How did you meet your partner

Found 9th AugEdited by:"GasGaGlide"
Thought it would be interesting to see most common way people met their partners.

Was it at work, on a app, etc
Community Updates
Ask
Top comments
On HotUkDeals. She was a deal which I couldn’t resist, literally.
.MUFC.8 m ago

Met my wife in a club. Rather boring really.

The story or the wife?
I went round to install a tumble dryer for someone, but refused because it was to be placed on top of their washing machine, which is above waist height and against Health & Safety rules, we came to an arrangement and we've been together ever since. Although to be fair I'm now in a wheelchair on the 15th floor of a block of flats. It's a funny old world...
24 Comments
I met my (then girlfriend) wife via a mutual friend, but I see a lot of instances where people meet via mutual interests.

So if you're not much of a drinker, you're unlikely to find your soulmate in a nightclub.

But if you like playing Dungeons and Dragons, the chances of you meeting somebody likeminded at a D&D meet/game is pretty likely
AA as Jeff Dunham Says
I'm not saying. But I love the internet long time.
34669055-xvmSB.jpg
School aged 15, that was 43 years ago and we never troubled a prest or needed permission of the govenment to have 2 kids either :-)
The days of AOL dialup and online chat Before all the trolls and weirdos got on there. Been togther just short of 20 years
HutchAW30 m ago

I met my (then girlfriend) wife via a mutual friend, but I see a lot of …I met my (then girlfriend) wife via a mutual friend, but I see a lot of instances where people meet via mutual interests.So if you're not much of a drinker, you're unlikely to find your soulmate in a nightclub.But if you like playing Dungeons and Dragons, the chances of you meeting somebody likeminded at a D&D meet/game is pretty likely

Thanks mutual interests seems a great way to go. Have social anxiety and found myself giving up although not really made any effort.

Really i know, best way is just get out more however it is. I.e at work, just got handed number from someone i really liked at the time and not spoke to that much, thought it wasn't reciprocated but turns out i was wrong. Also just past experiences on outside world. Just one of those things, online apps are not working out as well. Makes sense though as not given the time to really get to know on apps and more judging book on cover and guys swiping yes on nearly all, so bombardment of messages for women aha.

Thanks for suggestion , seems obvious when thinking now but was something i lapsed notation of.
Edited by: "GasGaGlide" 9th Aug
POF, 5 years ago tomorrow we first started chatting on there.
Married now
On HotUkDeals. She was a deal which I couldn’t resist, literally.
Admag
How times have changed “work, on a app“
Digging up a medieval manor house on Lambeth palace road.
.MUFC.8 m ago

The story or the wife?
I went round to install a tumble dryer for someone, but refused because it was to be placed on top of their washing machine, which is above waist height and against Health & Safety rules, we came to an arrangement and we've been together ever since. Although to be fair I'm now in a wheelchair on the 15th floor of a block of flats. It's a funny old world...
I met my girlfriend in hmp dovegate. We're getting married in December. Been together for 8 years now.
He was my best friends older brother
Walking my wingman of a pup, he was sure a slayer, been together 14 years, wasn't the first date he got me but this one had 50% extra free in the packaging and I love a good bargain as much as I love a plump lass.
In an online chat room in 2002. We chatted for a few days, talked on the phone for a few and then she drove from Norfolk to Wales to visit me for a few days.

Around three weeks later she moved to Wales and we’ve been together ever since.
We haven’t met yet
Working at Alton Towers - we didn’t get together then but 10 years later at reunion!
At a stripclub
I bought mine in here:

russianbrides.com

She is getting old so I will trade her in and get a newer model.
In the gym. Both very keen gym goers at the time........

Not sure what’s happened now Maybe too comfortable, haha.
Blind date set up by a friend. Celebrating our 50th wedding anniversary next year.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Top Discussions