How can i show smart tv apps on a projector

Found 12th Apr
I have a LG OLED55c7V i want to be able to play things like the netflix and plex app on the smart tv to show on a projector.

I can show the tv through a STB then a switch box (one to TV, other to Projector) and then just change outputs, but of course it wont show any of the smart apps as its not on the stb.

Ideally if the tv had a hdmi out, then i could just run the cable to the projector but i don't think any HDMI do outputs.

Any ideas please?
Community Updates
Ask
8 Comments
Could you plug a Amazon Firestick or Chromecast into the projector? How do get sound currently when using the projector?
Sound and video to the projector is through hdmi from the switch. will be playing hd video so really want it through hdmi rather than wireless.
Edited by: "Dinje" 12th Apr
I have never heard of a TV with a HDMI out. It sort of defeats the purpose of having a TV.

Your only option would be to connect a pc/laptop or a smart stick to the projectors HDMI port.
my projector is by fire stick, it's tiny,small and can probably be powered by projector usb ,tho i use the plug and the fire stick is cheap
plus the fire stick has handy feature where u can de scale the screen size
I have an Xbox One X connected to my projector and I use that to play all my content via usb or streaming.

But it also has a hdmi in so that might be worth looking into for your needs.
mastablasta5 h, 24 m ago

I have an Xbox One X connected to my projector and I use that to play all …I have an Xbox One X connected to my projector and I use that to play all my content via usb or streaming. But it also has a hdmi in so that might be worth looking into for your needs.

I forgot about that, probably my best option. Seems strange TV's don't have an HDMI though, would be so much easier.
Dinje38 m ago

I forgot about that, probably my best option. Seems strange TV's don't …I forgot about that, probably my best option. Seems strange TV's don't have an HDMI though, would be so much easier.

Why is it strange
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants