How can I stop cats dumping in my garden?

97 replies
Found 13th Mar
very annoying, especially with the kids playing. I was told to chop onions up but I'm not too keen on that idea lol

1. Ask
  2. Garden
Groups
  1. Ask
  2. Garden
97 Comments

Have the same problem. Next door keeps orange/lemon peels but not sure how effective.

Get a cat

nothing works

delusion

Get a cat

Didn't work for me! Ours uses the back garden and neighbourhood moggies use the front!
I'm now surrounded by kitty poo! oO

Tell the owners of the cat to keep the cat out of your garden.

There's this bizarre condition that only cat owners seem to possess which makes them think it's fine for them to let their pet run into your garden. Dog owners don't have this, rabbit owners don't, gerbil owners don't.

But cat owners do. Very dangerous for the cats too with cricket season coming up and all those hard cricket balls flying around the garden. Could easily hit a cat and hurt it. How awful that would be.

There were about 8 cats visiting my back garden to take a dump. I bought PetzTrendz Solar Powered Cat Repeller. They worked for me but I needed 2 to cover all angles . Even when I took them down after 6 months the cats never reappeared.

Apparently lion dung keeps them away. Better still the whole lion.

Go wilkos and buy cat gel its a deterrent that works really well.

99.9% sure the get a cat thing is a myth as is shiny objects like CD's despite being on the RSPB website

Lemon balm works for me it grows like mad is self seeding so useful as green manure

I also like it in tea/salads

There are also rolling bars that you can fit over your gate and fences. They spin when the cat tries to climb over them thus preventing the cat from climbing over.

ahhh the cat lady problem.... our neighbour has 9.... we just got a dog

I don't think anything works, I've heard orange peel, water bottle, cat ornimante with crystal eyes, cat repellent, I've heard a there's a plant they don't like, I gave a dog also and cats still come in.

radium

Apparently lion dung keeps them away. Better still the whole lion.

Hmm i see one tiny flaw in your idea

verityjoanne

I gave a dog also and cats still come in.

Not surprised then, the idea is to keep a dog. X)

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Tell the owners of the cat to keep the cat out of your garden.There's … Tell the owners of the cat to keep the cat out of your garden.There's this bizarre condition that only cat owners seem to possess which makes them think it's fine for them to let their pet run into your garden. Dog owners don't have this, rabbit owners don't, gerbil owners don't.But cat owners do. Very dangerous for the cats too with cricket season coming up and all those hard cricket balls flying around the garden. Could easily hit a cat and hurt it. How awful that would be.

​yeah dog owners just leave it on the streets or parks, children's play areas etc where it's meant to be lol

PureMAD4

​yeah dog owners just leave it on the streets or parks, children's play a … ​yeah dog owners just leave it on the streets or parks, children's play areas etc where it's meant to be lol

What else would kids use for goal posts, still , not the same since they banned chalk in dog food, the white stuff was the best.X)

Had good results from this:

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/61CxGibLrKL._SL1500_.jpg

I found only one thing works.... teaching our German shepherd to go ballistic at the word "cats" then let her out.... never see the cats anymore.

PureMAD4

​yeah dog owners just leave it on the streets or parks, children's play a … ​yeah dog owners just leave it on the streets or parks, children's play areas etc where it's meant to be lol

No that's a bad dog owner. The vast majority of dog owners carry poo bags and pick the poo up.

Now tell me that the majority of cat owners make sure their cats don't go in other people's gardens. You tell me the majority of cat owners pick up their cat's poo.

Cat owners have this mindset that they can let their pets go across neighbour's gardens. It's bizarre.

To all the cat haters stating cricket balls and poison as answers "Go [insert your own obscenity] Yourselves - you are no better than a teen robber stealing from the elderly...just scum

It's not the cat owners fault the law does not protect your gardens from cat defecate - if you want to blame anybody blame the government

And to add for years dog owners have had laws were they are supposed to clean up after their dogs and not allow dogs to be free in public but how many dog owners abuse these laws.

And to add what about all those lazy people who don't keep their gardens clean and allow rubbish to mount up and cause infestations of rats and other nasties and yet there are laws for that also.

At least most cats bury their defecate not like dogs. Animal cruelty is against the law and I don't know why HUKD mods allow/condone these types of comments. If it was racial/religious hatred they'd soon be onto the thread but because it's about a defenceless animal doing what nature taught it it's OK to offer poison just wtf

And I love cats as much as I love dogs and most other pets/animals (except spiders )

Rant over

ps to mods suspend me if you like - it don't matter to me - there's plenty of other deal sites which offer same or similar
but I find it absolutely appalling that the mods are condoning animal cruelty by allowing these comments to stand

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

No that's a bad dog owner. The vast majority of dog owners carry poo bags … No that's a bad dog owner. The vast majority of dog owners carry poo bags and pick the poo up.

And then fling the bag.oO
[img]scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t…jpg?oh=2696b96affdb7066bc659e0604f9fc89&oe=596BEF3C[/img]

rhinopaul

And then fling the … And then fling the bag.oO[img]https://scontent-cdg2-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/971423_10151634027931715_964333711_n.jpg?oh=2696b96affdb7066bc659e0604f9fc89&oe=596BEF3C[/img]

You have bad dog owners and they deserve criticism.

My point is that even 'good' cat owners don't seem to care that their pets go into neighbours' gardens and poo.

What about bird poo.... those pesky little things pooing in my garden...

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You have bad dog owners and they deserve criticism.My point is that even … You have bad dog owners and they deserve criticism.My point is that even 'good' cat owners don't seem to care that their pets go into neighbours' gardens and poo.

I hear ya, I'm just jesting. That was an actual picture I took in The New Forest. I complained to the council who said because it was not public land they couldnt do anything. I then cited it was still their duty to control disease and it got cleaned up.
Edited by: "rhinopaul" 13th Mar

philphil61

To all the cat haters stating cricket balls and poison as answers "Go … To all the cat haters stating cricket balls and poison as answers "Go [insert your own obscenity] Yourselves - you are no better than a teen robber stealing from the elderly...just scumIt's not the cat owners fault the law does not protect your gardens from cat defecate - if you want to blame anybody blame the governmentAnd to add for years dog owners have had laws were they are supposed to clean up after their dogs and not allow dogs to be free in public but how many dog owners abuse these laws.And to add what about all those lazy people who don't keep their gardens clean and allow rubbish to mount up and cause infestations of rats and other nasties and yet there are laws for that also.At least most cats bury their defecate not like dogs. Animal cruelty is against the law and I don't know why HUKD mods allow/condone these types of comments. If it was racial/religious hatred they'd soon be onto the thread but because it's about a defenceless animal doing what nature taught it it's OK to offer poison just wtfAnd I love cats as much as I love dogs and most other pets/animals (except spiders )Rant overps to mods suspend me if you like - it don't matter to me - there's plenty of other deal sites which offer same or similarbut I find it absolutely appalling that the mods are condoning animal cruelty by allowing these comments to stand

​well have u reported it and have they said it's fine.All people who own animals should take responsibility why should the law there be lws for it. If there was no laws maybe the dogs wouldn't poo everywhere like in most other countries around the world nobody cleans up but strangely no dog poo on the roads streets or parks where kids walk play the dogs go and do it in the bushes yet people thing Britain is so Great. I just shows how stupid people are in this country they can't even teach there animals or how to do there business instead they make stupid laws too make people even stupider than they are.

skintgirl6

What about bird poo.... those pesky little things pooing in my garden...

Are the birds someone's pet? See I knew someone would come up with that type of argument (foxes too) but you do understand the difference right?

I wouldn't let my dog go into next door's garden and do a poo - in fact I wouldn't let him just go into someone else's garden - yet cat owners seem to think that's fine.

They'll defend it as being 'natural' for cats to do that but the point is that a pet is your responsibility. Some people don't want a cat in their garden and unlike the fox, that cat is the responsibility of it's owner.

***** cats crap in my mum's garden, it makes me feel sick as I have the job of clearing it up. The gel stuff works well but is £8 a bottle, why should i have to pay that for someone else's mess? I may try onions .... I just wish pet owners would keep their animals to themselves, got chased by two dogs tonight, hate them as well!
Edited by moderator: "Mar 13, 2017 18:07" 13th Mar

All cats – domestic and feral – are protected by the Animal Welfare Act of 2006 and it is an offence to trap or intentionally kill or harm them in any way.

