Groups
    EXPIRED

How Can I Rack Up Tesco Clubcard Points

i want deals for goldsmiths

ive used the 1000 points online code

also done the 500 points insurance quote

need antoher 1400 points to get to 5000 so i can exchange for £200 GOLDSMITHS VOUCHERS

any suggestions

50 Comments

Admin

go thru quidco to get a fiver

buy £1400 of shopping then sell on to family lol only kidding

What you need to do is go to a car booty or buy on ebay old (WORKING) mobiles, send 3 of them to Tesco

and hey presto Tesco add 500 points on for every working mobile

1500 points nicely sitting in your account

Woo Woot !!!

Saxo bows his head ...and i thank you !!

Remember tho, there is around a 5 week waiting period for points to be added as Admin are very busy with mobile points and ink cart points etc etc

saxo_appeal

buy £1400 of shopping then sell on to family lol only kiddingWhat you … buy £1400 of shopping then sell on to family lol only kiddingWhat you need to do is go to a car booty or buy on ebay old (WORKING) mobiles, send 3 of them to Tesco and hey presto Tesco add 500 points on for every working mobile1500 points nicely sitting in your account Woo Woot !!!Saxo bows his head ...and i thank you !!Remember tho, there is around a 5 week waiting period for points to be added as Admin are very busy with mobile points and ink cart points etc etc

How do you send them off?

Whenever you recycle an old mobile phone, you'll collect 500 Green Clubcard Points if it turns on. Alternatively, we'll donate £5 to the British Red Cross on your behalf.

For a phone that does not turn on, you will recieve 100 Green Clubcard Points or you can choose for Tesco to donate £1 to the British Red Cross.

tesco.com/gre…ts/

Im still waiting for my clubcard [perminant one] and i sentoff for it 5 weeks+ ago..
    Does anyone know what i should do?

Banned

get a tescos credit card and use it all the time..oh dont forget to pay it off at the end of every month though.. I get loads of points every time I use it :thumbsup:

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

does that actually work

Original Poster

saxo_appeal

buy £1400 of shopping then sell on to family lol only kiddingWhat you … buy £1400 of shopping then sell on to family lol only kiddingWhat you need to do is go to a car booty or buy on ebay old (WORKING) mobiles, send 3 of them to Tesco and hey presto Tesco add 500 points on for every working mobile1500 points nicely sitting in your account Woo Woot !!!Saxo bows his head ...and i thank you !!Remember tho, there is around a 5 week waiting period for points to be added as Admin are very busy with mobile points and ink cart points etc etc

cheers

dog_cop

get a tescos credit card and use it all the time..oh dont forget to pay … get a tescos credit card and use it all the time..oh dont forget to pay it off at the end of every month though.. I get loads of points every time I use it :thumbsup:

Too true, I even pay my mortgage on mine!!! An extra £100 in deals roughly each year. That's about 3 meals out paid for or a day or two of our holiday just for paying on credit card.

Admin

ms01ma

does that actually work

Yes I have accounts in my name, one in hubbys' name, one in my son's Get the points through as usual, on three seperate card accounts, and combine them at the checkout when you buy a deal. Works fine- we stayed at The Hilton in manchester for the weekend in May, and I sold the leftovers on ebay as I didn't need anything else :giggle:

If your with powergen you can rack them up that way to

Search for "Tesco Points" on ebay. You can buy extra points vouchers to use in store.

Original Poster

juliet_bravo

Yes I have accounts in my name, one in hubbys' name, one in my son's … Yes I have accounts in my name, one in hubbys' name, one in my son's Get the points through as usual, on three seperate card accounts, and combine them at the checkout when you buy a deal. Works fine- we stayed at The Hilton in manchester for the weekend in May, and I sold the leftovers on ebay as I didn't need anything else :giggle:

WHAT DO YOU MEAN COMBINE AT THE CEHCKOUT SORRY FOR BEING THICK

Admin

ms01ma

WHAT DO YOU MEAN COMBINE AT THE CEHCKOUT SORRY FOR BEING THICK

As in if you're converting to, say, Slug & lettuce vouchers and one account has £20.00 on it, and your other account has £17.00 on it, you can add the points from both accounts and get £37.00 worth of vouchers :thumbsup:

Why dont you just merge the 2 accounts together i.e (main card holder and associate) and have £37 in total anyway from the one account?

saxo_appeal

Why dont you just merge the 2 accounts together i.e (main card holder and … Why dont you just merge the 2 accounts together i.e (main card holder and associate) and have £37 in total anyway from the one account?

Because with 2 seperate mailings you get 2 lots of extra points vouchers. :thumbsup:

Original Poster

do you need to send charger with the phones to tesco

Admin

saxo_appeal

Why dont you just merge the 2 accounts together i.e (main card holder and … Why dont you just merge the 2 accounts together i.e (main card holder and associate) and have £37 in total anyway from the one account?

Because I can use the 1000 extra points vouchers once for each account- so instead of only getting 1000 points, with my 3 accounts I get 3000

t0mm

Im still waiting for my clubcard [perminant one] and i sentoff for it 5 … Im still waiting for my clubcard [perminant one] and i sentoff for it 5 weeks+ ago..Does anyone know what i should do?

Don't worry, they take AGES to come, you will get it in the end though

Christmasshopper

Search for "Tesco Points" on ebay. You can buy extra points vouchers to … Search for "Tesco Points" on ebay. You can buy extra points vouchers to use in store.

all they do is send you old receipits that they have found on the floor :giggle:

ive used the 1000 points online code

How do you get this:thinking:

pavilion

all they do is send you old receipits that they have found on the floor … all they do is send you old receipits that they have found on the floor :giggle:

depends how old they are and if you start sending loads in your account will be shut down (word of warning):thumbsup:

havent seen any 1000 / 500 points lately. have tescos stopped doing them. i remember getting them for a dvd player and wine but not recently. want to start racking up my points as well for the clubcard deals.

saxo_appeal

thanks for this, i never realised it was so many points! do tesco limit how many phones you can send in?
    we have an odd family member :oops: lol that has a habit of going to car boots every sunday and coming home with phones & junk that noone needs! buy cheap and get 500 points :-D grand idea.

Turn Tesco freak. They offer enough services to live off them. Your ******ed if they go bust though (highly unlikely).

twinkle_n_spud

thanks for this, i never realised it was so many points! do tesco limit … thanks for this, i never realised it was so many points! do tesco limit how many phones you can send in?we have an odd family member :oops: lol that has a habit of going to car boots every sunday and coming home with phones & junk that noone needs! buy cheap and get 500 points :-D grand idea.

Think they limit the points to like 3 per clubcard per year but that should be easy to get around by having a few clubcards. Not easy to make sure you got the points though, there's no details like internet banking to see what has been added. Unless you just use that clubcard for mobiles then if they don't get added it'd be easy to see and easy to prove to Tesco that they hadn't added the points as there are no points on the card.

ms01ma

do you need to send charger with the phones to tesco

No. But if you charge them before you send them, you get more points for a phone that switches on. :thumbsup:

ms01ma

i want deals for goldsmiths ive used the 1000 points online codealso done … i want deals for goldsmiths ive used the 1000 points online codealso done the 500 points insurance quoteneed antoher 1400 points to get to 5000 so i can exchange for £200 GOLDSMITHS VOUCHERSany suggestions

Check out ]this post, the points are dropping to 300 and you are limited to 5 phones a year

