they're rarely the specifications required to play the game at a reasonable level instead just for the game to actually start without crashing. I had a laptop that just met the requirements for Command and Conquer Generals but it was basically unplayable running at around 5fps with much of the scene constantly breaking up. That said as the only PC my brother could play it on, he stuck it out for a couple of weeks.

With all that said, the machine you've listed is a pretty decent one particularly as it has a dedicated graphics card. Frequently with Sims 2 I'd see people looking for advice on getting it to run better on their laptop which had an integrated graphics card which just wasn't up to the task. If you do have any trouble with the game it's likely down to the graphics card drivers rather than the system specification which is normally just a case of getting them updated.

John
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Microsoft approve Hyperkin's remake of the OG Xbox controller66
      2. 75% off Sky TV for existing customers. Only works when you call the specifi…17866382
      3. word association Game74044544
      4. So Brexit isn't going how a lot of Brexiters thought it would2468

See more discussions