How Dare They

Posted 25th Feb
So Amazon have stopped selling some books because a minority have had a moan.

I reckon it's a disgrace and the worst form of censorship.
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
worst form of censorship

The irony is that comment is posted on HUKD
22 Comments
worst form of censorship

The irony is that comment is posted on HUKD
Which books?
What ones? Are you talking about the Nazi books?
Anti-Semitic books looking at the guardian article....I believe what the reference is about.
news.google.com/art…:en
Edited by: "Gohan123" 25th Feb
I have Jewish heritage but I see these as historical books such as Mein Kampf and should be available for historical study not banned.
Nazi kids books? Whatever next? Distributing SS teddies to orphans?

hotukdeals.com/dis…825
Rubisco25/02/2020 23:15

Nazi kids books? Whatever next? Distributing SS teddies to …Nazi kids books? Whatever next? Distributing SS teddies to orphans?https://www.hotukdeals.com/discussions/mumsy-sss-teddies-for-orphans-in-africa-3404825

Well this book is still on amazon amazon.co.uk/Tig…991
dufflecoat_moon_turkey25/02/2020 23:15

Comment deleted

I don't agree with any censorship just because a minority gets the hump.
You cannot erase history and the literature that comes with it.
I find the Old Testament highly offensive, but I wouldn't ask for it to be taken out of print.
chimp14uk26/02/2020 01:38

I don't agree with any censorship just because a minority gets the hump. …I don't agree with any censorship just because a minority gets the hump. You cannot erase history and the literature that comes with it.I find the Old Testament highly offensive, but I wouldn't ask for it to be taken out of print.

were those books originally released during that time or are they books recently written/published?
EN1GMA26/02/2020 08:47

were those books originally released during that time or are they books …were those books originally released during that time or are they books recently written/published?

Not recently written.
Yet over 1000 results when you search for the n word.
chimp14uk26/02/2020 01:38

I don't agree with any censorship just because a minority gets the hump. …I don't agree with any censorship just because a minority gets the hump. You cannot erase history and the literature that comes with it.I find the Old Testament highly offensive, but I wouldn't ask for it to be taken out of print.

It seems to me you don't like this minority.
Hilljones26/02/2020 13:06

It seems to me you don't like this minority.

I don't like any minority that promote censorship of historic books.
I don't agree with what is said in the Bible, but I don't think it should be banned.
I think that you're looking too far into this.
Shouldn’t children know about the past! To understand that era and what have we become in the future, I’m a history geek though
Misslovely26/02/2020 16:48

Comment deleted

My point had nothing to do with religion, but just censorship of books and literature.

I was christened as a child, but I do not celebrate Christmas.

My skank of an ex wanted to christen my son so she could have a party and some free stuff, but I flattley refused.

Why are you trying to get this thread off the site? It's highly regulated now compared to the old days and it's people like you that are not helping.
Let's just have a discussion with no snowflakes complaining, eh?
Why are you not saying what the books are?
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Discussions

Top Merchants