How can we stop consumers buying from Viagogo?

Found 7th Dec 2017
I've Sold on Viagogo and have had enough of there dodgy dealings

Pay no tax
Charge the seller to sell, charge the buyer massive amount for VAT and seller fee
Use pressure selling to get people not checking at the end there fees so 40£ tickets end up 80£,

No lie I can list a ticket for 40£, I get 33£ and Viagogo sell it after there fees for 70£ leaving them more money from the ticket then the seller, crazy

I have issues with viagogo accusing me of duplicating my listing, they told me the dates they was listed and the second date I had no emails to say I listed them and until I emailed them saying there is nothing in my listing page to say there is two, few days later it was there... 100% they put it there.. I'm very organised

also had several cancellations because buyer was denied entry, and this can be either a few things. I never resold them so it's nothing like that, either the buyer has duplicated them and gone in and got a friend to try get in, and I think they get something to say they was denied and they get there money back

but to be honest I got a email to say this about tickets I sold for 12£ so after viagogo fees probs 30£, I highly doubt someone went to this trouble to get there money back, Viagogo provide no proof just a email to say there not paying you, very fishy and BS

I hope some people read this and avoid them in the future, I would recommend GETMEIN, there just as bad at not paying tax and high fees but overall I never had issues with them trying to scam me and I would say there fees are about 50% less

---

Question
I did not think for one second to check trust pilot on viagogo because of there presents of TV adverts and there site looking professional and just hearing them around I assumed they was a legit company, how can we as consumer spread the word to get people to check trust pilot before they use it?
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
Stop selling on there is a good start.
6 Comments
Stop selling on there is a good start.
*their
"how can we as consumer spread the word to get people to check trust pilot before they use it?"

You can't. There will always be people who see the pound signs and go ahead without doing their due diligence. If you would like proof then look at the hundreds of questions on this site asking if atotallylegitimatewebsiteuk.comis a scam site because they paid 20p for a £500 laptop and it hasn't arrived in over a year and when they finally managed to navigate the website, despite its broken English, and found the contact page they were unable to get a response.
Edited by: "RossD89" 7th Dec 2017
So it went bad for you as a seller & you want everyone to stop using it?

As long as people can get hold of tickets for events that are sold out, there will always be takers
One of those threads where you just sit shaking your head :
Original Poster Banned
Gollywood7th Dec

So it went bad for you as a seller & you want everyone to stop using it?As …So it went bad for you as a seller & you want everyone to stop using it?As long as people can get hold of tickets for events that are sold out, there will always be takers

Look at trust pilot other companys do not get that many negatives everyday
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions