Found 12th Nov 2009
hi. ican anyone help me??
i could really do with some help obtaining some sort of credit?
the problem is that my credit rating is BELOW rubbish due to the worst that can happen when dealing with credit. !!! the big B!!!
i have tried capital one etc
without going to places like brighthouse and provident where you have to sell an organ to pay back the interest rates, what can i do... xmas is near and i am totally stuck !!!!!

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
23 Comments

can i have some aswell please:)

Have you tried the major catalogue companies such as,
Littlewoods
Marshall Ward
Empire Stores
Additions Direct
Very
J.D Williams
Freemans
Next
24Studio

Also there is the Vanquis card which helps people repair bad credit

pull your belt in and either sell stuff or work to get exta money otherwise this time next year you'll be worse off.

Try [url]www.vanquis.co.uk[/url] :thumbsup:

Get a second job?

hmmm cap one supposedly is easy to apply already. you may want to try store credit cards. dont apply to cards all in one go...should wait like months before trying another card if you get rejected the `1st time.

flp14344;6869062

Try [url]www.vanquis.co.uk[/url] :thumbsup:

39.9 % APR? :shock:

OP, i'm assuming by the B word you mean bankruptcy? If so, are you nuts?
surely after you have already proved you cant manage credit sensibly you want more?

plain crazy :roll:

So you were bankrupt. And now you want to get more credit as it's Christmas, words fail me.

I know it's hard, but if you can not afford to buy it with the cash you have, don't buy it. Else there is a good chance, that you will get into the same situation again.

Simple fact, if you are getting credit to buy basic items or presents, you are living outside your means.

Just a quick edit nice ironic name if only it was true

credit = bad...not worth it.

sven256;6869296

So you were bankrupt. And now you want to get more credit as it's … So you were bankrupt. And now you want to get more credit as it's Christmas, words fail me.I know it's hard, but if you can not afford to buy it with the cash you have, don't buy it. Else there is a good chance, that you will get into the same situation again.Simple fact, if you are getting credit to buy basic items or presents, you are living outside your means.Just a quick edit nice ironic name if only it was true

+1
Learn from past experience, don't get into debt for Christmas FFS.

Original Poster

well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only asking for advice. am actually trying to repair my credit report and i never said i was doin xmas on tick did i ....? but to be fair, how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??

Original Poster

littlewoods said no so presume the rest be the same ....??

lol @ a money tree needing credit

Sloth/Mod

moneytree;6870061

littlewoods said no so presume the rest be the same ....??

Most likely and each time you try and fail that's worse for your credit rating.

moneytree;6870040

well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only … well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only asking for advice. am actually trying to repair my credit report and i never said i was doin xmas on tick did i ....? but to be fair, how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??

I honestly thought your thread was a wind up, obviously not.

Why do you want to repair your credit rating when its the credit that got you into trouble in the past?

If i was you i'd be chuffed not to get monthly bills from creditors.

Banned

wow if you are struggling DO NOT BUY presents, seriously if a relative of mine was in trouble I would NOT want a present from them, I would be happy just to see them over the Christmas period.

[QUOTE=moneytree;6870040]well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only asking for advice. am actually trying to repair my credit report and i never said i was doin xmas on tick did i ....? but to be fair, how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??[/QUOTE]

I do. I start buying things in August and also I honestly work harder etc as no way am I getting into debt for Christmas.

there is a capital one card that you can get with low amount of credit but its for starting to build your credit up

best advice is not to borrow anything if you're stuck now, where you gonna be next year when VAT goes back higher than 17.5%

suck it up

Banned

how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??

I havn´t had credit for years

Best decision I ever made

moneytree;6870040

well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only … well thanks all for ur opinions. i know u think im crazy. but i was only asking for advice. am actually trying to repair my credit report and i never said i was doin xmas on tick did i ....? but to be fair, how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??

well yes you did infer the credit was fo xmas..

[COLOR="DarkOrange"]xmas is near and i am totally stuck !!!!![/COLOR]

i dont use plastic-we buy what we can afford-take care of our stuff and sell it later.

moneytree;6870040

but to be fair, how many people get thru it WITHOUT their plastic??

I dont have any credit cards.....never have and never will unless I have no other option. Was always brought up to buy things I could afford at the time, if I couldnt afford it there and then I didnt get it, I went and saved til I had enough then went back and generally got a better model for the same price.....

It sucks how people rely on credit.....its pathetic and should never be relied on. I think its shocking how some companies wont deal with you unless you have a CC.....only understand the people who use them for the security on purchases, those who have the cash, and pay off the CC's immediately....otherwise I think people are well and truly asking for it, should spend what you have and nothing more.

IMHO people who go bankrupt through their own stupidity should never be allowed credit again and better offers should be given to those who have shown they can manage their own money effeciently, rather than those who 'show' they can get as many CC's as poss :?

i think you would find that littlewoods,marshall ward,comet,dfs etc etc all have same apr as brighthouse and provident if you look further than the whole 20 wks intrest free and buy now pay nxt yr.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Topcashback Trick or Treat competition63657
    2. Win a google pixel phone at Stylist1111
    3. win free cash32
    4. Win two star gazing festival tickets in the north pennines10

See more discussions