How do Hisense handle warranty claims on their TVs?

Posted 25th Jun
I've owned a 55B7300UK for 6 months, and one of the three HDMI ports has always been dodgy. It now doesn't work at all. A £5 eBay adaptor with auto switch works brilliantly well so it's now a non-problem. Just wondering what they would've done. And wishing I'd asked them to pay the £5
Community Updates
Ask

Groups

16 Comments
Probably sent a engineer to assess the issue. And then fit a new main board in tv to solve your problem with the hdmi port. Costing much more than a fiver lol
deleted11933
Phone and ask them???
You will find it a lot harder to sell when you upgrade if you leave a fault like "HDMI not working".
MWC201225/06/2020 12:54

Probably sent a engineer to assess the issue. And then fit a new main …Probably sent a engineer to assess the issue. And then fit a new main board in tv to solve your problem with the hdmi port. Costing much more than a fiver lol

Costing me or them?
deleted1193325/06/2020 13:21

Phone and ask them???You will find it a lot harder to sell when you …Phone and ask them???You will find it a lot harder to sell when you upgrade if you leave a fault like "HDMI not working".

Good point. Is there any advantage to doing it now rather than nearer the end of the 2 year warranty? Would rather not have the hassle of an engineer visit atm.
JohnnyFwaa25/06/2020 13:29

Good point. Is there any advantage to doing it now rather than nearer the …Good point. Is there any advantage to doing it now rather than nearer the end of the 2 year warranty? Would rather not have the hassle of an engineer visit atm.

Contact them now, and book a appointment for in the distant future
deleted11933
If this is under warranty and definitely a fault then you wont be paying anything for the fix. They will probably bring a spare board and swap it over for you in 10 minutes.
The advantage of doing it later is that you have a new board, and that you can hopefully miss the covid related issues etc. ]
The disadvantage of leaving till nearly 2 years is you won't have any time to check it and get a further replacement if it happened again. You could always set it up in a shed / garage / outside and ask him to fix it.
If anything else goes wrong during warranty you can get another callout.
Do you have a link to the £5 eBay adaptor with auto switch?
I returned a Hisense tv under warranty last year, it was purchased by AO who directed me to Hisense who then had a third party sort things out - was a bit of a pain really. I took a photo of the problem (vertical coloured lines across part of the screen) and they sent a courier to collect the tv. A few weeks later they were still assessing it, and then after more weeks they told me it wasn't repairable so I got a code to give to AO to allow them to process the refund.

Edit - now I remember actually they had to send the tv back to me in a broken state so it could be collected by someone else before processing refund!
Edited by: "rtbsghgfh" 25th Jun
rtbsghgfh25/06/2020 15:21

I returned a Hisense tv under warranty last year, it was purchased by AO …I returned a Hisense tv under warranty last year, it was purchased by AO who directed me to Hisense who then had a third party sort things out - was a bit of a pain really. I took a photo of the problem (vertical coloured lines across part of the screen) and they sent a courier to collect the tv. A few weeks later they were still assessing it, and then after more weeks they told me it wasn't repairable so I got a code to give to AO to allow them to process the refund.Edit - now I remember actually they had to send the tv back to me in a broken state so it could be collected by someone else before processing refund!

Thanks for this. Makes me fear the same - having to send it off for repair rather than them sending an engineer to me.
harlzter25/06/2020 14:26

Comment deleted

Maybe I wanted a link to the one he is using knowing that it has "been superb". If you did the exact same thing instead of writing out the crap you came out with maybe I would have said thanks instead of having to write all this out....
JohnnyFwaa25/06/2020 15:09

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/3-Hdmi-Port-Switch-Switcher-Splitter-Selector-HUB-Box-Cable-HDTV-1080P-Xbox-PS3/112478533057has been superb.

Thanks mate. Would prefer to buy one knowing someone who has the same TV as me and hasn't had any issues.
Post a comment
@
    Text

Discussions

Top Merchants