Domestic cats are considered by law as property so anyone killing or injuring a cat can be charged under the Criminal Damage Act 1971 and so they should be. Also, because the cat is considered property, the act of taking a cat and dropping it off somewhere is theft so don’t do it.

Try the Indian way seems to work with All my Cuzans. And I got bares of em.
Get bottles of 1 litre fill them with water and just put in garden works a treat allegedly.

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

You seem to be confusing a garden and a public park. Sure by your … You seem to be confusing a garden and a public park. Sure by your reasoning it's the same thing and that's fine for you, but the rest of us can see the distinction.

You hate cats.... we get the message, the rest of us can see that. Now stop preaching about it on here, its boring.

MynameisM

If there was no laws maybe the dogs wouldn't poo everywhere like in … If there was no laws maybe the dogs wouldn't poo everywhere like in most other countries around the world nobody cleans up but strangely no dog poo on the roads streets or parks where kids walk play the dogs go and do it in the bushes yet people thing Britain is so Great. I just shows how stupid people are in this country they can't even teach there animals or how to do there business instead they make stupid laws too make people even stupider than they are.

Sorry, I'm confused. I live in France and there is poo everywhere, on the footpaths, in the kids playgrounds, in front of the schools, its everywhere.Its like the UK was in the 80's

HotEnglishAndWelshDeals

Are the birds someone's pet? See I knew someone would come up with that … Are the birds someone's pet? See I knew someone would come up with that type of argument (foxes too) but you do understand the difference right?I wouldn't let my dog go into next door's garden and do a poo - in fact I wouldn't let him just go into someone else's garden - yet cat owners seem to think that's fine.They'll defend it as being 'natural' for cats to do that but the point is that a pet is your responsibility. Some people don't want a cat in their garden and unlike the fox, that cat is the responsibility of it's owner.

​you've obviously never had a cat. it is impossible to control where they go. you try and put a leash on a cat and it'll have your hand off. as mentioned above, they are property unlike dogs so they are less controlled, and therefore less protected. cats do roam around, thats their nature, so if they happen to be in your garden then tough luck really, in the same way pigeons and birds end up in your garden (and there is always the possibility they are also somebody's pets, by the way)

airfix

You hate cats.... we get the message, the rest of us can see that. Now … You hate cats.... we get the message, the rest of us can see that. Now stop preaching about it on here, its boring.

He's performing a public service, leave him alone. I was all for cats but now I agree with him.

philphil61

All cats – domestic and feral – are protected by the Animal Welfare Act of … All cats – domestic and feral – are protected by the Animal Welfare Act of 2006 and it is an offence to trap or intentionally kill or harm them in any way.Domestic cats are considered by law as property so anyone killing or injuring a cat can be charged under the Criminal Damage Act 1971 and so they should be. Also, because the cat is considered property, the act of taking a cat and dropping it off somewhere is theft so don’t do it.

And yet you dont have to report it when run over by a car.

rhinopaul

And yet you dont have to report it when run over by a car.

That's the law

Where some people feel it's ok to ignore or break the law whilst other more mature and/or educated will adhere to the law

rhinopaul

Sorry, I'm confused. I live in France and there is poo everywhere, on the … Sorry, I'm confused. I live in France and there is poo everywhere, on the footpaths, in the kids playgrounds, in front of the schools, its everywhere.Its like the UK was in the 80's

​sorry my fault i should have mentioned the clever people of the 1st world can't train there animals where as the developing countries have no issues u with dog cat poo it's just horse cow pats on the roads etc but they are used for transport so different.you may have noticed if u been in holiday in one of them countries.

mk8

He's performing a public service, leave him alone. I was all for cats but … He's performing a public service, leave him alone. I was all for cats but now I agree with him.

He's attempting some kind of virtue signaling to other like minded phsychos on here, rallying up some support to justify babaric cruelty, he's boring and self centred and preaches too much.

airfix

He's attempting some kind of virtue signaling to other like minded … He's attempting some kind of virtue signaling to other like minded phsychos on here, rallying up some support to justify babaric cruelty, he's boring and self centred and preaches too much.

He seems to be the only one putting effort and thought into the debate on here.
Post a comment
@
    Text
    Top Discussions
    1. Aliexpress - To be trusted?45
    2. BBC4 Vietnam War43
    3. With or without cream?56
    4. Mobile WiFi calling?44

See more discussions