how come people ignore each other these days

Found 22nd Apr
No matter what the relation is these days . people just seem to ignore each other ? how upsetting is that but what do you think ?? ...
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
33679701-1rywe.jpg
Too busy making fake friends thousands of miles away on Facebook or Instagram
33 Comments
Where ignorance is bliss - 'Tis folly to be wise
I don't. Sometimes you just need to make the first move and say something. However. To many of us living to close to each other and what with the nutters everyone has there guard up. Can't say I blame them and don't make eye contact just incase you happen to pick a nut job.
Edited by: "wayners" 22nd Apr
Life is too busy.
I was only thinking the same thing a few hours ago. Social media 'friendship' is more appealing than personal communication perhaps?
33679701-1rywe.jpg
deeky7 m ago

[Image]

brilliant!
davewave2 m ago

brilliant!

I love being brilliant
TV's,mobile phones,cars.....
generally the 'americanisation' of our society.
Edited by: "Wongy110" 22nd Apr
Too busy making fake friends thousands of miles away on Facebook or Instagram
Social Media and Tech have made most people this way! People buy kids tv’s and isolate them away in there rooms - put gadgets in front of them from early on and interaction between people is suffering!
adamderak13 m ago

Too busy making fake friends thousands of miles away on Facebook or …Too busy making fake friends thousands of miles away on Facebook or Instagram

People are sh*t.

(Just to paint a picture)
My friend upgraded to a new pc last year I asked if I could have his old machine for my brother, got a yes. It's taken 9 months and he still hasn't shipped the pc due to being busy.

He rings me every day to tell me how his work is going or complain about his girlfriend..

I've known him for like 20 years and yesterday I lent him £750 to pay a deposit for his new place. I expected him to do the right thing and finally ship out that pc for my younger brother.. instead he has ignored my texts.

Just shows you even 'good friends' will ignore you.
I don't blame them to be honest...
deleted1431257
Priorities get in the way. Sometimes I come back from work and just want to use the free time to catch up on stuff/relax/watch television/play PS4 etc, eventually 'family time' and visits from close relatives are the limit which I would reach out to and converse with, relatives that are more distant become an utter inconvenience. The worst thing for me is if there's a major event on in the evening (like a big football match between for example Real Madrid vs PSG) and suddenly the doorbell rings and it's some relative. I've even gone as far as not attending my friends' wedding I was invited to recently because I had work in the early morning until the afternoon, then Real Madrid vs Atletico Madrid and the Bahrain Grand Prix straight after, then I had to catch up on the full replay of a bloody awesome NXT Takeover New Orleans, watch what was remaining of the Masters Golf, and finally WrestleMania 34 until like 5am (awake for 24 hours straight).

P.S - Skipping the wedding I was invited to was so worth it . Life lesson - Never set important events and functions like weddings deliberately on days when major stuff is on or releasing/launching.
Edited by: "deleted1431257" 22nd Apr
cmdr_elito1 h, 18 m ago

Life is too busy.

thts no excuses to tke time out for the people in your life
kos1c35 m ago

People are sh*t. (Just to paint a picture)My friend upgraded to a new pc …People are sh*t. (Just to paint a picture)My friend upgraded to a new pc last year I asked if I could have his old machine for my brother, got a yes. It's taken 9 months and he still hasn't shipped the pc due to being busy. He rings me every day to tell me how his work is going or complain about his girlfriend.. I've known him for like 20 years and yesterday I lent him £750 to pay a deposit for his new place. I expected him to do the right thing and finally ship out that pc for my younger brother.. instead he has ignored my texts. Just shows you even 'good friends' will ignore you.

you are fantastic person such a shame about your ignorant they dont deserve your loyality
This happened to me yesterday. Said 'hello' and they totally blanked me. I expected more from my Mum.
The fact people have posted on this thread goes to show it isn't the case
Can't say I've noticed. Maybe it's just you seeking and expecting too much attention.
Edited by: "chocci" 23rd Apr
Sweettooth348 h, 18 m ago

It is when you barely have enough time to sleep more than 5 hours. I only have time to talk to people at weekends, I say hi as I hurriedly pass people but that’s it.
Edited by: "cmdr_elito" 23rd Apr
Have you tried a bit of attention seeking? People love that.
The usual reasons of being time poor and the acceptance that some friends/family/acquaintances just aren't worth the effort.
Screens: TV, PC, phones and tablets. Whatever it may be are isolating is and making us lonely.
deeky13 h, 0 m ago

[Image]

Don't ignore me when i'm talking to you
summerof7614 m ago

Don't ignore me when i'm talking to you

You would knock him right off his chair
kos1c13 h, 20 m ago

People are sh*t. (Just to paint a picture)My friend upgraded to a new pc …People are sh*t. (Just to paint a picture)My friend upgraded to a new pc last year I asked if I could have his old machine for my brother, got a yes. It's taken 9 months and he still hasn't shipped the pc due to being busy. He rings me every day to tell me how his work is going or complain about his girlfriend.. I've known him for like 20 years and yesterday I lent him £750 to pay a deposit for his new place. I expected him to do the right thing and finally ship out that pc for my younger brother.. instead he has ignored my texts. Just shows you even 'good friends' will ignore you.

You sound like a decent friend but it sounds very one sided.
benrobertsno12 h, 2 m ago

You sound like a decent friend but it sounds very one sided.

Sadly I see it that way as well. It just shows that time doesn't equal a better friendship.
Sweettooth3422 h, 31 m ago

I ignore two of my friends, they are really annoying these days they try to make remarks at my company, saying im boring etc. I stopped giving my company to them long time ago, i think they are catching on. Im cool with my non annoying friends. 😁
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions