How can I use an Xbox 360 pad on an Xbox 1s?

Edited by:"Bigcap"Found 21st Nov 2017
Can I get something to allow me to use an Xbox 360 pad on an Xbox 1s?
I've got my son a 1s for Christmas but he loves his 360 pad so I wanted to give him the option of using it on the 1s if possible?

I read somewhere that you can get a dongle to fool the Xbox into thinking other gamepads are for the Xbox one???

Anyone done this or know anything about it?

Cheers
BC

1. Ask
Groups
  1. Ask
10 Comments

First I’ve heard of it but would be interested if this is possible. Have a self-modded xbox 360 controller gathering dust on my shelf, but don’t want to get rid of it

32499678-nRAMi.jpg

Original Poster

Darzen31 m ago

[Image]

Awesome bit of kit cheers mate! Seems a little expensive at £50. Tempted though

Original Poster

Darzen1 h, 9 m ago

[Image]

Does this work with wireless pads?

Bigcap14 m ago

Does this work with wireless pads?

Looks like it.

cronusmax.com/cro…es/

The one from Amazon is the newer 2017 version.
Edited by: "Darzen" 21st Nov 2017

Xbox one controller is rather similar to the Xbox 360 controller. Why not let your son try out the new controller before spending more on a dongle. Unless your son is already against the newer joypad.

Original Poster

kos1c1 h, 21 m ago

Xbox one controller is rather similar to the Xbox 360 controller. Why not …Xbox one controller is rather similar to the Xbox 360 controller. Why not let your son try out the new controller before spending more on a dongle. Unless your son is already against the newer joypad.

I think he'll be ok with the new pad especially as it's a minecraft creeper pad I got with the ltd edition MInecraft console but he just mentioned he was reluctant to have to swap pads and was use to his 360 pad. He doesn't know about his xbox one! shhh! Thought it worth looking at the options but I rekon he will be fine. I certainly wont be spending £50 in a rush and would need to look at what else the dongle can do for that sort of money!

Bigcap16 m ago

I think he'll be ok with the new pad especially as it's a minecraft …I think he'll be ok with the new pad especially as it's a minecraft creeper pad I got with the ltd edition MInecraft console but he just mentioned he was reluctant to have to swap pads and was use to his 360 pad. He doesn't know about his xbox one! shhh! Thought it worth looking at the options but I rekon he will be fine. I certainly wont be spending £50 in a rush and would need to look at what else the dongle can do for that sort of money!

He is a lucky kid!

It's very unlikely he would really feel a difference between the two controllers.
If it was going to say a PS3 (horrible pad) from the PS4 (a much comfortable feel) then I could understand. But 360 to Xbox one is a slightly smoother, compact quality feel, and better features.

Headphone jack in the controller (3.5mm).
Rumble has been tweaked to effect trigger press (you feel tactile feedback in the L and R triggers I was quite impressed when I had an Xbox One).
And the quality in the controllers plastic just feels more grippy over last gens gloss plastic.

Original Poster

Thanks for the advice/feedback kos1c I've tried the xbox one pad and it feels great! I've tested his xbox and thought I should install the games i've got him in advance so he doesn't have to sit all day installing them when he opens it up!....

Bigcap23 m ago

Thanks for the advice/feedback kos1c I've tried the xbox one pad and …Thanks for the advice/feedback kos1c I've tried the xbox one pad and it feels great! I've tested his xbox and thought I should install the games i've got him in advance so he doesn't have to sit all day installing them when he opens it up!....

So there's nothing to worry about! Save yourself that £50 on that dongle route

Truthfully that'll be the best idea, as he'll want to get right into the games with excitement.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions