How did the crazy storms go for everyone?

Found 28th May
feel free to share pictures or how the storms went for you, for me one lighting bolt hit the ground not far from me our house was shaking was crazy
2946286.jpg
house roof destroyed Stanway
bbc.co.uk/new…759
Community Updates
Misc
Top comments
Storms? What storms? No storms around here
Nothing in Surrey, but then again I pay a lot in council tax to divert this sort of thing away
20 Comments
It was electrifying
psychobitchfromhell6 m ago

Nor here though the neighbours were breaking in the street at 4am this morning.
mrty11 m ago

Nor here though the neighbours were breaking in the street at 4am this …Nor here though the neighbours were breaking in the street at 4am this morning.

Nice neighbourhood!
We had lighting for like 2 hours here in SE London and no rain. Was really odd to experience these lighting strikes every 3-5 seconds without rain, or much thunder following.

It did end up bucketing it down for 5 minutes at 11pm then stopped and kicked in again around midnight (Friday night).
kos1c8 m ago

We had lighting for like 2 hours here in SE London and no rain. Was really …We had lighting for like 2 hours here in SE London and no rain. Was really odd to experience these lighting strikes every 3-5 seconds without rain, or much thunder following. It did end up bucketing it down for 5 minutes at 11pm then stopped and kicked in again around midnight (Friday night).

2 hours non stop yesterday and the day before was the same about 3am
Nothing here, was at a music festival all yesterday and last night , squeezed all manner of extras into my backpack in case of torrential rain and storms and the whole event was bathed in sunshine .
_Enzo_40 m ago

2 hours non stop yesterday and the day before was the same about 3am

We had weather warnings for possible continue of the thunderstorms yesterday but it started out cloudy and we had a hot (and very humid) day instead. Today's looking hot, with possible storms again.

Where I live the thunder strikes were out of sight annoyingly. But the sky flashing a bright hint of blue/white was really cool to see!
Nice shot - I took a grainy video with 240fps slow mo but wasn't particulalry impressive, I found it difficult to find a good location to take the video.
Nothing in Surrey, but then again I pay a lot in council tax to divert this sort of thing away
we had nothing
I was out during the day and came home after many too many just in time for the CL final which I barely saw. I woke up in the morning to a cracked car windscreen and all the windows down. I'm not too sure what happened but I'm putting it down to the lightning.

Re-reading this. Just to clarify I wasn't driving, I wouldn't have been capable of finding the car let alone driving the thing.
Edited by: "OllieSt" 28th May
no storm's up here in Yorkshire
Big storms here.
The dogs hated it!
That was pathetic - and I’m in Birmingham. Go Dominican Republic Caribbean Etc the norm there proper ones
For once it sounds like us Northerners got the better weather deal - been beautiful today and yesterday
Edited by: "118luke" 28th May
Looked good on my bbc app in portugal
118luke1 h, 18 m ago

For once it sounds like us Northerners got the better weather deal - been …For once it sounds like us Northerners got the better weather deal - been beautiful today and yesterday

Yup. It rained on Friday here but been lovely ever since.
nowt here - bit foggy today though so pretty much the same...
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions