How cheap to Fire Tablets go?

Posted 5th Jan
First time starting a discussion so hopefully it's in the right place. I'm likely going to buy something cheap to stream Amazon prime music from to save using my phone all the time. Fire 7 or 8 will do the job but I'm just wondering how cheap they go?

I've searched and it seems the 7 has been in the £30 somethings rather than £49. Is it just a case of waiting for an inevitable drop?

Many thanks
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

23 Comments
Don't get 1 they're awful.
MonkeyMan9006/01/2020 00:02

Don't get 1 they're awful.

It's literally just to bluetooth Prime music through... surely good enough for that lol?
Kenny_Ramsey06/01/2020 00:10

It's literally just to bluetooth Prime music through... surely good enough …It's literally just to bluetooth Prime music through... surely good enough for that lol?

It could probably just about handle that lol. My kids played with theirs for approx 2 to 3 hours over a few days and just have up on them. Computers in 1997 were faster
I’ve used a £27 fire hd as a daily alarm and MOTD watcher for the last 2/3 years... for £27 it does its job
Bought one when they were on offer a year or two ago at £20. Never seen a device as laggy as that straight out of the box, a truly harrowing experience
Terrible do not buy
Cheapest time to get them are always Prime Day/Black Friday. Quite a few people moan about their speeds but given their price they are good value and do the job.
We've got a 7 and a HD 8. The 8 is fine but the 7 is really slow, although this was the previous gen, I think they've updated the cpu since. You'll be fine with a HD 8, they go to £50 every so often.
Edited by: "dcx_badass" 6th Jan
I paid £39 for the HD 8 (2018 version) from the warehouse deals. Described as "Used - Good" but was essentially in brand new condition but swapped into a generic amazon box.

It's fine for watching a bit of Netflix, Prime etc and probably worth what i paid but no way i'd ever pay the full £80 price, FireOS is too buggy to be worth the full price. It's supposedly based on Android Nougat 7.1 but even the old Lollipop 5.1 phones in my drawer have better app compatibility.
Bought my daughter an 8 HD for £39 she uses it for Netflix which is fine.
Edited by: "Bluefusion" 6th Jan
Thanks all, sounds like it might be worth going a bit more for the 8
Buy a dot for 25 quid
ding06/01/2020 11:31

Buy a dot for 25 quid

Agree with this, the sound out of the dot is decent for the price and much better than the fire, with the added bonus of hooking up to spotify if you have an account there.
MichyM06/01/2020 11:36

Agree with this, the sound out of the dot is decent for the price and much …Agree with this, the sound out of the dot is decent for the price and much better than the fire, with the added bonus of hooking up to spotify if you have an account there.

and it can be connected to a bluetooth speaker too
A friend got the Fire 7 Tablet, 16 GB for £29.99 on Black Friday cheapest I've seen it go but that was more for YouTube, Kindle Books and all the other features. If however your wanting to only stream Amazon Prime Music then an Amazon Echo Dot @ £24.99 would be right up your street the sound is pretty decent.
39603524-GOHor.jpg
Echo dot then if I can shift my paranoia about the listening side haha. Whatever it is will be played via bluetooth through a hifi, so it just needs to stream the music in decent quality
I’ve got a 7, 8 & 10 as well as a dot, the sound from the dot is far more superior
claire751906/01/2020 22:02

I’ve got a 7, 8 & 10 as well as a dot, the sound from the dot is far more s …I’ve got a 7, 8 & 10 as well as a dot, the sound from the dot is far more superior

Perfect, thanks for the tip
Kenny_Ramsey06/01/2020 16:58

Echo dot then if I can shift my paranoia about the listening side haha. …Echo dot then if I can shift my paranoia about the listening side haha. Whatever it is will be played via bluetooth through a hifi, so it just needs to stream the music in decent quality

Your phone is listening to you all the time anyway
winzzz06/01/2020 22:54

Your phone is listening to you all the time anyway

Not if you have an iPhone.
jon81uk07/01/2020 09:33

Not if you have an iPhone.

Is that because apple also watch you and track every movement?
Rossco11108/01/2020 11:18

Is that because apple also watch you and track every movement?

Only if you said yes to them taking the annoyimsied information.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions