how clean do shoes have to be to get a full refund when returning them to nike?

Posted 28th Jan
Im reading here that you can have worn them for up to a month and get a refund, im wondering if they need to look spotless or can they look a little worn ? hotukdeals.com/com…272
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

Top comments
They need to be completely unworn and ready for someone else to wear.

If you have worn them for a month and they are not faulty, then you cannot return them
This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who (allegedly) wear clothes on a night out, hiding the tags and returning them!

I did see a thread a while back (somewhere) saying that the likes of ASOS and other online retailers are banning people who buy and return far too often. Some also do the buying two different sizes thing, which is a bit more understandable, but it all costs the company money.

Sad to say, if you bought them from Amazon and the shoes are a bit skanky, you'd probably get away with it!!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 28th Jan
14 Comments
They need to be completely unworn and ready for someone else to wear.

If you have worn them for a month and they are not faulty, then you cannot return them
This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who (allegedly) wear clothes on a night out, hiding the tags and returning them!

I did see a thread a while back (somewhere) saying that the likes of ASOS and other online retailers are banning people who buy and return far too often. Some also do the buying two different sizes thing, which is a bit more understandable, but it all costs the company money.

Sad to say, if you bought them from Amazon and the shoes are a bit skanky, you'd probably get away with it!!
Edited by: "louiselouise" 28th Jan
I'm pretty sure the comment quoted above is being sarky hotukdeals.com/com…272
Let's have a look, we'll tell you if they're acceptable.
With Nike they don’t mind. I’m sure they said somewhere “if you’re not satisfied you can return them free, mud and all”

I’ve personally returned shoes to them after they hurt my feet after I went for a run in them so you’ll be fine
Edited by: "-Will-" 28th Jan
Quentin Tarantino will probably volunteer to sniff them for you
-Will-28/01/2020 12:04

With Nike they don’t mind. I’m sure they said somewhere “if you’re not sati …With Nike they don’t mind. I’m sure they said somewhere “if you’re not satisfied you can return them free, mud and all” I’ve personally returned shoes to them after they hurt my feet after I went for a run in them so you’ll be fine

I suppose it's no big loss for them. Probably cost about £3.19 to produce.
I mean, if you can return worn shoes, we all may as well get a new pair of Nikes every month and return them. I am going to be so on trend
Edited by: "RYANdeals" 28th Jan
deeky28/01/2020 12:12

I suppose it's no big loss for them. Probably cost about £3.19 to produce.

Most likely lol
-Will-28/01/2020 12:04

With Nike they don’t mind. I’m sure they said somewhere “if you’re not sati …With Nike they don’t mind. I’m sure they said somewhere “if you’re not satisfied you can return them free, mud and all” I’ve personally returned shoes to them after they hurt my feet after I went for a run in them so you’ll be fine

Ah yeah, it does state you can take them for a "trial run" so I'm guessing particularly with sports and running trainers they may allow you to have worn them and then stating the don't work for you.
nike.com/gb/…-eu

But that policy really doesn't define what a trial run is.
WHAT IS NIKE'S RETURNS POLICY? FESTIVE SEASON RETURN EXTENSION All orders placed between 1 November 2019 and 11 January 2020 have an extended 60-day returns period.

We design our shoes and gear to help you perform at peak level, so if they're not working exactly right for you, we've got you covered. When you buy on Nike.com, we give you 30 days from the delivery date to take your Nike purchases for a trial run, confidently knowing you can return (or exchange) any item (some exceptions apply) for any reason within 30 days. That even includes custom Nike By You sneakers. No questions asked and no delivery costs for NikePlus Members. And after 30 days, you can still return items if they're unworn and unwashed.
jon81uk28/01/2020 11:44

They need to be completely unworn and ready for someone else to wear.If …They need to be completely unworn and ready for someone else to wear.If you have worn them for a month and they are not faulty, then you cannot return them

Nah. Trial runs are specifically permitted and still qualify for post-run return; extending to max 60 days to try and optionally return if purchased between 01 Nov 2019 and 11 Jan 2020 (archived for future ref at archive.is/0DZ6q which is strangely 5 days longer than offered to US customers archive.is/E2PWd ) otherwise 30days to sort trial run prior to optional return:
...we give you 30 days from the delivery date to take your Nike purchases for a trial run, confidently knowing you can return (or exchange) any item (some exceptions apply) for any reason within 30 days. That even includes custom Nike By You sneakers. No questions asked and no delivery costs for NikePlus Members. And after 30 days, you can still return items if they're unworn and unwashed...
All orders placed between 1 November 2019 and 11 January 2020 have an extended 60-day returns period.
louiselouise28/01/2020 11:56

This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who …This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who (allegedly) wear clothes on a night out, hiding the tags and returning them!I did see a thread a while back (somewhere) saying that the likes of ASOS and other online retailers are banning people who buy and return far too often. Some also do the buying two different sizes thing, which is a bit more understandable, but it all costs the company money.Sad to say, if you bought them from Amazon and the shoes are a bit skanky, you'd probably get away with it!!

Poor ASOS
louiselouise28/01/2020 11:56

This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who …This thread is a bit cheeky, to say the least. Worse than the women who (allegedly) wear clothes on a night out, hiding the tags and returning them!I did see a thread a while back (somewhere) saying that the likes of ASOS and other online retailers are banning people who buy and return far too often. Some also do the buying two different sizes thing, which is a bit more understandable, but it all costs the company money.Sad to say, if you bought them from Amazon and the shoes are a bit skanky, you'd probably get away with it!!

I can't remember the name of the program, but seen it maybe a year or two ago on C4 or C5. It was about online shopping or the demise of the high street and asking the public if they had ever done the wearing then returning thing. They went on in the program to testing the theory and bought items from different retailers online. 1 was a pair of white trainers and they wore them on a rainy day around London then returned with no issues. Another was a male formal shirt, they sprayed a ton of perfume on it, then a few lipstick stains on the collar, again no issues returning. Did other things also but cant remember, the retailers where some big ones like Next,M&S, H&M quite surprised me. Think they maybe tried the same test in person and mostly didnt get the refunds.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants