How can I get a refund from Breakfree holidays?

Posted 5th Jun
My booking was for 01/06/20 and I still haven’t received a refund. I was sent an email saying Haven parks has been closed and I will receive a further email offering a refund or change of date. I then received an email offering a change of date or credit but I don’t want either as we have a newborn due in September. The contact number just gives brief information then hangs up, I’ve tried emailing and tweeting but no reply and live chat doesn’t seem to work. I did ring Haven and they told me to get in touch with Breakfree as they handle it. These are the offerings in the email I received.

3478674.jpg
3478674.jpg

I would just like to know what to do next if I keep being ignored. I paid by credit card if that helps. Thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

4 Comments
Call your bank and raise a sec 75 complaint.
Just go via the credit card company. Their investigation will either prompt Breakfree to get in touch, or the card company will refund the money once investigation is complete. Either way you will get the money back.
Yep I would also go via your bank/credit card company.

We were in a similar position with Ryanair, they cancelled our flights, agreed to a cash refund, then a few weeks later they sent a voucher.

Trying to contact Ryanair was impossible, they wouldn't reply to emails, they ahd very long queues on the phone lines, so we gave up with them.

We paid partly on PayPal and another part with Debit card.

PayPal after a couple of weeks has closed the claim in our favour and now getting a refund.

The debit card company we contacted last night, they imediatily gave us a refund, but have said that they need to do their investigation with Ryanair which could take a couple of weeks, but assuming they put up no defence the money will stay in our account.

So all straight forward for PayPal and Bank - a credit card should be just as easy too.
bozo00705/06/2020 10:12

Call your bank and raise a sec 75 complaint.

Bob2460105/06/2020 10:38

Yep I would also go via your bank/credit card company.We were in a similar …Yep I would also go via your bank/credit card company.We were in a similar position with Ryanair, they cancelled our flights, agreed to a cash refund, then a few weeks later they sent a voucher.Trying to contact Ryanair was impossible, they wouldn't reply to emails, they ahd very long queues on the phone lines, so we gave up with them.We paid partly on PayPal and another part with Debit card.PayPal after a couple of weeks has closed the claim in our favour and now getting a refund.The debit card company we contacted last night, they imediatily gave us a refund, but have said that they need to do their investigation with Ryanair which could take a couple of weeks, but assuming they put up no defence the money will stay in our account.So all straight forward for PayPal and Bank - a credit card should be just as easy too.

Bob2460105/06/2020 10:38

Yep I would also go via your bank/credit card company.We were in a similar …Yep I would also go via your bank/credit card company.We were in a similar position with Ryanair, they cancelled our flights, agreed to a cash refund, then a few weeks later they sent a voucher.Trying to contact Ryanair was impossible, they wouldn't reply to emails, they ahd very long queues on the phone lines, so we gave up with them.We paid partly on PayPal and another part with Debit card.PayPal after a couple of weeks has closed the claim in our favour and now getting a refund.The debit card company we contacted last night, they imediatily gave us a refund, but have said that they need to do their investigation with Ryanair which could take a couple of weeks, but assuming they put up no defence the money will stay in our account.So all straight forward for PayPal and Bank - a credit card should be just as easy too.

Thanks, I’ve sorted it now. The bank told me they couldn’t do anything unless I was overcharged for something and I need to go back and contact them instead and come back to the bank in 7-10 if nothing. I sent Breakfree the same email 10 times to spam them and they eventually got back to me. It’s a bit sneaky what they done, I had click on change date/get credit towards other holiday, then click another link inside that then it’s right at the bottom of a third page in the small print (click here for refund) . It’s basically like when you get an email and at the bottom in tiny writing it says “to unsubscribe from email click here”. Probably so loads of people will just try and change the date instead. Thanks for the help
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants