Groups

How difficult is it to jailbreak an iPhone 3G ?

Basically the title, sorry if this isn't allowed

18 Comments

Supermod

Ask yourself, is it worth it?

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6887808

Ask yourself, is it worth it?

I have asked myself this mate, and after asking myself i did a quick search on google and it says it doesn't affect your warranty as all you do is do a restore before taking it in

of course its worth it, and its so simple...

Original Poster

munaaf;6887846

of course its worth it, and its so simple...

Why is it worth it mate.. am i right in thinking i would get paid apps and paid songs free ?

Supermod

james_lfc;6887844

I have asked myself this mate, and after asking myself i did a quick … I have asked myself this mate, and after asking myself i did a quick search on google and it says it doesn't affect your warranty as all you do is do a restore before taking it in

Do you have this link please?

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6887927

Do you have this link please?

Erm no sorry not the exact one although i was just on a apple discussion site and people were saying it on there mate ... give us a minute

Here ...
    forums.macrumors.com/sho…041

Also try goggling " Does jailbreaking void my warranty "

james_lfc;6887886

Why is it worth it mate.. am i right in thinking i would get paid apps … Why is it worth it mate.. am i right in thinking i would get paid apps and paid songs free ?

well not really paid songs, (i.e. you would download it normally, the jailbreak wont affect that in anyway, you can get paid songs or put pirate ones on) and yes you can get most paid apps on it after its jailbroken
    [url]www.appulo.us[/url] for the games once its jailbroken
    or install 'hackulos' in 'cydia' when you jailbreak

and its really simple,
    just get this info...
    Current Firmware?
    and then I can link u to a guide

Supermod

james_lfc;6887991

Erm no sorry not the exact one although i was just on a apple discussion … Erm no sorry not the exact one although i was just on a apple discussion site and people were saying it on there mate ... give us a minuteHere ... http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=597041Also try goggling " Does jailbreaking void my warranty "

I am too lazy for Googling! :-D

Original Poster

munaaf;6887992

well not really paid songs, (i.e. you would download it normally, the … well not really paid songs, (i.e. you would download it normally, the jailbreak wont affect that in anyway, you can get paid songs or put pirate ones on) and yes you can get most paid apps on it after its jailbroken[url]www.appulo.us[/url] for the games once its jailbrokenor install 'hackulos' in 'cydia' when you jailbreakand its really simple,just get this info...Current Firmware?and then I can link u to a guide

Cheers mate, and i dont have the iPhone yet it should be arriving around Tuesday time

Also i don't know the answer to get onto that site lol

Original Poster

magicjay1986;6888017

I am too lazy for Googling! :-D

same tbh

Here you go mate ... forums.ilounge.com/sho…297

Tbh mate, I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking it as you'll see a fair dip in the battery life. It's just like my psp, in the sense that before I put custom f/w on it the battery life was so much better than after applying cfw to it, cheers

Original Poster

ganga;6888632

Tbh mate, I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking it as you'll see a fair dip … Tbh mate, I wouldn't recommend jailbreaking it as you'll see a fair dip in the battery life. It's just like my psp, in the sense that before I put custom f/w on it the battery life was so much better than after applying cfw to it, cheers

Thanks for your input mate - But as long as it would last around 10 hours id be happy to sacrifice that for the free apps, although i don't know what the actual battery life of the iPhone is atm although i have heard it quite poor.

jailbreak it, install rocky and cydia

james_lfc;6888712

Thanks for your input mate - But as long as it would last around 10 hours … Thanks for your input mate - But as long as it would last around 10 hours id be happy to sacrifice that for the free apps, although i don't know what the actual battery life of the iPhone is atm although i have heard it quite poor.

No problem mate, yeah anyway if you did jailbreak it and found that the battery life was to bad then you could remove the jailbreak anyway. And yeah Iphones don't have excellent battery life in their normal state lol, cheers mate

Original Poster

ganga;6888857

No problem mate, yeah anyway if you did jailbreak it and found that the … No problem mate, yeah anyway if you did jailbreak it and found that the battery life was to bad then you could remove the jailbreak anyway. And yeah Iphones don't have excellent battery life in their normal state lol, cheers mate

Thanks for all your help buddy, it might it you up soon when it comes

btw that site normally dont have a question to answer, its just cuz they are changing servers, so hopefully when you get ur iphone it will be ok

It's easy. And I have took mine back to the apple store for replacement after a restore without any problems.

]Tutorial for 3g/3gs 3.1.2 firmware (Blackra1n/sn0w)

]Tutorial 3g 3.0 firmware (Redsn0w)

Totally reversible with a restore if you decide you want it back to normal.

Original Poster

jtx;6890004

It's easy. And I have took mine back to the apple store for replacement … It's easy. And I have took mine back to the apple store for replacement after a restore without any problems.]Tutorial for 3g/3gs 3.1.2 firmware (Blackra1n/sn0w)]Tutorial 3g 3.0 firmware (Redsn0w)Totally reversible with a restore if you decide you want it back to normal.

Cheers mate, if i followed them guides what would i get ?

Free apps ? and what else ?

Cheers James
    Post a comment
    @
      Text
      Top Discussions
      1. Just heard this...2 ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★ congrats to all on 392k ★★★★★★★★★★★★★★7764267
      2. Can't delete friends on Xbox 360 or accept any friend requests, anyone know…47
      3. ❅☁☁❅ I want☼to talk☼about the☔WEATHER☔no politics☃no religion❅☁☁❅18846184
      4. How dangerous is Donald trump?31147

See more discussions