How can Quidco offer this?

Posted 4th May
I just went on Quidco looking to buy a VPN and two of the providers have offers of 104% and 128% cashback (I have premium, I don't know if it's the same for standard). Has anyone ever bought anything through Quidco and actually got back more than they paid? Also, has anyone got any VPN recommendations? Thanks folks.
Community Updates
Misc

Groups

Top comments
Easy for them because you can place a bet on it that they'll decline the cashback at the end.
11 Comments
Have a look at the deals there's always plenty of discussions on vpn
Easy for them because you can place a bet on it that they'll decline the cashback at the end.
Probably before tax too..
Buckyball04/05/2020 17:18

Easy for them because you can place a bet on it that they'll decline the …Easy for them because you can place a bet on it that they'll decline the cashback at the end.

That was my thought too.
DaveG4604/05/2020 17:15

DaveG4604/05/2020 17:15

OH has just 'Jailbroken' our Firestick so we need a VPN. Will have a look on deal for recommendations.
ZenMate is the 128% one, it is for just 1 month. ZenMate also offering 1 month free trial last time I checked so not worth the hassle.

NordVPN and Surfshark have these deals all the time for Premium members, and they do pay out, but I've had issues with Nord tracking last time I did it they did pay out before. Surfshark have always paid out for me but currently at a lower rate of 75%.
Yeah got £8 for requesting a free orange sim it was a glitch, manage to get 8 orders through before they changed it to £1 so ended up with £64.

Used to love the old days of free sim cards especially O2 I was getting around 100 a week and selling them to the phone stall on the market for 50p each in bulk.
jamie1504/05/2020 19:07

ZenMate is the 128% one, it is for just 1 month. ZenMate also offering 1 …ZenMate is the 128% one, it is for just 1 month. ZenMate also offering 1 month free trial last time I checked so not worth the hassle.NordVPN and Surfshark have these deals all the time for Premium members, and they do pay out, but I've had issues with Nord tracking last time I did it they did pay out before. Surfshark have always paid out for me but currently at a lower rate of 75%.

Thanks for explaining. Surfshark it is then.
Cost of the cashback probably covered / subsidised by GCHQ to tie VPN accounts to bank accounts.

If it looks too good to be true...
Edited by: "wega3k" 4th May
wega3k04/05/2020 21:21

Cost of the cashback probably covered / subsidised by GCHQ to tie VPN …Cost of the cashback probably covered / subsidised by GCHQ to tie VPN accounts to bank accounts.If it looks too good to be true...

Not for Nord or Surfshark, both outside of 5 eyes. They just both have really high commission rates at the moment. My assumption is that due to the high commission they make, Quidco is subsidising the difference as a Premium benefit.
Edited by: "jamie15" 4th May
Delightful9104/05/2020 21:14

Thanks for explaining. Surfshark it is then.

I've been paid out by Nord before as well. Surfshark is much cheaper upfront though and is also very good. Both have their pros and cons
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions