How come CPU0 is showing as 127c?

Will post pics in a min.

Tim

18 Comments

Original Poster

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p205/timothyw9/Untitled.jpg

http://i129.photobucket.com/albums/p205/timothyw9/Untitled-1.jpg

because its hot?

Tiz your ambient temperature within the PC case I am sure, just checked mine also but I have a reading of 36c.

Take off your PC side panel and see if the temperature goes down, if so then it may well be a ventilation problem.

Original Poster

I get the feeling it just may be a dodgy reading as it hasn't moved from 127c, it would of killed itself the CPU if it was really that temp lol...

Tim

timothyw9;2986001

I get the feeling it just may be a dodgy reading as it hasn't moved from … I get the feeling it just may be a dodgy reading as it hasn't moved from 127c, it would of killed itself the CPU if it was really that temp lol...Tim

recent pcs can run @ 150 degrees so it will be ok but install a faster fan on the case and maybe a zalman cpu cooler.......

timothyw9;2986001

I get the feeling it just may be a dodgy reading as it hasn't moved from … I get the feeling it just may be a dodgy reading as it hasn't moved from 127c, it would of killed itself the CPU if it was really that temp lol...Tim

[SIZE="7"]TETRAD BOY IS BACK[/SIZE]

Original Poster

faevilangel;2986017

recent pcs can run @ 150 degrees so it will be ok but install a faster … recent pcs can run @ 150 degrees so it will be ok but install a faster fan on the case and maybe a zalman cpu cooler.......

Could certainly do with a better CPU fan - the one on it whines like hell - damn u emachines lol :-D

for more reliable temperature reading check your bios

timothyw9;2986086

Could certainly do with a better CPU fan - the one on it whines like hell … Could certainly do with a better CPU fan - the one on it whines like hell - damn u emachines lol :-D

buy a dell mine is whisper quiet :-D

Original Poster

I know - Dells are very quiet - I used to a have Dell Optiplex 170L which was very quiet.

Tim

my intel e4500 dual core is running at 36'c and my 2 hd's are at 36 and 32 :-D they have the stock fans on them ........

Original Poster

kwl

Core 0 and Core 1 are running at 31c according to speedfan.... with whatever emachines stuck on lol

faevilangel;2986017

recent pcs can run @ 150 degrees so it will be ok but install a faster … recent pcs can run @ 150 degrees so it will be ok but install a faster fan on the case and maybe a zalman cpu cooler.......

:w00t: Silicon most definitely cannot handle those heats, thats madness. 127 degrees is so hot it is almost certainly a false reading - to be sure, reboot and quickly enter the bios menu and check the CPU temp from there... :thumbsup:

faevilangel;2986017

I'm pretty sure it's still 120°C absolute maximum, and around 90°C for the temperature reading you get.

As others have said the problem is likely speedfan, try a different monitoring utility like ]Real Temp and see if that gives the same reading.

I cant even hear my dell and its only a p4

Quick shut down your PC and chuck it in the bath that will cool it down

it's definatly a bogus reading from speedfan, wouldnt worry about it dude, but check the temp in bios like others have said.

Original Poster

RedIron;2986709

Quick shut down your PC and chuck it in the bath that will cool it down

lol :-D!!!
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Surprise! The HUKD Summer Flamedeer Hunt 2017 **OFFICIAL THREAD** (trading …4532118
      2. Back to school: what's your views on your kids uniform and piercing rules e…27120
      3. If you had £50,000 to start a business what would it be ?2546
      4. How long do we think it’ll be until USB C is considered as safe and univers…66

See more discussions