How dare you, Kevin Spacey? You’ve fuelled a vicious lie about gay men

Found 30th Oct 2017
Kevin Spacey denies any recollection of attempted sexual assault, and then chose the opportunity to come out.

His statement reacting to the accusation of attempted child sexual assault is contemptible and will be used to justify oppression of the LGBTQ community

The Guardian link

1. Misc
Groups
  1. Misc
Top comments

Owen Jones = the poster boy for a lot of what's wrong with this country. Snowflakes who make everything about themselves.

This is all getting out of hand. The milkman gave me an up and down look this morning, i could imagine what he was thinking and i dare not leave the house alone. My life is over

CoeK54 m ago

Does anyone really think that gay men are a danger to children?

Yes.
The usual suspects.

Rubisco9 m ago

Who does Owen Jones think he is? The coming out police?How exactly does …Who does Owen Jones think he is? The coming out police?How exactly does one fuel a lie by being brutally honest?

Owen Jones just likes the sound of his own voice.
59 Comments

@OllieSt

"How dare you, Kevin Spacey? You’ve fuelled a vicious lie about gay men"

Err... calm down, dear!

Also see:
[ hotukdeals.com/com…628 ]

(& the four following comments, so far)

Saturn5 m ago

I am sure that some gay men are a danger to children, as are some …I am sure that some gay men are a danger to children, as are some heterosexual / bisexual / transgender men and women.

Non-Gender Binary people are a weapon of maths destruction.

CoeK22 m ago

I am sure that some gay men are a danger to children, as are some heterosexual / bisexual / transgender men and women.

fanpages9 m ago

..... Err... calm down, dear!

32337070-Q6bBc.jpg

CoeK54 m ago

Yes.
The usual suspects.

CoeK2 h, 22 m ago

I wouldn't let one babysit..
I jest, this is a crazy story.

Who does Owen Jones think he is? The coming out police?

How exactly does one fuel a lie by being brutally honest?

Rubisco9 m ago

Who does Owen Jones think he is? The coming out police?How exactly does …Who does Owen Jones think he is? The coming out police?How exactly does one fuel a lie by being brutally honest?

SJHan7 m ago

Funny how he manages to get in a dig at Thatcher yet completely ignores the far more relevant PIE affiliation his own side were guilty of.

CoeK4 h, 22 m ago

Why would they be any less dangerous than straight men? You can get gay paedophiles...

Owen Jones = the poster boy for a lot of what's wrong with this country. Snowflakes who make everything about themselves.

This is all getting out of hand. The milkman gave me an up and down look this morning, i could imagine what he was thinking and i dare not leave the house alone. My life is over

Hollywood's falling down like a house of cards, spoiler alert - Netflix has just cancelled it.

Saturn5 h, 27 m ago

I am sure that some gay men are a danger to children, as are some …I am sure that some gay men are a danger to children, as are some heterosexual / bisexual / transgender men and women.[Image]

What about trans age? I mean no 58 year old wearing clothes designed for a 6 year old is safe around kids, they might trip over and squish them.

Rubisco10 h, 40 m ago

Funny how he manages to get in a dig at Thatcher yet completely ignores …Funny how he manages to get in a dig at Thatcher yet completely ignores the far more relevant PIE affiliation his own side were guilty of.

for anyone who wants the meaning behind PIE comment ... Paedophile Information Exchange
Edited by: "davewave" 31st Oct 2017

WASN'T THAT whole package started by the age of homo consent being 21, therefore there must have been ? plenty of "underage" men engaging in sexual antics . They were arrested and charged with engaging in underage sex , (and lesbianism didn't even exist back then.)
So all the reports would read of 100's of men engaged in underage sex, fueling the rumors, and of course some ppl would always want to think the worst.
But it happens in the natural world too, and the Pharaohs got up to much worse

GwanGy17 m ago

WASN'T THAT whole package started by the age of homo consent being 21, …WASN'T THAT whole package started by the age of homo consent being 21, therefore there must have been ? plenty of "underage" men engaging in sexual antics . They were arrested and charged with engaging in underage sex , (and lesbianism didn't even exist back then.)So all the reports would read of 100's of men engaged in underage sex, fueling the rumors, and of course some ppl would always want to think the worst.But it happens in the natural world too, and the Pharaohs got up to much worse

'whole package' can you explain?
'underage' men at age of 21 is different from underage children of 14!
'lesbianism didnt exist back then' have you heard of Lesbos? (Sappho c. 630 – c. 570 BC) was an archaic Greek poet from the island of Lesbos?

Just read this, and would probably agree with a lot of what Jones is saying here.

Section 28 and it's implied correlation is still fresh in the mind for a lot of people, some still draw that parallel. I think it was wrong of Spacey (or his publicist) to use his coming out as misdirection. Even then there was a; "and some women too! I'm not completely gay guys, and any casting agents." caveat. Cowardly.

"Deeply inappropriate drunken behaviour" Like it's a thing we all do drunk. His statement completely failed to address the actual issue. Frank Underwood would be proud, he'd probably look to the camera immediately afterwards and call us all "F**king idiots"
Edited by: "Krooner" 31st Oct 2017

delboyd11 h, 10 m ago

Why would they be any less dangerous than straight men? You can get gay …Why would they be any less dangerous than straight men? You can get gay paedophiles...

I probably should have said does anyone really think gay men are any more dangerous than anyone else.

Ross_8711 h, 58 m ago

Owen Jones = the poster boy for a lot of what's wrong with this country. …Owen Jones = the poster boy for a lot of what's wrong with this country. Snowflakes who make everything about themselves.

He has made a career out being professionally outraged. He is one of the few people who when he hits my tv screen I reach for the remote.

DKLS3 m ago

He has made a career out being professionally outraged. He is one of the …He has made a career out being professionally outraged. He is one of the few people who when he hits my tv screen I reach for the remote.

I would throw my remote at someone for hitting my TV too.

seb36 m ago

I'm organizing some charabanc outings to the theatre for hotdealers - …I'm organizing some charabanc outings to the theatre for hotdealers - please let me know if you want to come.http://www.finboroughtheatre.co.uk/productions/2017/quaint-honour.phphttp://www.abovethestag.com/vxl/whats-on/lord-dismiss-us/

random

seb55 m ago

I'm organizing some charabanc outings to the theatre for hotdealers - …I'm organizing some charabanc outings to the theatre for hotdealers - please let me know if you want to come.http://www.finboroughtheatre.co.uk/productions/2017/quaint-honour.phphttp://www.abovethestag.com/vxl/whats-on/lord-dismiss-us/

Wonder what happened to the Miscers who took one to Morocco ?

they're still there - having the time of their lives!!

matt cain makes a similar point to owen jones in current bun article below.

I'm not sure that spacey deserves to be crucified for a clumsy, drunken indiscretion a long time ago - but we are living in strange times so I expect he will be.

why did rapp come out with this accusation now - career in the doldrums?

thesun.co.uk/new…ns/

seb4 m ago

matt cain makes a similar point to owen jones in current bun article …matt cain makes a similar point to owen jones in current bun article below.I'm not sure that spacey deserves to be crucified for a clumsy, drunken indiscretion a long time ago - but we are living in strange times so I expect he will be.why did rapp come out with this accusation now - career in the doldrums?https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/4803789/kevin-spacey-house-of-cards-sex-allegations/

He is in the new star trek, so I suppose his career is doing ok. He said something about wanting to get this kind of thing out in the open to help other people to be able to do the same.

for crying out loud - this happened 30 years ago.

what's the point of raising it now?

seb5 m ago

for crying out loud - this happened 30 years ago.what's the point of …for crying out loud - this happened 30 years ago.what's the point of raising it now?

I already said, it was in support of other people who are coming forward and possibly to stop it happening again.

Trump and brexit are becoming a distant memory

seb2 m ago

how can one stop people getting drunk and doing stupid/wrong …how can one stop people getting drunk and doing stupid/wrong things?assuming rapp is telling the truth, of course.http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/kevin-spacey-is-innocent/20490#.Wfhow0_73cthttp://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/metoo-the-return-of-recovered-memories/20495#.WfhoZ0_73cs

If Hollywood has a problem with people doing these things and then nobody coming out about it then the best solution is to stop keeping these behaviours in the shadows. I'm not him, I don't know his motivations so I am just guessing the answers to your questions, you could probably guess the answers yourself.

there's a big difference between weinstein who seems to have been an incorrigible wretch with multiple victims (in the real sense of that word) and spacey's one-off incident (if it happened).

I suppose I will have to eat my words if numerous ex-teens now come out of the woodwork in order to register complaints against spacey - although I think (and hope) that won't happen.

seb40 m ago

how can one stop people getting drunk and doing stupid/wrong …how can one stop people getting drunk and doing stupid/wrong things?assuming rapp is telling the truth, of course.http://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/kevin-spacey-is-innocent/20490#.Wfhow0_73cthttp://www.spiked-online.com/newsite/article/metoo-the-return-of-recovered-memories/20495#.WfhoZ0_73cs

Spacey may as well have added; "...in alcohol's defense [US spelling], I've done some stupid things when sober as well...".

He's really upset the LGBT+ community Twitter users too rather than their usual responses congratulating an individual for having the courage to "come out".

seb33 m ago

there's a big difference between weinstein who seems to have been an …there's a big difference between weinstein who seems to have been an incorrigible wretch with multiple victims (in the real sense of that word) and spacey's one-off incident (if it happened).I suppose I will have to eat my words if numerous ex-teens now come out of the woodwork in order to register complaints against spacey - although I think (and hope) that won't happen.

I don't imagine he would have come out with a statement if he thought there were about to be a load of new people with the same claim. I also don't think he would have come out with a statement if he thought the claim wasn't true.

I don't think his sexuality is relevant.

30 years ago people just lived, now we can't joke about anything because somewhere out there someone finds it offensive, I do not like the direction we are going in, I feel the world has been increasing in mentally ill and idiots who want to tell people how to live there life.

in 30 years fast forward normal people will be the minority

seb6 h, 41 m ago

they're still there - having the time of their lives!![Video]

In response...

The world has gone mad. Sexual allegations everywhere. Sadly there are people out there who are genuine victims and they need all the support available. However, there are people out there who will lie and not give a thought to the distruction they do to innocent peoples lives. The compensation offered to people or settlements is something people are rightly entitled to, to help them with therapy. I personally knew people who have lied for compensation.
I find it strange that people say that their lives have been destroyed and they can’t function on a daily basis due to such assaults. There are those who can’t.... Money will not change their situation, therapy helps. Not a flat screen tv and holidays to Disney World.
Courts hear how victims are disabled emotionally by abuse, but when the money arrives, it cures some of them .... The compensation culture in these cases needs to be addressed and claimants must use some of it for the issues they say they have in court . The majority of these cases are historic. People who are abused live with this injury daily so time scale should never be quoted. Reporting a case the day after or ten years later does not dilute it and it’s all too easy for us to ask the question “ why come forward now?”

The fact that he's gay isn't an issue in my eyes but the age of the child and the description of the act is.
The claim made by Rapp has outed Spacey in public in one sense even though it wasn't exactly a secret so it's hardly a surprise he has chosen now to confirm his sexual orientation officially.
But the fact that he's claiming he was so drunk that he blacked out and couldn't remember the act is rather convenient.
If true then one could speculate how many other times this has happened.
But it seems as if Spacey was another person who was known within the industry as being a predator judging by reports made in the last day.
At this point the question seems to be just what type of predator he was and were young boys a regular part of his plans.

As for the fuss made by the LGBTQ community it seems more self serving than showing concern for the true victim here and doesn't show them in a good light.
Spacey's hand was forced and he came out, I see no blame there.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions

Top Merchants