Groups

How can I save a TV programme, which I've recorded onto DVD, onto my computer?

As title says, really. And without taking up massive amounts of storage space, preferably. And free!

10 Comments

convert it to xvid, will only be small size then/

oooo this could be long.....

Easiest way, go into my computer and right click on the cd/dvd drive click open.
    Then you will have 2 folders Audio_ts Video_ts
    Copy both of these onto your computer into a new folder (i.e. Simpsons if it is a simpsons show) and then you may need something like gom player which can play just about anything. THen when you want to watch, drag the files from the folder into Gom.

There are other ways, but it will involve you having to get converting software, and if it is an old computer.... don't bother as it will be an over night job.

hope this helps

i thought you could just copy and paste it

Nad_84;4005571

if it is an old computer.... don't bother as it will be an over night job.

If it is an old PC I would not even attempt it as the output will be bitty and jump a lot.

best convert to xvid or AVi.

Banned

depends what output format your dvd writes.

Predikuesi;4005595

If it is an old PC I would not even attempt it as the output will be … If it is an old PC I would not even attempt it as the output will be bitty and jump a lot.

The performance of the PC which is processing it will only affect the speed in which it encodes. The resulting encoding will be exactly the same.

What you're saying would be like thinking that burning a disc at 2x means it can only read back at 2x speed....

Banned

Xb0xGuru;4006450

The performance of the PC which is processing it will only affect the … The performance of the PC which is processing it will only affect the speed in which it encodes. The resulting encoding will be exactly the same.What you're saying would be like thinking that burning a disc at 2x means it can only read back at 2x speed....

I think he means the playback of a dvd on an old pc could be jerky if the gfx card isn't up to the job :thumbsup:

csiman;4008578

I think he means the playback of a dvd on an old pc could be jerky if the … I think he means the playback of a dvd on an old pc could be jerky if the gfx card isn't up to the job :thumbsup:

:oops:

Spot on, missed the obvious there !!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764364
      2. How dangerous is Donald trump?32174
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846231
      4. The State on Ch411

See more discussions