Groups

How can you tell if your Orange San Francisco is LCD or OLED

Wife has hers for a week or so now and I have just seen this post over on Modaco

android.modaco.com/con…ed/

also the Orange website no longer mentions OLED in its description of the SF

so how can you tell if you have an OLED screen or not ......

EliTom

14 Comments

its oled. rumour going round is they are being supplied with lcd soon but i dont believe it.

If it's AMOLED then hold on to it, as it's running out - the Desire original had to change to LCD because of production speed.

Original Poster

Lost Symphonies

If it's AMOLED then hold on to it, as it's running out - the Desire … If it's AMOLED then hold on to it, as it's running out - the Desire original had to change to LCD because of production speed.

yeah but how to tell if it IS AMOLED ?

that is teh question?

EliTom

Lost Symphonies

If it's AMOLED then hold on to it, as it's running out - the Desire … If it's AMOLED then hold on to it, as it's running out - the Desire original had to change to LCD because of production speed.

shanecr

its oled. rumour going round is they are being supplied with lcd soon but … its oled. rumour going round is they are being supplied with lcd soon but i dont believe it.

VVVVVVV

^^^^^^^^^^

People should simply stop buying them once figuring out how to tell.

elitom

yeah but how to tell if it IS AMOLED ?that is teh question?EliTom

open it up to see if its backlit?

dsearch google.. do some work urself.

save1planet

dsearch google.. do some work urself.

http://images.paraorkut.com/img/funnypics/images/b/bad_newbie_bad-12268.jpg

the cool good looking kids (but not as cool or good looking as the kids with a desire) will have the oled screen.

This might help...from Manju in another post.

Who ever was asking how to identify an OLED screen then follow this which I posted in another form.

As some B08s Orange San Franciscos have been reported as being OLED, we can no longer rely on the build number to ascertain whether the phone(s) have the OLED screen or TFT. This is bad news.

On the brighter side, we can use codes to determine this instead.

Dial *983*24474636# in the dialer. (refer to “Glass” to determine which screen category your phone falls under)

OLED

LCD Information:
    IC: TL2796
    Glass: Samsung

TFT/LCD

IC: NT35580
    Glass: LEAD OR
    Glass: TRULY

So to conclude if you have a Glass:Samsung then it is OLED (No ifs and buts)

superstar20510

This might help...from Manju in another post.Who ever was asking how to … This might help...from Manju in another post.Who ever was asking how to identify an OLED screen then follow this which I posted in another form.As some B08s Orange San Franciscos have been reported as being OLED, we can no longer rely on the build number to ascertain whether the phone(s) have the OLED screen or TFT. This is bad news.On the brighter side, we can use codes to determine this instead.Dial *983*24474636# in the dialer. (refer to “Glass” to determine which screen category your phone falls under)OLEDLCD Information:IC: TL2796Glass: SamsungTFT/LCD IC: NT35580Glass: LEAD ORGlass: TRULYSo to conclude if you have a Glass:Samsung then it is OLED (No ifs and buts)

yey mines oled

so's ours! many thanks!

****, mine's LCD (shows as TRULY). Going to curl up in the corner and cry now.

tried this on my froyo San Francisco, nothing came back about the Glass.
    Any other hints/tips??
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7767218
      2. The obvious next step become Ken then become Barbie1012
      3. Do you have one of these 2.1 million 50p's selling for 20x its value?917
      4. love affairs912

See more discussions