Groups

How can i get a companys details? Possible Scam theglowman.co.uk

HI, i work for a charity and ordered 100 glowsticks for a halloween event costing £103 on the 20th of October with a promise of 'express next day delivery'

Its now the 9th of November and nothing has been sent to me..

I have sent several emails as called the number of the website many times with no answer..

The worst part is when you track your parcel it says it was signed for in May!!

Is it possible to find more contact details for a website and a name of the owner etc?

the website address is theglowman.co.uk

thanks

23 Comments

Domain name:
    theglowman.co.uk

Registrant:
    Jack St John Gordon

Registrant type:
    UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
    112 Balmoral Drive
    Bramcote Hills
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG9 3FT
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: 123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 23-May-2005
    Renewal date: 23-May-2011
    Last updated: 03-Jul-2009

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns1.tsohost.co.uk 195.62.28.14
    ns2.tsohost.co.uk 213.229.99.228

WHOIS

Err As above lol

Simply type in the website address into the search bar on this page
    Edited by: "Robotochan" 9th Nov 2010

REGISTRY WHOIS FOR THEGLOWMAN.CO.UK

Domain name:
    theglowman.co.uk

Registrant:
    Jack St John Gordon

Registrant type:
    UK Sole Trader

Registrant's address:
    112 Balmoral Drive
    Bramcote Hills
    Nottingham
    Nottinghamshire
    NG9 3FT
    United Kingdom

Registrar:
    Webfusion Ltd t/a 123-Reg.co.uk [Tag = 123-REG]
    URL: 123-reg.co.uk

Relevant dates:
    Registered on: 23-May-2005
    Renewal date: 23-May-2011
    Last updated: 03-Jul-2009

Registration status:
    Registered until renewal date.

Name servers:
    ns1.tsohost.co.uk 195.62.28.14
    ns2.tsohost.co.uk 213.229.99.228

WHOIS lookup made at 16:19:23 09-Nov-2010

--
    This WHOIS information is provided for free by Nominet UK the central registry
    for .uk domain names. This information and the .uk WHOIS are:

Copyright Nominet UK 1996 - 2010.

You may not access the .uk WHOIS or use any data from it except as permitted
    by the terms of use available in full at nominet.org.uk/whois, which
    includes restrictions on: (A) use of the data for advertising, or its
    repackaging, recompilation, redistribution or reuse (B) obscuring, removing
    or hiding any or all of this notice and (C) exceeding query rate or volume
    limits. The data is provided on an 'as-is' basis and may lag behind the
    register. Access may be withdrawn or restricted at any time.

Information Updated: Tue, 9 Nov 2010 16:19:23 UTC
    THEGLOWMAN.CO.UK SITE INFORMATION
    IP: 195.62.28.236
    IP Location: London, United Kingdom
    Website Status: active
    Server Type: Apache/2.0.63 (Unix) mod_ssl/2.0.63 OpenSSL/0.9.8e-fips-rhel5 mod_auth_passthrough/2.1 mod_bwlimited/1.4 FrontPage/5.0.2.2635
    Alexa Trend/Rank: Up Arrow 1 Month: 4,625,008 3 Month: 6,013,168
    Page Views per Visit: Up Arrow 1 Month: 9.0 3 Month: 5.0

Whoops too late lol

Anyway, Their selling glow sticks 2 for £1 in Poundland...!!!!
    Edited by: "shauneco" 9th Nov 2010

Thats really bad, hope you haven't been scammed.Seems a lot for 100 glowsticks though, you can get them much cheaper.

Banned

run round to his house

glowsticks are in pounland

omg, thats way too much ! ..£103 for 100 glowsticks oO

They are less than £5 for 100 on fleabay? Are they special ones?

Original Poster

apologies, it was 250 8" thick glowsticks for £103 not the small poxy little thiings!

Thankns for the replys above. no hope of getting an alternative contact number? It would be nice to catch them off guard

Only number I can get for them is 0845 867 3882 Glow Sticks Glowsticks Wholesale.

There is another company next door to them, maybe if you asked nicely and explained your situation they might go over and get number?? Long shot I know.

I'll send an e-mail requesting to place a large order see if i get a responce, if i do i will ask for a contact number to speak to somebody as there number on site has no responce......... will let you know how i get on

Found this online,different number

Public Email
    info@theglowman.co.uk
    Phone
    0115 884 0067

Original Poster

Thanks for trying

thats numbers dead deb8z! lol

J Gordon
    Tel: (0115) 925 2583 - Text Number
    112 Balmoral Dv, Bramcote, Nottingham, NG9 3FT - Map

Edit: Number works but currently engaged, was going to go with the spiel of interest in making alarge order

From thephonebook.bt.com/pub…y=0
    Edited by: "harlzter" 9th Nov 2010

Original Poster

Just to let you know we have made an offical complaint on the fraud website..

looking again today and it seems his 'unit 118' is actually just a house on a normal residential street..

maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=NG6+8YN&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl

very strange..

cheers for the number harlzter, hopefully ill get a responce

chrisharry12345

Just to let you know we have made an offical complaint on the fraud … Just to let you know we have made an offical complaint on the fraud website..looking again today and it seems his 'unit 118' is actually just a house on a normal residential street..[url=http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=NG6+8YN&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl]http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=NG6+8YN&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wl[/url]very strange..cheers for the number harlzter, hopefully ill get a responce

Fingers crossed you get this sorted. Its bad enough anyone getting scammed but when its a charity its even worse!

nkje02

I'll send an e-mail requesting to place a large order see if i get a … I'll send an e-mail requesting to place a large order see if i get a responce, if i do i will ask for a contact number to speak to somebody as there number on site has no responce......... will let you know how i get on

i've had no response as of yet!

chrisharry12345

Just to let you know we have made an offical complaint on the fraud … Just to let you know we have made an offical complaint on the fraud website..looking again today and it seems his 'unit 118' is actually just a house on a normal residential street..http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?q=NG6+8YN&rls=com.microsoft:en-gb:IE-SearchBox&oe=UTF-8&rlz=1I7GGLL_en&um=1&ie=UTF-8&sa=N&hl=en&tab=wlvery strange..cheers for the number harlzter, hopefully ill get a responce

Keep us updated, its people like this that make it hard for small businesses to get an online presence, hope you get something sorted.

There are lots of other people in the same boat, I`m afraid. He runs at least three different companies from the same address. There is even a facebook group "wellglow been ripped off by them", covering all three companies. The admin is a guy called Safe Buy.
    I have spoken to Jack Gordon on one occasion, so I know he exists and I guess he is the one posting all the 5 star reviews here and there i think i had to dial the number about a thousand times though before I got an answer. It took me about 8 weeks to finally get my money back, so I plan to make as much fuss about these rip-off merchants as I can. If enough people join the FB group, maybe we can get some interest from one of the "rogue trader" type journalists.

Original Poster

HI newportfrank I will definately join that facebook group when I get home. theres nothing around about theglowman being a scam but plenty about wellglow! were going to try and contact the trading standards in nottingham to also complain

Hi,
    sorry to come with this nearly 5 months later, but I had the same problem. I ordered glowsticks for £62 for a WWF party for the earth hour. I am french and live here only for one year and I have no idea how to get my money back!
    thanks,
    Aurélie

Original Poster

Unfortunatley we couldnt get our money back! we contact the authorites and they investigated and said he wasnt expected such a huge amount of business and was backlogged with orders and we would get our order.. 5/6 months later and still nothing

SCAM

chartonaure wrote:sorry to come with this nearly 5 months later, but I … chartonaure wrote:sorry to come with this nearly 5 months later, but I had the same problem. I ordered glowsticks for £62 for a WWF party for the earth hour. I am french and live here only for one year and I have no idea how to get my money back!thanks,Aurélie

chrisharry12345 wrote:Unfortunatley we couldnt get our money back! we … chrisharry12345 wrote:Unfortunatley we couldnt get our money back! we contact the authorites and they investigated and said he wasnt expected such a huge amount of business and was backlogged with orders and we would get our order.. 5/6 months later and still nothing :(SCAM

Write a them a letter requesting a full refund. Send the letter using recorded sign for. Give them 1-2 weeks to respond. If you don't get a answer. Issue a claim through the county court. Do it online. All the information you need click link below.

hmcourts-service.gov.uk/inf…htm
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. word association Game72944190
      2. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764565
      3. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …271934
      4. Best advert ever to be seen.1719

See more discussions