Groups

How can I tell if CS3 is genuine?

Hello,

Those who have seen the CS3 deal with CEX will know I bought a copy and tried to register it with Adobe - they said its not on their records. I just exchanged it for a second copy and am having similar problems.

The thing is - I cant find any pictures online of what a genuine copy is supposed to look like (a bit like Microsoft do). Does anyone have a copy and can post pic (with the numbers blotted out obviously) so I can check in future if it is real? Ir what to look for? My copy is unbelievably genuine looking!

Adobe just said "well, you should only buy from us and we dont sell CS3 anymore - so it will cost you £540 for a licence"... hmmm...
    Thanks.

9 Comments

Friend had this problem. He had to buy a new one - some very good cloned software out there. How much was CS3 from CEX?

its only me;4573449

Friend had this problem. He had to buy a new one - some very good cloned … Friend had this problem. He had to buy a new one - some very good cloned software out there. How much was CS3 from CEX?

I mean good cloned software as in it is hard to tell the difference. Not sure that a picture of a box would help. Its only when you register that you find you have been duped!

Original Poster

So no holgrams or anything?

Original Poster

its only me;4573449

Friend had this problem. He had to buy a new one - some very good cloned … Friend had this problem. He had to buy a new one - some very good cloned software out there. How much was CS3 from CEX?

£175

return it for a refund.

Banned

Crikey. They're taking a big risk if they're knocking out hookey software!

Original Poster

I know - I did take it back today and swapped it for another, Have yet to successfully get it registgerd.

Thing is - I only traded items in for exchange to get that. I dont want to have £175 of exchange vouchers for CEX - I have no use for them! So will be fighting for a cash refund or threaten them to the piracy police.

They said they can trace the person who sold it to them. Wonder if they will bother. Guess they will for £175!

If you have kids at school, are a teacher or are a student you could try [url]www.rm.com/thebasement[/url] where you can get Photoshop CS4 for £148.99

Original Poster

its only me;4577336

If you have kids at school, are a teacher or are a student you could try … If you have kids at school, are a teacher or are a student you could try [url]www.rm.com/thebasement[/url] where you can get Photoshop CS4 for £148.99

Its for a business use unfortunately. Thanks though.
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Biscuit addiction1539
      2. Car park fine UKPC1314
      3. Unexpected house guest query (Ratatouille)811
      4. How much would I get for iPhone 6S 64gb rose gold unlocked like new conditi…22

See more discussions