Groups

How can i tell if these are real or fake?

cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/…082

I want to buy them but with the guys feedback im not 100% they're real, if they're not do i have a leg to stand on to get my money back?

are there any tell tail signs to spot a fake?

18 Comments

well it says its there second shop and there first shop has over 12000 feedback if they've started a shop i doubt they would sell moody goods. The main problem is if the speakers are second hand and they turn out to be faulty you got a hassle of trying to get money back

Banned

for that sort of money u can get bose companion five from a retailer.

Original Poster

im looking for smallish speakers, good for a uni room but still pack a punch.

atm i have logitech x540 but its a little too large. for uni.

Do you think companion 2 speakers would be better?

Banned

looks like a decent haul from somebodys house.........second hand indeed:pirate:

the whole second shop thing sounds bit dodgy to me, no feedback, ***** english, american bank account.......

id avoid

Banned

amazon.co.uk/gp/…er=
    http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/21x-hjQlebL._SL500_AA250_.jpg

ive got the logitech z10 which are pretty decent but a mate has these and they are superb unless you want seperate bass box like t3's

Personally I wouldn't buy from them unless I contacted the first shop and found out if this was actually there 2nd shop or if someone was jumping on there feedback/reputation.

AshleyRFC;6327779

Personally I wouldn't buy from them unless I contacted the first shop and … Personally I wouldn't buy from them unless I contacted the first shop and found out if this was actually there 2nd shop or if someone was jumping on there feedback/reputation.

+1 thts a good idea:thumbsup: do that

Original Poster

AshleyRFC;6327779

Personally I wouldn't buy from them unless I contacted the first shop and … Personally I wouldn't buy from them unless I contacted the first shop and found out if this was actually there 2nd shop or if someone was jumping on there feedback/reputation.

i did send him a question asked cheekily if i could have them for £130 he replied on his high feedback account

"buysellandloan (11582)
    99.6% Positive Feedback
    Member since 04-Oct-01 in United Kingdom"

so im thinking it is the same guy, the only problem is, why does he have 2 accounts?

rep given tho keep the feedback coming

golemsmate;6327801

i did send him a question asked cheekily if i could have them for £130 i did send him a question asked cheekily if i could have them for £130 he replied on his high feedback account "buysellandloan (11582)99.6% Positive FeedbackMember since 04-Oct-01 in United Kingdom"so im thinking it is the same guy, the only problem is, why does he have 2 accounts?rep given tho keep the feedback coming

Yeah I dont understand why they would open up a 2nd shop either, if there first was a success then why not just keep going on that one, tis weird.

i lol'd @ the CDs :lol:

Jumpingphil;6327830

Says new and boxed.:thumbsup:What's wrong with their English? It's not … Says new and boxed.:thumbsup:What's wrong with their English? It's not that bad is it?How did you find out they have an American bank account?:thumbsup:

wll there grammar is crap :lol:, dunno thought id read tht in the listing :lol: i reckon cos its all in capitals :lol:, not having a good day today lol

Banned

he will of opened another shop because of all this new dsr business.....get 4/5 of them (1 or 2 stars) within a year or 5% of your sales and you get suspended

its all gone crazy

Description... The over use of the word HAS puts me off for a start !

Original Poster

TBH i wouldnt want ANY of those things, if i win this theres gonna be a freebe competition to win all the random stuff ive given him 2 offers now and im not going to be spending more than 160

Mixed/Poor reviews see

crunchgear.com/200…ew/

IMO you'd be much better of with Audioengines (A2 or A5, me I'd go with the A5) A5 are a comparable price, A2 are nearly half the price- see this review to get an idea of the quality

stereophile.com/bud…ae/

Me, I went with these instead (after much googling, reviewing and pondering)

amazon.co.uk/exe…-21

I have had these since Christmas and I am delighted, they are fantastic. From what I've read, if you really like your music (if you're thinking of spending a couple of hundred quid on speakers I'm assuming you do) don't get 'computer spreakers' (excepting the audioengines I've mentioned) get yourself a pair of 'monitors' - usually used for home studio stuff.

You can get smaller monitors such as Edirol MA-15D.

Anyway just my tuppence worth - but IMO don't get these overpriced underwhelming speakers.

Hope this helps

RJ

Original Poster

ooo i like the audio engine 2.0 anyone know the cheapest place to get them?

and rep for the amazing post redjay!

Original Poster

JD, i really loved the audioengine speakers so i bought them! £122 from breezily.co.uk sound is mint and they're compact. everything i need! some piccies for anybody that sees this and likes them can see the size

http://img188.imageshack.us/img188/6281/sdc11102g.jpg
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. SCS add ons... are they worth it??59
      2. Feels weird!12
      3. Amazon Italy Galaxy S8 UK23
      4. Wall mounting the OLED55B7V22

See more discussions