How can I stop my foundation soaking into my pores?

Found 31st May 2015
I've always used Barbara Dalys foundation from Tesco but they've stopped doing it!
It used to cover my face brilliantly without using any other product other than a bit of powder on top.
I've tried some others and the best I've found is Maybellines Better Skin one however it soaks into my pores and just doesn't look right
Please can anyone advise me on any products which could help?
I'm fair skinned and prone to spot outbreaks (despite being in my mid forties!)
Many thanks in advance.

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
11 Comments

Hi, have you tried using a decent primer before foundation ?

Try a primero the max factor make up its 3 in 1 primer concealer and foundation it's full coverage I find it great, also use a flat foundation brush might help

Bare minerals is amazing, more expensive but lasts ages

Hammerite usually covers most surfaces without soaking in. It can be a pain to remove though.

The spot outbreaks are probably due to a poor diet. Isn't it better to find the cure rather than treat the disease?

Wonder if my skin is similar to yours: I have bad textured skin in some places and can be prone to breakouts (also in my 40s).

I've heard Maybelline's Baby Skin is a great primer, to be honest every primer I've tried up to now I haven't been impressed by.

Got the Smashbox freebie primer a while ago (and that one's well-rated), currently got L'Oreal Magic Touch Instant Blur (£3.99 at TJ Hughes if you have one near you). Years ago I used to use Clarins' Beauty Flash Balm (Barbara Daly did a knock-off version of this as well!).

As for keeping pores clear, I do the oil cleansing method twice a week (castor oil + moisturising oil, rubbed into skin for a few minutes then rinsed off with steaming hot cloths), and wash with microfibre cloths and Dove soap day and night.

Can't recommend a foundation as I find they are usually too cakey on me!

Loose powder, which I've used for years, does a good job of making my skin look smoother and matte. The one I'm using (very pale Scot, I find buying loose powders tricky as they go "orange" sometimes) is Coty Airspun Translucent (they do an Extra Coverage version but not sure it'd suit me). Pressed powder is too heavy for my skin.
Edited by: "louiselouise" 31st May 2015

There was a Max Factor sample liquid foundation I actually quite liked recently (I don't get along well with foundations usually), think it was Facefinity.

Benefit Pore-fessional is great.

Original Poster

Many thanks for all the advice ;0)
Will give them a go!
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants