How can I make money with my old magazines.I have hundreds!

26 replies
Found 7th Apr 2011
I have hundreds of old magazines, Vogue, Marie claire, Glamour ,More etc and Im looking for ideas on how I can get rid of them and also raise a bit of money.

Any ideas will be greatly appreciated

1. Misc
  2. Magazine
26 Comments

Make paper aeroplanes or origami figures and sell them on that auction site or car boots X)

Original Poster

Im not that creative im afraid

I had loads of my ex's car magazines,i couldn't even give them away on Freecycle lol
Edited by: "Domthedonkey" 7th Apr 2011

hold on to em till 5th Nov

Original Poster

Why 5 Nov?

I don't think you will be able to make any money from them tbh.
If they are fairly recent you could give them to your local doctors or hospital to put out for patients whilst they are waiting, better than throwing them out.

divasupreme

Why 5 Nov?

Remember, remember the....

Original Poster

sickly sweet

Remember, remember the....

By the way have you ever made velvet cupcakes?

Cant see you making money from them lol
By the way you must have a big magazine rack!!

Banned

throw them all over someones garden and say "i'll only pick them up if you pay me"

divasupreme

By the way have you ever made velvet cupcakes?

No, sadly not. I make awesome fairy cakes though, just like my granny used to make with me.

I found it hard to sell decent magazines for 99p on ebay, so dont know how your gonna sell that lot.

70% of those magazines are either about new creams, how to apply creams, or adverts for creams.

Original Poster

splatsplatsplat

I found it hard to sell decent magazines for 99p on ebay, so dont know … I found it hard to sell decent magazines for 99p on ebay, so dont know how your gonna sell that lot.

Problem is also postage , Glamour and Vogue are quite heavy and to post would mean that buyer pays more than what magazine is worth

Original Poster

sickly sweet

No, sadly not. I make awesome fairy cakes though, just like my granny … No, sadly not. I make awesome fairy cakes though, just like my granny used to make with me.

Tried the Hummingbird recipe and it was awful plus the you cant pipe the cream cheese ;-( Love them but need diff recipe.

Original Poster

Luke

throw them all over someones garden and say "i'll only pick them up if … throw them all over someones garden and say "i'll only pick them up if you pay me"

X) Coming over to yours!

divasupreme

Tried the Hummingbird recipe and it was awful plus the you cant pipe the … Tried the Hummingbird recipe and it was awful plus the you cant pipe the cream cheese ;-( Love them but need diff recipe.

See if Delia does a recipe, her things are pretty tasty

Make a big papier mache sculpture and sell it

Original Poster

RosieWoo

Make a big papier mache sculpture and sell it

This seems to be the only option so far

Recycle in the safe knowledge that maybe someday a stranger will be wiping their bum with your old magazines. oO

Original Poster

transit

Recycle in the safe knowledge that maybe someday a stranger will be … Recycle in the safe knowledge that maybe someday a stranger will be wiping their bum with your old magazines. oO

As long as its not my face on the magazine!

deb8z

I had loads of my ex's car magazines,i couldn't even give them away on … I had loads of my ex's car magazines,i couldn't even give them away on Freecycle lol

Try a unicycle.

divasupreme

As long as its not my face on the magazine!

Never thought of that....kinky (_;)

sickly sweet

If they are fairly recent you could give them to your local doctors or … If they are fairly recent you could give them to your local doctors or hospital to put out for patients whilst they are waiting, better than throwing them out.

Doctor`s surgeries and hospitals have stopped putting out magazines since the outbreaks of C Diff, MRSA, Syphilis, Ennui etc...

Crowman

Doctor`s surgeries and hospitals have stopped putting out magazines since … Doctor`s surgeries and hospitals have stopped putting out magazines since the outbreaks of C Diff, MRSA, Syphilis, Ennui etc...:{

My doctors and local hospital still has them in the waiting rooms, there is one emergency doctors who has stopped allowing them but still have a large selection of paper leaflets scattered on a table in the middle of the seating area which seems to be a bit ridiculous - if you can read leaflets surely you can read magazines.

I sold a whole load of Club, Razzle and Mayfair to the local sperm bank, can't work out when they find time to read them they looked too busy for coffee breaks?
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Incorrect Amazon refunds - how can I make sure they don't owe me any more m…816
    2. Laptop help22
    3. Driving anxiety.2736
    4. Black friday mobile deals22

See more discussions