Original Poster

mouseclick

Check out ]this post, the points are dropping to 300 and you are limited … Check out ]this post, the points are dropping to 300 and you are limited to 5 phones a year

ive sent 5 in and got 2500 points not bad for a £22 ebay spend

I have racked up a lot of points this quarter, about 14,000. I rang Tesco CS twice - calls about week apart - to ask about a missing 1000 points from an internet phone offer. I was immediately put on hold 2nd time and passed to the same person I spoke to in my first call. She went through all my points and where they came from with a sort of resentful attitude... as if to say "you have all these points and you want MORE?" and showing me that they know what the sources of my points are and where they come from. Anyway after explaining in great detail exactly why I was entitled to this particular offer, quoting my flyer with the last clubcard statement - buy an internet phone or headset, top up with a tenner, and get 1000 points. She was even asking where I bought the phone and how much I paid for it, even though this is irrelevant! When I told her £4.98 and quoted the store and date she said "that is VERY cheap for a phone". She also said she had never heard of this offer. I was told an email would be sent to Tesco phones enquiring about the points. Very strange. It is hard to imagine how someone in customer services is not aware of an offer that was sent to everyone.

In addition, I received some wine yesterday, delivery receipt said 1065 points. Today I got the 65 but not the 1000. Usually the normal points are added the same time as the bonus points [EDIT, I got the points on Wednesday, 2 days later, so all is well. now]

Are Tesco paying special attention to people with high points I wonder? The phone call I made yesterday felt like an inquisition, it was as if I was being treated as a fraudster, but in fact I was 100% in compliance with the terms of the offer. Is it just me or have others had this problem?

If you have some old high value clubcard vouchers that are about to expire, there is a way to rejuvenate the points, or most of them anyway.

Example[INDENT]You have a £24 voucher, due to expire 30/11/2007. In early / mid November, go and buy the cheapest deal available that you will put to good use, for example £2.50 (£10) in dry cleaning vouchers, or £2.50 (£10) in Bombay Bicycle Indian take away food, or 60 air miles for £2.50.
    [/INDENT][INDENT] Send off the £24 voucher in the post in November before the expiry date of 30th. You will get your £10 deals voucher plus £21.50 "change". The change will be 2150 points added to your clubcard statement due in February 2008. Then they won't expire until 28 February 2010. Thus you have extended the life of your points by two years and three months, simply by using a small percentage of them in deals just before they are due to expire.
    [/INDENT]This can be very useful if you want to save for something big, but you can't meet your targets in the two year validity period of the vouchers. The maximum clubcard voucher size I have seen is £24, if you have more than that they seem to break it down into several £24 vouchers, thus I have quoted that in the example.

Unless Tesco change their rules, you will be able to do this again and again when the vouchers are next due to expire.

PS: The same can be done online in the future, but the vouchers expiring November 2007 and before used the old snail mail system.

I have got one clubcard and two accounts. Both accounts are regsitered to the one clubcard. Does that mean that i will get to use say a 1000point code only once. I use whatever code on each account but i feel my points are not going up much. Can you do it this way. Register the one clubcard to two separate accounts and double the points.:? Why would you want two lots of mailings like someone said earlier.

[SIZE="2"]

mouseclick

I have racked up a lot of points this quarter, about 14,000. I rang Tesco … I have racked up a lot of points this quarter, about 14,000. I rang Tesco CS twice - calls about week apart - to ask about a missing 1000 points from an internet phone offer. I was immediately put on hold 2nd time and passed to the same person I spoke to in my first call. She went through all my points and where they came from with a sort of resentful attitude... as if to say "you have all these points and you want MORE?" and showing me that they know what the sources of my points are and where they come from. Anyway after explaining in great detail exactly why I was entitled to this particular offer, quoting my flyer with the last clubcard statement - buy an internet phone or headset, top up with a tenner, and get 1000 points. and quoted the store and date she said "that is VERY cheap for a phone". She also said she had never heard of this offer. I was told an email would be sent to Tesco phones enquiring about the points. In addition, I received some wine yesterday, delivery receipt said 1065 points. Today I got the 65 but not the 1000. Usually the normal points are added the same time as the bonus points.Are Tesco paying special attention to people with high points I wonder? The phone call I made yesterday felt like an inquisition, it was as if I was being treated as a fraudster, but in fact I was 100% in compliance with the terms of the offer. Is it just me or have others had this problem?

[/SIZE]

[COLOR="RoyalBlue"]I will defend customer services to a point as i was one for them!! Tesco clubcard reps are only allowed 2 minutes to answer your clubcard calls!!! Plus there are now so many different depts dealing with each area of tesco eg tesco phones, electrical goods, etc that it is tough getting any sense when you try and transfer a call to the relevant section. One dept even had a policy not to accept transfers!!It took me 3 months to chase up 2 x 1000 points enquiries and that was repeated calls to those depts including talking to supervisors so if i, as an employee, had trouble then what hope do the customers have!! They were sorted on my last day there! I left cos i hated the fact i had to rush callers, fob them off if it looked like a long call and the attitude is deal with it quickly and if it means the caller having to call back, then it's another customer service manager's problem!!!! Not what we were led to believe in our training! I never met my call handling targets as i was someone who took time to deal with enquiries so that meant i couldn't go for promotion and i was told off for thinking of the customer whereas i should think of our employer-TESCO! As a customer myself, it went against my principles.

'She was even asking where I bought the phone and how much I paid for it, even though this is irrelevant! When I told her £4.98' - she may have to call that store to see if it was a one off problem or not. Plus all this info is emailed to the relevant dept to investigate as we had standard forms to fill in that requested this info.

'Very strange. It is hard to imagine how someone in customer services is not aware of an offer that was sent to everyone.' - that's cos we are never told of them in advance nor what dept is offering what promotion so the first we hear is when the customer calls up!!

Again, it is pot luck when you call these calls centres as to who you get. If you had had me, I would have followed it up with regular calls back to you to keep you informed. But other csms don't care as they are trying to meet targets and look good! The attitude is Who cares about the customer anyway as Tesco is now such a huge company and makes such huge profits so your 1000 points is nothing to them!

Don't even get me started on Tesco.com groceries!!! :x[/COLOR]

i bought a 60 pound table in the direct sale recently at quater price of 15 pounds because there was a 500 point bonus. table came damaged so gave them a call. none in stock so refunded me. got a email later which said 60 pound had been credited back to my card. guess i cant argue with that

fern37

[COLOR=RoyalBlue]Tesco is now such a huge company and makes such huge … [COLOR=RoyalBlue]Tesco is now such a huge company and makes such huge profits so your 1000 points is nothing to them![/COLOR]

That's what I thought, and I was surprised to be asked so many questions, in fact the phone call lasted about 5 or 6 minutes, and covered lots of irrelevant topics, but each topic related to how many points I had for different things such as wine, recycling phones, groceries etc. All I asked was about one offer! But this person mentioned they were in training, for your info. I think they said someone was with them, or monitoring them. Not sure if that makes any difference.

Cheers for the detailed response. Rep added

mum and baby club helps me get good vouchers

this may help?? dont know if its reall

]http//**…tem

am i rihg tin saying, of you get 200 worht f goldsmith you can get somthing for free?? like if it cost 200, or 210 you wid only hav to pay a tnenr?

shellscreativeca

am i rihg tin saying, of you get 200 worht f goldsmith you can get … am i rihg tin saying, of you get 200 worht f goldsmith you can get somthing for free?? like if it cost 200, or 210 you wid only hav to pay a tnenr?

Correct. If you have £50's worth of Clubcard Vouchers, you can convert to £200 of Goldsmith's vouchers, so if you buy something for £200 and use the vouchers you pay nothing. If it's over £200, you just pay the extra. As you say, £10 for something that costs £210.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Flight delay compensation614
      2. Teenage son new phone (1250 budget)918
      3. Gaming PC Upgrade Help33
      4. E-Bike/Electric Bike/Pedelec Advice810

See more discussions